oo6

« one-shot collection »

Jinyoung sat helplessly in Mingi's room. There she was, lying on her bed, lifeless. He then stood up and headed to the desk in her room that's full with pictures. He took one of it and stared at it to reminscing the memories. It was during her 23rd birthday where it took place at the cafe with their coworkers and manager.

 

"Get on me," Jinyoung crouched down infront of Mingi. He knew that she was tired after a long day working at the cafe.

She snorted. "You can't even carry a tray of glasses and now you want to piggybacked me? Very funny,"

He stood up, trying to defend himself. "The tray was slippery. That's why I accidently slipped that off my hand,"

"Excuses~" she said, almost sounds like singing.

"Whatever if you don't believe me. Now, do you want me to carry you or not?" he willingly offered.

"No thanks. I'm good," she said and continued walking.

A few minutes later, Jinyoung received a phone call. He stared at the called ID for .5 second before picking up. He asked her to wait for a moment while he answering the call. She nodded and crossed her arms, trying to keep herself from the cold.

Jinyoung came back after about 2 minutes while putting his phone in his pocket.

"Mingi, can we go back to the cafe? I forgot my wallet there," he said.

She frowned. "You can go there by yourself and I can walk home by myself. Easy as that. Besides, I'm having a sore feet now,"

"I can piggyback you there," he said and Mingi groaned.

"Ugh, not that stupid idea again!" she stated as she looked at him, annoyed.

"Please?" he begged her using his puppy eyes. But it's not working on her. Mingi and aegyos don't work well. He tried to convinced her some more. "If you accompany me there, I'm going to do whatever you asks for,"

Well, that caught her attention. She finally gave in as long as he will be her slave. "But I'm heavy and if you ever talked about it, you're dead,"

"I won't," he said before crouching down again. By that, she carefully climbed up on his back.

"Am I heavy?" she asked, feeling slightly worried.

"No. You are as light as feather," he lied. To be honest, she was quite heavy but he didn't want to dissapoint her.

Then, he hurriedly ran as she screamed, asking him to stop. At that moment, they didn't care about any passerby that was looking at them; some shooking their head at how loud the young couple is and some giggling at how cute they look right now.

In a blink of eye, they arrived. He ran quite fast though. The cafe was pitch black so Mingi sure that no one was there as they'd close 30 minutes ago.

"Now you can get down," he said as she slided down from his back.

"Am I heavy?" she asked again. With a panting voice and sweaty forehead, he replied, "Yes, you definitely are,"

She started to nagged, saying he shouldn't have carried her as she hit him on the shoulder.

"I told you you shoul-- oh!" she was suprised when suddenly the lights went on and all of her coworkers and even the manager was there. They started to sing 'Happy birthday' while Mingi was still wide eyed. After they had finish singing, Jinyoung winked at her and headed towards their friends. Before he could go any further, he received a hit on his head by Mingi.

"What was that for?" he looked at her, dumbfounded while rubbing the back of his head.

She narrowed her eyes. "You didn't tell me it's my birthday today!"

"It's your birthday so you should remember yourself," he looked at her in disbelief. The hardworking girl infront of him is actually a forgetful person.

"I was just," she paused. "I'm busy okay," she stated.

"Yeah, right. Our boss gave you a whole day off yesterday," he said.

She shrugged and walked away to her friends. The girls wished her a happy birthday happily. She smiled but something in her smile told Jinyoung that it wasn't sincere. It was, or looked fake. He was unsure but he slide it off his mind.

"Let's take picture, everyone!" one of the workers, Gongchan said.

"Yoora, stand infront because you're short," the cute girl scoffed and the rest chuckled. "Kwangmin, stand behind. Jinyoung, bro, you stand besides the birthday girl," he winked and Jinyoung got the message.

They both looked at each other awkwardly since they'd never took a picture of them together.

"Say cheese~" 

"Cheese!"

"Another one," the camera clicked twice.

"Okay done. Jinyoung, come here for a second," Gongchan said. Jinyoung nonchalantly walked towards him. "Here, take this," he handed him one of the picture. To his suprise, one of the picture contains everyone while the other one have just him and Mingi.

"Wow, thanks," he grinned looking at the picture. Gongchan gave a slight nod and walked away.

"Hey, let me see the picture," Mingi suddenly appeared from behind. Jinyoung quickly hides the picture.

"Nope, this is mine," he stucked out his tongue and Mingi rolled her eyes.

 

"I should have given this to you earlier. I'm an idiot," he looked at the picture that he kept.

"There are many things that I still haven't do with you. I should have do everything earlier so I wouldn't feel guilty. I'm sorry, Mingi," he covered his face that were completely wet with his tears.

"I should have known earlier that you're having that stupid Alzheimer. that disease," he started to cursed unknowingly while sniffing.

Just then, Jinyoung's phone ringing. It was from his mom. He looked at the phone and turned his attention back to Mingi. At this moment, he didn't care about anyone else except Mingi. He wanted her to be by his side, concious and not lying lifelessly on her bed.

"I guess this is the only thing to do so that I can meet you again," he smirked. He bit the inner of his lower lips before standing up and headed towards her bathroom.

He opened the drawer that was placed behind the mirror. He took a black bag and ped it. He took out the penknife and stared at it for a second. He walked out from the bathroom and headed towards her bed. He lied there and placed an arm around her petite waist.

He whispered at her ears although he knew she couldn't even hear a thing but  that, he didn't care."Thank you for always there during my ups and downs, when I was depressed, when I was happy. Thanks for everything. But you should be happy now because I'm meeting you again soon. Wait for me, okay? Okay, Mingi?"

He took out the penknife and slowly cut his wrist. The first cut just gave him a huge pain and he groaned. He let out a big sigh and took another deep cut. That moment he realized, his heart was now beating really slow. He smiled weakly.

His eyelids felt heavy but he didn't feel any regret although there were many people out there who still needs him.

"I'm going to see you soon, Park Mingi,"

By that, he closed his eyes and let out his last breathe.

 


author's note: wait, is this too emotional or what? i feel like crying ;; nah, jkjk. so here's the first one-shot! this one is oo6 because the others had been post before this collection been made. just want to clear that out. feel free to give request :) like i said earlier, i don't bite people too hard. lmao bye xx