Ch. 9

He's my husband?
Jongin left the apartment after breakfast. 
 
He head off to the school Kyungsoo was teaching in, but the headmaster said Kyungsoo took the day off that day. 
 
He went to Luhan's bakery and Luhan said Kyungsoo wasn't coming to work. Same goes to the restaurant he was working in.
 
Kyungsoo wasn't there. He started to get panic, but he remembered what he did the night before. 
 
Gosh, why am I so stupid.... 
 
He decided to head back home. He was passing by a magazine stall that has a television playing the news. Ignoring, he waited for the bus. 
 
Jongin wanted to bang his head on the wall. He knew Kyungsoo was the one but he's just so stubborn and he feels so hurt by the thought of Kyungsoo with someo—
 
"Korean Tennis Player Lee Jinki returns to Korea for Tennis Finals. The stated man has returned to his hometown from Japan to fight in the finals of the tennis tournament." 
 
Jongin stared at the television screen dumbfounded. Onew was back in Korea. Kyungsoo's sudden disappearance in the morning. Everything seems to click together now. But he can't just confirm it yet. Maybe Kyungsoo was trying to run from him? 
 
The male frowned all the way back home—some people were staring at him but decided to ignore (incase Jongin actually throws a tantrum in the bus and hits everyone he sees) 
 
As he fumbled with the keys, he spotted a familiar figure infront of his (and Kyungsoo's) apartment door. His lips twitched upwards and was about to stalk forward to Kyungsoo.
 
Yes. Kyungsoo.
 
But his steps came to a halt when he realized who was with Kyungsoo.
 
His daymare was real.
 
Onew was with Kyungsoo.
 
And they looked.... happy.
 
Jongin stayed there, watching the the two in such a position—Kyungsoo's back was against the door while Onew was standing infront of him. 
 
Kyungsoo was smiling, shyly. Jongin clenched his fist as he saw how beautiful Kyungsoo was smiling but the smile wasn't directed towards him. It was directed towards On—Jongin decided to not say his name.
 
The male eavesdropped on their conversations. 
 
"I had a great time, Onew.."
 
"Me too, Kyungsoo.. Thanks for joining me." 
 
"Uhm.. Good luck.. For the tournament."
 
He saw Onew smiling, "Thanks, Kyungsoo-yah." 
 
"Uhm, I should go in. Jongin might be looking for—"
 
"I still love you, Kyungsoo." 
 
Jongin's heart dropped. Kyungsoo was his. Why did—
 
"I still do too, Onew but—"
 
But Jongin decided to leave because he didn't want to know. He didn't want to care. Whatever. This and that. Bla bla bla. 
 
 
-
 
 
("I still do too, Onew but you know how I feel about Jongin.."
 
"So it's still Jongin huh?"
 
Kyungsoo bit his lower lips, "It's always Jongin, Onew." 
 
"That's alright Kyungsoo-yah. I get it." 
 
"I'm sorry, Onew." 
 
"Love cannot be forced, Kyungsoo-yah."
 
"Onew—"
 
"If we're meant to be with that person, even if that person is across the sea, you'll get together in whatever ways there is—" 
 
Kyungsoo felt tears started to form in his eyes.
 
"—but if that person isn't your destiny, there's no use even if that person is right infront of your eyes...."
 
Kyungsoo opened his mouth to say something but Onew cut him off.
 
"...so if you think Jongin is the one, then tell him. Win him. Kyungsoo, you can do this." 
 
Kyungsoo pulled Onew in for an embrace and thanked him. 
 
"Anytime." 
 
Onew pulled away before smiling, "Well. I got to go now. I have training before the competition tomorrow."
 
"And you'll go back to Japan...?" 
 
"Yes, Kyungsoo.." 
 
Kyungsoo smiled and nodded, "I'll pray so you'll get a great boyfriend or girlfriend." 
 
Onew smiled back, "Oh, I will.")
 
 
-
 
 
Jongin went over to Sehun's apartment. 
 
Sehun was a mess. Because he had a fight with Luhan. And Jongin decided to ignore the question to what was the reason they fought. 
 
"What are you doing here, Jongin?" 
 
"I don't feel like going back to the apartment." 
 
"Did you... fight with Kyungsoo?" 
 
Jongin sighed and lowered his gaze on his lap.
 
"Okay. I'm sorry I asked," Sehun apologized. 
 
"Sehun. I don't know anymore..." 
 
Sehun was listening. 
 
"I feel so guilty. Everytime I snap at Kyungsoo, he never yells back. He makes me breakfast even though we fought..."
 
Sehun's eyes widened.
 
"...and today.. I saw him with Onew..." 
 
Sehun blinked in disbelief. 
 
"I don't like seeing him with On—"
 
"Oh my gosh." 
 
Jongin looked up at his bestfriend, "What?" 
 
"You're in love with Kyungsoo!" 
 
Was he? 
 
"You are in love with Do Kyungsoo, Jongin-ah!" 
 
"What if I am...?" 
 
Sehun wanted to jump on his bestfriend and tackle him to death but decided not to for Kyungsoo would kill him for killing his soon-to-be-boyfriend. 
 
"You're finally opening up."
 
Jongin deadpanned. Yeah, he is opening up.
 
"Honestly, not to bring up her name, but Lizzy would be really happy to know you moved on." 
 
Jongin frowned, "Don't say her name. I don't like it." 
 
Sehun mumbled an I'm sorry.
 
Lizzy was Jongin's first girlfriend. They dated for 4 years, and when Jongin proposed to her, she said yes. Jongin thought it was the happiest time of his life—not until a few days later when he found Lizzy making out with another male at their apartment. Jongin yelled at her, she pleaded for forgiveness, stating that she was drunk; that she didn't know what she was doing but Jongin didn't accept any of it and decided to just leave. 
 
Jongin's family members never actually liked Lizzy. So when Jongin came home that night, Liyin was flying into his arms, telling him it's okay; that Lizzy wasn't worth it. 
 
Lizzy never stopped calling for forgiveness ever since that night. But when she was said to be pregnant, she backed off and moved to the States. Jongin doesn't open his heart for another girl (or guy) ever since. 
 
So when Kyungsoo came, Jongin could tell he was the one because he caught himself caring for Kyungsoo so much. 
 
"You should tell him that, Jongin-ah."
 
"Sehun—"
 
"Tell him you love him."
 
"Sehun—"
 
"Tell him before it's too late." 
 
"Sehun, stop—"
 
"I want you to be happy, Jongin-ah. I want you to see the rainbows in your life once again."
 
"Seh—"
 
"Tell him or I won't talk to you for the rest of your life." 
 
Jongin decided to not say a word. 
 
 
-
 
 
Jongin thought Sehun was gonna kick him out of his apartment for being a coward and such, but in the end, the tanned man was dragged to a club by his bestfriend. 
 
Well. Maybe it was because he fought with Luhan.
 
As they entered the club, Jongin could see a lot of girls grinding themselves on guys; themselves out for . Ok.
 
Sehun soon disappeared into the crowd of dancers and Jongin decided that he did not want to join his (gay) bestfriend so he headed off to the counter.
 
Ordering his favorite drink, he sat beside a familiar looking male; somehow who was very beautiful. Jongin didn't know what overcomed him to actually talk to the male. 
 
"Hi." 
 
The male spun around and almost fell off his chair when he realized it was Jongin who talked to him. If Jongin was there.... Sehun is there too...
 
Wait...
 
Oh.
 
It's Luhan.
 
Luhan with red puffy eyes. 
 
Jongin stared at the latter, "What are doing here?" 
 
Luhan snapped, "What are you doing here?" 
 
"Have you been crying?" 
 
"No." Luhan replied with an obvious sarcastic tone. 
 
Oh. 
 
"Did—did you see Se—Sehun?" 
 
Jongin turned his head to the dance floor, only to see his bestfriend was surrounded by a group of girls who were practically begging for his .
 
Should I tell him or should I not, Jongin asked himself. 
 
But it was too late for Luhan noticed Jongin's stare at a certain place in the club and as he shifted his sight towards the place, he noticed his blond haired (douchebag) boyfriend dancing with a group of girls (Luhan was practically screaming '' in his mind) 
 
Sehun seem to realize his bestfriend staring so he turned his head towards Jongin's direction but caught sight of someone else. His eyes widened, his heart clenched. 
 
He dashed forward, leaving the group of girls, who sighed sadly because Sehun left them and headed straight towards Luhan. 
 
Luhan, on the other hand, was already on his feet and was ready to leave the crowded club. But Sehun was in time to catch his wrist before pulling him and pressing his lips against his boyfriend's.
 
Sehun could hear the group of girls gasping and whispering something that goes with a line of 'why is he kissing that guy' and 'oh my gosh he was gay all along' and 'who cares. he's hot and he looks good in bed.'
 
The beautiful male was shocked by the sudden kiss and tried to push Sehun away but the way Sehun was pressing his lips against Luhan's was too good. All of his energy drained and he slowly wrapped his hands around his boyfriend's neck; Sehun was already deepening the kiss by letting his tongue run along the swollen lips of his boyfriend (and Luhan happily granted by parting his lips) 
 
Jongin didn't stand watching his bestfriend and his bestfriend's boyfriend making out so he decided to turn away. 
 
A few moments later, he realized the couple had left him alone at the club. He sighed and leaned his head on the counter. 
 
Kyungsoo.
 
All he could think of is Kyungsoo.
 
Kyungsoo's nerdy spectacles.
 
Kyungsoo's big round eyes.
 
Kyungsoo's freshly made eggs and bacons.
 
Kyungsoo's soft and delicate fingers.
 
Kyungsoo's angelic voice.
 
Kyungsoo's obvious collarbones. 
 
Kyungsoo's plump lips.
 
Kyungsoo's thig—
 
Jongin shook his head and left the club after he did a lot of thinking.
 
 
-
 
 
Kyungsoo didn't know where Jongin was. Jongin's phone was off and it was almost midnight. The doe-eyed male started to bite his nails worriedly. 
 
He waited for Jongin to come home, but in the end, he fell asleep on the couch; a tear rolling down his soft, rosy cheeks. 
 
"Come home, Jongin-ah..." 
 
 
-
 
 
Jongin came back at precisely two-thirty in the morning.
 
He entered the apartment and as he took off his shoe, he noticed a lithe figure sleeping on the couch. 
 
Jongin's heart stuttered. 
 
Did Kyungsoo wait for him?
 
Jongin felt guilt creep up. He went closer and placed the house keys on the coffee table. He had a fight with Kyungsoo the night before, and that morning Kyungsoo made him breakfast. Even if he snapped at Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo still waited for him to come home; and Jongin realized that he was indeed in love with the doe-eyed male. 
 
He had fallen in love too deep.
 
The latter scooped Kyungsoo up bridal style and brought him to Kyungsoo's bedroom. He gently lifted the covers with his feet and placed Kyungsoo beneath it. 
 
Pulling the covers up, he sat at the edge of the bed beside Kyungsoo. He swept a few strands of hair away from Kyungsoo's forehead.
 
"Kyungsoo-yah..." 
 
He trailed a finger down Kyungsoo's cheeks. 
 
"I know I'm not rich anymore. I can't give you whatever you want. I can't bring you to holidays in France or Londong or Germany. I can't afford expensive anniversary gifts nor we can't travel far for our honeymoon..." 
 
He gripped Kyungsoo's hand gently.
 
"...but I swear..."
 
He felt tears forming in his eyes. 
 
"...I swear that I..." 
 
He blinked, and tears rolled down his cheeks.
 
"...I love you. And I'm stupid for—for not realizing it. I'm just a coward, a wimp..."
 
He brushed his thumb over Kyungsoo's lips.
 
"And I was scared to open up my heart for someone else... but you—"
 
He chuckled.
 
"You had the keys to the locks of my heart all along. And you opened the door to my heart—"
 
He smiled. 
 
"—and I just knew you were the one."
 
Jongin leaned down and pressed his lips against Kyungsoo's forehead. He gently retreated from the latter's bed and left the room.
 
As soon as the door clicked shut, Kyungsoo opened his eyes and realized that it was not a dream; Jongin really confessed to him; and he felt tears trickling down his face.
 
But it wasn't tears of sadness; nor was it tears of worriedness or pain.
 
It was something new.
 
It was tears of joy. 
   
 

 

Hi. 

Hello.

Welcome to new readers and new subscribers and new commenters. 

I'm sorry for the late update so here's chapter 9. 

Okay. 

I'll update chapter 10 whenever I'm free. It will be very soon so don't worry.

 

lots of love,

Ayi :)