oo8

« one-shot collection »

Being a high schooler gave Mingi the wrecking nerves. She thought she would have a bit more free time than middle school but her expectation went dead when she was in her first class; the atmosphere irks her. Her one and only friend was also changing on attitude. She didn't greet her or even look at her like before. She ignored Mingi because she now had some fresh new girly friends. Mingi just shrugged it off but everytime her old friend walked besides her, she would gave Mingi death glare with "don't-ever-greet-us-because-you're-embarrassing" look and that makes her have the verge to lay her fist on the girl's not-so-cute face. She was glad though they didn't have the same class the whole year.

But the hard thing was, searching for new and understanding friends. Mingi wasn't the type of cheerful girl whom everyone can befriend with. She was the quiet and ignoring type of person which makes her look more like a cold-hearted person whom she's not. Another thing of not having a friend was it would be boring while doing the paper work.

Mingi was at the cafeteria with her papers and books scattered all over the table. She didn't care how people looked at her weirdly as she looked really pathetic now. A high schooler without a single friend, isn't that weird?

"Why the hell did I ensured the teacher I can do this alone? I'm stupid," she sighed as she just sat there while looking at the papers. Being a procrastinator, she believed that this project won't get to finish on time.

"Having a boyfriend is not helping too," she added. Did I not mention that she has a boyfriend? Yes, she has. But her boyfriend was busy with his soccer practice and the practice will end really late. Her boyfriend was the oh-so-famous Gong Chansik but people preferred to call him Gongchan instead of Chansik since it sounds more friendly.

How did they ended up together? Okay, let me tell you.

Gongchan likes the cold and mysterious kind of girl. He considers Mingi as one of them. Somehow, he got attracted at her during the middle school and suprisingly she accepts him. Not because he was famous and handsome as Mingi didn't even care about looks. At first, Mingi didn't give a damn about Gongchan but as time passes, by looking at Gongchan's effort to make her fall for him, she unnoticedly fall for him too. 

As time passed, Mingi had done only eight percent of the project. She was not sure what was she doing too. She regretted that she asked her mom permission to stayback at school. She then gave up and ended up crossing her arms on the table and laid her head on it. It took her about five minutes to finally drifted off to dreamland.

After a straight ten minutes of sleeping, she woke up by a sudden shake on her table. She struggled herself to sat straight as the shake became harder.

"Earthquake!" she shouted while pushed herself up. She rubbed her eyes before looking up to see who was covering the sunlight. She squinted her eyes before finally realizing who was that person. It was no other than Gongchan. 

Gongchan looked at her weirdly before bursted out laughing. "Earthquake? Seriously, Mingi?" and he laughed out loud again. She was lucky that no one was in the cafeteria or she would had won the 'joke of the year' award.

She rolled her eyes. "What do you want?" 

He grinned looking at his just woken up girlfriend. "Nothing. We're on a break now and it's not a crime to visit my girlfriend who was concern of the earthquake,"

"You're lucky you're not sitting close with me," she threatened and he chuckled.

"Why are you looking so down? Tell me," he asked while making a cutesy voice, making her looking at him, cringed.

"Don't you see what's on the table? It's this freaking project!" she exclaimed, sighing.

"What project?" Gongchan asked, wiggling his eyebrows. She widened her eyes as she threw a pen but he was fast enough to catch it.

"Stop playing around!" she proclaimed, feeling her cheeks slightly heaten up.

He laughed. "Okay, okay. I see. This project is making Park Mingi's mood went down the hill," he said. "So, let's put them aside and talk about ourselves,"

"Are you kidding me? I have to send this project next month!"

"Well, you have plenty of time and I can help you with it. Don't worry," he winked and Mingi gave in. She then started to pick up all the papers that were lying all over the place and stacked them up. She closed the books and put them aside. After she had done, she sighed. 

"So what now?" she asked and placed her hands on the table.

"Let's talk about us," he suggested, pursing his lips.

She tapped her chin. "That was new. We never talked about that." She agreed. "Okay, you start first,"

By that, he started talking about the first time they met and stuffs like that. When it was Mingi's turn, Gongchan took her phone and played with it. He was concentrating on her but at the same time he wasn't. 

"Hey, are you even listening?" she asked. She didn't care if he was listening or not but she prefers him to not because she admited her words came out to be really cheesy.

He looked up from her phone before answering. "Yeah, of course I am," he smiled. He put back her phone on the table.

"Okay then. I'm done," she stated.

"Good. I have to go to my practice now. See you later, Mingi," he kissed her forehead before bids a goodbye. She nodded.

They waved and he walked away, grinning.

Mingi turned her attention back to the paper works. But like before, she just looked at it. 

"Let's forget about those first and let's play game~" she sung and took her phone. As she slides open her phone, there was a password. She typed down the password but suddenly the 'Wrong password' appeared. She thought, maybe because she accidently typed wrongly. She, again put the password just to get it again. She attempted three times and she then groaned.

"What the actual heck?! I'm sure it's right. What did I do wrong?" she said to herself. Then, she remembered that Gongchan played with her phone just now. 

"No way.."


 

She fretfully went to the football field that was placed behind the school. She looked for Gongchan quietly, making sure no one sees her. Some students walked past her, looking judgingly and she gave them a "what-do-you-want-bish" face. Not a long after, she finally spotted him, running with his wet hair all over his face and shirt full of his sweat. Suprisingly, she admitted he do looked hot during the practice but those fangirls annoyed her especially when they screamed with their high-pitched tone everytime Gongchan looked at them, smirking along with a wink. She rolled her eyes seeing him flirting with those girls. Well, yeah, of course she was jealous, he was her boyfriend after all.

She slowly walked towards the field seats and sat there silently. She eyed him with her eagle eyes. There was time she found him looked at her direction but she just ducked down her head, pretending to read her books.

After a while, the coach blew out the whistle and all the boys on the field roamed around. Some lying tiredly on the grass and some sat down, wiping their sweats ily. Gongchan warily walked towards Mingi, trying to suprised her from behind. He slowly walked and...

"I saw you, Gongchan," she said and looked behind. Gongchan pouted and sat besides her, arms around her shoulder.

"Aw, you came here because you missed me, right? Don't miss me too early," he said playfully and leaned on her shoulder.

She shrugged him off angrily. "No! I came here because I want to talk to you,"

He looked at her, asking why did she get mad all of the sudden.

"You changed my password, right?" she narrowed her eyes.

He chuckled, brushing his nose. "Yes, I did,"

She groaned. "Now, give back my password," she ordered sternly.

"I will if you finish your project, or, you want to do another kind of project with me," he slowly leaned as she pushed his face away.

"Stop playing around and give my password now," 

He looked at her, sighing. "Okay,"

She beamed and quickly took out her phone. "Okay, what's the password?"

"But finish your project first,"

"Ugh, please!" 

"No," this time he was the one being stern. She heaved out a sigh. "I'm doing this so that you can concentrated on your work,"

She gave up. "Fine. But you'll give the password if I finished my work, promise?"

He nodded and grinned. Just then, the coach blew out the whistle again.

"I need to go now. See you later," he leaned closer to gave her a light peck but she jerked her head backwards.

"No kiss until you give me my password," she stucked out her tongue playfully and stood up. Gongchan started to whined. "It's your fault though. Well, bye," she added. Unhesitatingly, she walked away, chuckling.

 


author's note: so hey! another oneshot featuring my first hubby, gongchan hikhok~ requested by meticulous. hope it meets your expectation, or not but i hope you enjoyed it :) anyway, don't forget to subscribe and comment!