Knight In Shining Armor [KISSmeSooVin598]

U-KISS One Shots

Eli's P.O.V.

"Mr. Kim, you know what to do, right?" The master said as I nodded. The master had said to me that I had to protect his one and only 16 year old daughter, since her last bodyguard had resigned.

"Mr. Jung, show Mr. Kim to her room," the master ordered, then went inside his office. The head butler, Mr. Jung, bowed his head to the master and signalled for me to follow him.

After a few minutes of walking, we stopped at a big double door, carved with delicate looking designs. Judging from how complicated the carvings were, it must've been made by the best carpenter and carver in town.

"This is the young miss's room," he said, then bowed and left me alone, right in front of the master's daughter's room. 'I wonder why the last bodyguard resigned,' I thought as I knocked on the door.

"Come in," a soft gentle voice came from inside the room, letting me in.
I opened the door and went in. As I walked inside, I saw a medium-height girl with long wavy dark brown hair, which fell perfectly down her back, facing a large window in front of her. When she turned around, her night gown twirled gracefully as her beautiful white face met with my own. As our eyes met, it seemed as if her dark brown eyes were filled with... annoyance?

"You must be the new bodyguard, right? I know that my father asked you to be, but it's not like I go and wander away from here. So I don't need you," she said, then she faced the window again.

I looked at her in shock and thought... 'That's why.'

 



Five years later. The present day...

"Miss _____, wake up. You'll be late for college," I said from right beside her bed, but there was no response from her. "If you don't wake up, you won't able to watch Lexa's play," I spoke again, but this time _____ jolted up from her bed and immediately went to the bathroom. I sighed as I tidied her messy bed caused from her actions few seconds ago. Five years had passed, but her attitude was still as cocky as ever towards me. I wonder how I've still survived till now.

For your information, Lexa is _____'s one and only friend in her college. They have the same problem, but Lexa's parents still allow her to do whatever she wants, before they determine her future, while _____'s dad is 180º from them. I got this info from Kiseop, Lexa's bodyguard.

"Eli, can you please get out?" She said, feeling annoyed as she peeked at me, who was still standing beside her bed.

"Sorry, Miss _____," I said as I jogged out of the room, closing the door right after I walked out. "Phew... That was close. If I'm not, 'someone-you-know-who' a.k.a. her father will definitely kill me, " I mumbled as I walked into the kitchen to help the maids prepare _____'s lunch box.

 



Your P.O.V.

A few hours later, at the university's canteen...

“Nice play, Lexa. Never thought you were good at acting,” I praised Lexa as she smiled.

“When I was young, my parents always took me to plays. That’s how I’m in love with theatre.” Lexa said as a dreamy expression appeared on her face. “How about you? Have you been to a theatre?”

“Not after my mom died. My father is very strict on me, he only lets me out when I go to school,” I said as a frown suddenly formed on my face.

“Omo, I didn’t know. I’m sorry,” Lexa said as she tried to calm me down from this uneasy feeling that I felt.

“I’m okay,” I said as I saw Kiseop talking to Eli, they had already prepared a seat for us. “Why are they always together?”

“Because we are together?” Lexa guessed as we walked towards them. Eli was the first to notice us, so he told Kiseop to do their special, yet usual routine: pulling a chair out, letting us sit, pushing it back in, sit on their seats and open their lunch boxes.

“Why do you guys always do the same routine?” Lexa asked them as they stopped eating.

“Because…”

“Let me guess…” I cut them off as I glared at Eli, since he’s my bodyguard. “You’re our bodyguards and it’s our parent's order to take care of us. Am I right?”

“Right,” they said in unison as Lexa face-palmed. I just shrugged it off.

“Fine. Let’s eat,” Lexa said as we ate our lunch silently among the other freshmen and sophomores who were eating, talking and squealing in the canteen.

 



A few hours later, back at home...

"We've arrived," Eli said as he opened the door. I walked out from the car, being greeted by all the maids and butlers lined up in front of the mansion's door. I didn't say anything as I grabbed my light backpack, stomped and acted nonchalantly while I walked toward my room.

This mansion was almost like hell to me; a prison. My room is the only room I'm comfortable in, although my father usually locks me in there. What an irony.

As soon as I arrived, I immediately tossed my bag on the bed as I dropped myself next to my bag. 'Why does my life have to be so monotone? It's almost like a key on a keyboard is being played over and over again. How boring,' I thought. Eli walked in, making me abruptly sit up from the bed.

"Anyway, I know it has been years, but can you tell me why you always ignore everyone, except Lexa, around you?" Eli asked kindly. Hearing that question, I just stared at him, then looked away to the window, to the dark sky with its dark clouds covering it. Eli immediately knew that I didn't want to answer his question, but something happened beyond our minds.

The light suddenly went off as lightning struck and the sound of thunder was loudly heard from every corner of the mansion. As if on cue, my body suddenly started to shake, as if something sent chills through it. I knew what that something was. It was a memory from 14 years ago, the exact day when I saw my mom, my beloved mom, die because of a car accident.

"_____, are you okay?" I heard Eli ask, but I couldn't bring myself to answer, because the exact situation was played back in my mind.

My father was talking to his friends while driving and my mom was in the back, helping me with my multiplications. My mom looked forward and realized that the traffic lights had turned red, but my father kept talking and didn't realize, so he just drove forward instead of stopping the car.

Without our notice, a container truck came in at high speed, moving towards the right side of the car, where I was sitting. My mom who saw it, immediately moved me to the other side, protecting me from the impact that happened a few seconds later. The crash, the glass shattering, I remember all of those sounds in my head clearly. Suddenly, I felt my eyesight blur and everything from there was all black.

 



A glimpse of light shone through my eyelids as I forced them to open. I found myself in my room, on my bed, with the lights already . I felt this fabric on my forehead as I took it. It was a towel. ‘What is this towel doing on my…’ My thought was cut by Eli’s presence, sleeping on the floor right beside my bed with a tired face. By the presence of him, the towel, and the water bowl that I’d just noticed, I guess he had been here since the blackout.
I grabbed my blanket and crouched down; wanting to cover him with my blanket, but his hand strongly gripped my wrist, making me gasp unintentionally.

“Miss _____, you’re awake,” Eli said as he rubbed his eyes with his free hand, got himself up to a sitting position, and released my wrist. I was kind of stunned by his sleepy face, which turned out to be so…y, but I managed to stay ‘nonchalant.’

“Yah, what are you doing in here? Don’t you know that it’s…?” My words were cut by a hug from Eli.

“Thank god you’re okay,” I heard Eli whisper, a slight tint of red started to appear on both of my cheeks.

“Why…are you here?” I asked after I had controlled my breath as he looked at me.

“It’s a long story…”

 


 

Eli’s P.O.V.


Flashback…

"Anyway, I know it has been years but can you tell me why you always ignore everyone, except Lexa, around you?" I asked carefully, but from her reactions, I could tell that she didn’t want to answer my question. Before I said another word, the light suddenly went off as the lightning struck and the sound of thunder was loudly heard from outside. I was shocked by the disappearance of light but I realized that _____ in still in here.

“Miss _____, are you here?” I said as I felt the bed right beside me. I trailed the edges until I found _____ sitting on it, but her condition was something that I was worried about the most. “_____, are you okay?" I asked her, but there was no response. Her body was shaking violently as I held her, making sure she didn't hit her head on something. “_____, this isn’t a joke. Answer me,” I said again, almost yelling, but then, I felt her body collapse, but she was still shaking. Not knowing what to do, I immediately called Mr. Jung, he came in with a flashlight in his hands.

“Not again, after all these years,” he sighed after he had seen _____’s condition. “Eli-ssi, bring me a bowl of water and a small towel,” he said. I obediently did what he told me to do.

Being a brother I am, I tried not to panic as I squeezed the soaked towel and put it on her forehead, while Mr. Jung was holding the light in place. After Mr. Jung had put _____’s bag in place and I had lifted her to the center of the bed, both of us collapsed, panting on the floor.

“That was close,” Mr. Jung said as the lights went back. Both of us got up and sighed in relief, but when the head butler wanted to walk back to the master’s office…

“Mr. Jung, wait.”

“Yeah, Eli-ssi?”

“Could you tell me what happened to her during her childhood? I'm guessing her attitude and this thing that just happened are related to it,” I asked as he walked back and gestured me to sit on the chair beside him.
He told me everything, everything about _____ and the incident that caused her to act this way, and caused her to have these kinds of attacks. After he told the story he got up and said to me that he had to meet the master, and left.

Flashback End
 



Your P.O.V.

“Since I can’t leave you in that kind of situation, I slept on the floor in case you needed some help,” Eli finished his story as I thought, ‘He was helping me when I was unconscious, yet I still yelled at him because of my stubbornness.

“I’m gonna be by the door if you need me,” he said as he got up to leave, but I held the hem of his shirt, causing him to look at me.

“T-thank you for helping me,” I stuttered as I closed my eyes, thinking that he will never forgive me for my attitude towards him since he arrived. Yet, the result that I got was unbelievable.

Eli patted my head, making me look at him wide eyed. “It is my honour, Miss _____.” He even smiled at me, making my heart fluster.

 



Narrator’s P.O.V.

A few weeks later…

“Eli…”

Eli, whose name was being called, turned to see his young mistress, _____, behind him wearing a floral pattern dress with a matching bandana, decorating her lovely wavy dark brown hair. Her simple red flat shoes that she was wearing completed the whole outfit.

“Can you please accompany me to the rose garden?” _____ asked sweetly, she didn’t realize that a small amount of redness started to appear on Eli’s cheeks.

“Sure,” Eli said as he walked with _____ outside the mansion, talking about college and such.

Since that day when Eli helped _____ with her sudden ‘attack’, both of them became close. _____ became more open towards Eli, and every time there was a black out, Eli always comforted her, helping her overcome the attack. They even talked to each other at university with Lexa and Kiseop, causing people to question their relationship.
Without them knowing, Mr. Jung watched them walking from inside of the mansion, smiling to himself.

 



Eli’s P.O.V.

At the rose garden…

“I had a good time here. Thank you for accompanying me, Eli,” _____ said to me as we sat on a bench there.

“I also had a good time too,” I said as we exchanged smiles. Ever since that attack, her attitude towards me changed. She became more open, sweeter, and more… natural. It’s almost like she can be herself whenever she talks to me and be honest, I like it.

“Eli, do you know why I love roses?” She asked as I shook my head.

“Would you mind telling me?” I asked her as she nodded.

“It’s because a rose is the strongest flower. They have their own beauty that represents love, either love to a friend or love for a couple, but they are also strong by using their thorns to protect themselves,” _____ said enthusiastically as she looked at the sky. “Someday, if I have a daughter, I will name her ‘Rose’. What do you think?” She asked as she looked at me. I realized that this whole time my gaze was only fixed on her, my actions caused me to blush.

“If you ask me, I totally agree with that,” I said as I looked away from her face. ‘Why is my gaze always fixed on her? Why does my face feel hot every time she smiles? Am I… No, Kim Kyoung Jae, don’t think of that. You’re a bodyguard now, well… now, but still…’ I tried to deny the feeling that I felt.
Is it…love?

 



Your P.O.V.

“Thank you, Eli,” I said as Eli nodded, but before I headed to walk to my room, Mr. Jung motioned me to come to him.

“Is there a problem?” I asked as he looked left and right, making me anxious. ‘What does he want to tell me?’

“Your father wants to meet you,” he whispered as I exhaled.

“That’s why…” I said as I walked to his office with my nonchalant face plastered on my usual sweet one.

“Miss _____, don’t make this hard for you,” Mr. Jung had advised me before I went into my father’s office.

“You're calling, father?” I asked as he nodded and gestured me to sit at the comfortable seat in front of him.

“I want to talk to you about something…” my father said as he exhaled. “I’ve already set an engagement for you.”

“What?!” I abruptly stood up from the chair. “I didn’t know anything about it.”

“You didn’t have to know. The only thing that matters is that you have to agree to this…”

“Agree? Are you seriously asking me to agree to something that I freaking didn’t know about? For what? I’m going to marry a complete stranger for what? Your work?” My emotions ragged as I yelled at the man who is my father. “You know what? You always think about work. Work, work, and always work. Have you ever cared about me? Have you?” My tears started to fall down as I talked more. “What about mom? Did you remember to visit her every year? Did you remember her birthday? Did you remember MY birthday?” His face suddenly turned into shock and anger as I broke into tears.

“_____...”

“Never mind. You never cared about me anyway,” I said as I rushed out of my father’s office to my room, soaking my pillow with tears that keep falling. After a few minutes that felt like an eternity, someone knocked on my door.

“I… need some time alone,” I managed to say those words as an answer came from behind the door.

“Miss _____, it’s me, Mr. Jung,” an old man's voice sounded through the door. I told him to come in. “Miss, I know it’s hard for you and it’s hard for me too, seeing you like this,” he said as he comforted me. Because Mr. Jung had already worked here since I was a child and always played with me before he became a head butler, I think of him as a ‘real father’ to me.

“How could he do this to me?” I squeaked as I wiped my tears away.

“I don’t know myself, Miss,” he said as he stayed with me for some time. Then he looked at the clock, remembering him of his delayed duties. “By the way, I have to go. I have to prepare dinner.”

“Mr. Jung…” I called as he turned. “Could you please not tell… Eli about this?” I asked as he nodded and left.
I cried violently on the bed as I thought about the memories that I shared with him these past few weeks. Then I realized something. My attitude towards him, my glance, my excitement, and the happy feeling that I felt after meeting him, it only meant one thing.

I’m in love with him, but it will be hurtful for him to know what just happened to me right now.

 



Narrator’s P.O.V.


A few days later…


‘What’s happening to her? Why is she avoiding me and acting nonchalantly to me, again?' Eli thought as he saw the girl in front of him. She’s not the same girl that he had spent time with a few weeks ago, and not the same girl that asked him to the rose garden. ‘Why don't you don’t rely on me anymore, _____?' Eli thought as he sighed.

“You may leave,” her soft voice said as Eli walked out from her room and closed the door behind him. Once the door was closed, _____’s facial expression of nonchalantness turned into a concerned one. ‘Sorry that I did this to you, Eli. It’s the only way so you won’t get hurt,’ she thought as she prepared herself for the engagement meeting that her father had set up.

 



Eli’s P.O.V.

I was walking in one of the halls, thinking about _____’s attitude lately, when I suddenly bumped into someone, making his papers fall.

“I’m so sorry…” I said as I gathered the files.

“You’re not usually zoned out, hyung,” the person said as I looked up, finding my younger brother’s face filled with confusion.

“AJ, didn’t see you there…” I stopped talking when AJ suddenly glared at me and asked for the files back.

“Sorry, I mean… Jaeseop,” I said. ‘Just remember that I have to call him Jaeseop when we work.’

“Come here,” he said as we walked into our room. “What’s happened to you, hyung? Is it about _____?”

“How did you…”

“Figures,” AJ said as he looked at my face.

“How?” I asked in disbelief as he sighed.

“She didn’t tell you?”

“Tell me about what?” he sighed again as he took his phone.

“This,” AJ said as he tossed his phone to me with a planner opened up.

“This… can’t be real.”

 



Your P.O.V.

At the meeting place, 7:00 p.m.…

“You know, maybe we can speed up the marriage,” my father said as the father from the male side nodded. Hearing that, my feeling became anxious as I held in my tears.

“Are you okay, _____?” The guy, whom I’ll be marrying with, Yeo Hoon Min, asked. I gave him a thin smile and nodded. ‘He’s kind but… Eli already stole my heart,’ I thought as the lights suddenly went off.

“What’s happening?” I heard my father yell as my body started to shiver. It’s the same attack that happened on the day of the black out. ‘Not again, please… Eli, help!’

Out of the blue, someone hugged me from behind, comforting me with his warm arms holding my body.
“Don’t be scared, Miss _____. It’s me,” I heard a male voice that I knew so well. Eli.

I silently moved my arms to hold his as Eli flinched. “Don’t… go,” I managed to pull out those words into a sentence as Eli hugged me tighter, not wanting to let go of me either. I was about to ask him something, but unfortunately the lights went back on. My father, Hoon, and Hoon’s father were shocked seeing the position that Eli and I were in.

“Eli, what are you doing here and hugging my daughter?” My father went mad as Eli pulled me into a standing position, still keeping his arms around me.

“I have a reason to do this. Do you know that your daughter is afraid of the dark?” Eli asked seriously, my father flinched because of his sudden outburst.

“I… didn’t know…”

“…and seeing Hoon as her partner-to-be, I guess you owe yourself an explanation to your father. Am I right, Hoonie?”

“Hoon… Hoonie?!” I asked weirdly as we looked at Hoon. He let out a chuckle.

“You really know me so well, pigeon-face,” he said as he smirked, taunting Eli.

“Yah, don’t call me that, bunny-face. Now, speak,” Eli scolded him then Hoon gave his explanation.

It turned out, Hoon didn’t agree to the marriage either. Eli knew that because Hoon had told him about his first love which was not _____.

Hearing the statement, the marriage was off. Both fathers already left, but not their children, and a bodyguard.

“Anyway, where’s AJ?” Hoon asked. “I kinda miss him.”

“In the mansion, dealing with files, etc.”

“It fits him best, though,” Hoon said as he chuckled.

“Hey, once he hears that, you’ll become a meatloaf,” Eli said as Hoon gestured us to not tell this to AJ, although I didn’t know who AJ was.

“Yah gotta go. Wanna meet Soo Hyun at 8,” Hoon said as he rushed to the exit while both of us walked there.

“Eli, how did you find me?” I asked the forgotten question as he looked at me.

“I have my own secret informant,” he said as he winked.

Flashback…

 

Eli’s P.O.V.

“This… can’t be real,” I said as I looked at AJ’s phone. On this very day, there will be a meeting about _____’s engagement, located in a restaurant owned by the Yeo Company.

“It’s real, hyung. Look at the male side,” he said as I looked at the info he told me. Written in the male side, is a name of a guy that I knew.


Yeo Hoon Min


Flashback End

 



The next morning…

“Eli…” _____ cooed from her room as I went in, seeing her in a stunning knee-length blue satin nightgown, sitting on the edge of the bed.

“Yes, Miss _____...”

“Stay there,” she said as she pointed at where I was standing.

“Why?”

“Just… stand there because I want to play a game,” she said as I smiled.

“What game?”

“I can make you say the exact word, ‘I’m your knight in shining armor’,” she said as my jaw dropped.

“You wanted me to say that since yesterday…”

“…and you didn’t so I’ll make you say it.”

“There’s no way I’ll say that cheesy line,” I said, convincing myself.

“Wanna try?” _____ said teasingly as she smirked.

“Try me.”

“Rose color?”

“Red.”

“Sky?”

“Blue.”

“Leaf?”

“Green.”

“1 + 2 equals…”

“3”

“Your age?”

“23,” I said reluctantly. ‘This game is getting confusing.’

“Ha, told you I can make you say ‘23’,” she said joyfully as she stood up.

“No, you said that you could make me say the exact words, ‘I’m your knight in shining armor,” I complained, then _____ giggled.

“What?”

“You’ve just said it,” she said as I realized that I had been tricked.

“_____, come back here,” I yelled as I chased her around the room. In a short amount of time, she was trapped.

“Uh-oh…” she said as I smirked.

“You can’t run away, princess,” I said as I walked closer.

“Wait, one more… if the groom is you and the bride is me, what will the priest say to the bride?” She asked but I answered anyway.

“_____, will you accept Eli as your husband, be with him through happiness and sorrow, and always be with him until death separates you both?”

“I do,” she suddenly said with the prettiest smile that I had ever seen, causing me to blush. ‘Does she mean… she wants to spend the rest of her life with…’

“Bye,” _____ suddenly said as she climbed on the bed on her left. Being a fast reactor I am, I immediately grabbed both of her ankles and pulled her towards me swiftly. Once half of her body had already passed the edge of the bed, I grabbed her waist with one hand to turn her around, facing me, then held both of her wrists so she wouldn’t go anywhere. I locked her legs with mine to prevent her from kicking too.

“You’ve tricked me twice. I won’t let you go this easy,” I growled in her left ear and tightened my grip to her.

“So don’t…” _____ said with a sweet voice as I looked at her in disbelief and unconsciously, loosened my grip. Seeing that, _____ freed her hands and tangled them around my neck, hugging me. Then in my left ear, she whispered sweetly as I hugged her by her waist.

“… because I love you and I don’t want you to let me go either.”

 




Finally updated. I’m totally sorry with the whole delay T.T and well, another version of Eli right here haha… Why there's no text coloring etc. right here? Too much homework makes me forget almost everything (including HTML), but not my awaiting subbies ^^. By the way, how do you guys like the story so far?

 

TheNerd's answer:

bapzelowifeyI'm glad you liked it! xD Possibly (?) haha~ Aww~ but I just love twisting their characters in stories mwahaha >:)

anthroalex12I'm happy you did~! :'D