Movies

Let Me Have Your Heart ?

"Movie! Movie! Yes!" Yoseob chanted as you three all entered the cinema on a cool Saturday afternoon. Yoseob looked up and pointed at the movie advertisements. "We have to see this, It's all bombs exploding and stuff."

You gave Yoseob an annoyed look. Everytime he walked into the cinema, Yoseob ran towards the most violent movie he could find. Never anything else.

Dongwoon looked at you before answering. "_______, What do you want to see?" He asked cooly.

Yoseob elbowed Dongwoon. "Yah, Dongwoon? Do you really want to see a sappy chick flick?". He ignored him and kept looking at you.

"Dongwoon, let's go see that new sad drama movie. We can leave Yoseob here to whine." You said jokingly, grabbing Dongwoon's arm as you started running towards the ticket booth.

Yoseob looked at you two running with a blank expression. Oh god, he thought to himself. "Yah! Wait for me!" He yelled as he ran to you and Dongwoon.

You turned to the ticket seller. You asked for three tickets to the movie you wanted to see, after you guys paid you walked off looking for the area it was being played in.

"There's the place your stupid movie is playing." Yoseob said pointing towards the right. He walked in, without looking at you two. You walked in behind him with Dongwoon behind you. You all sat in the middle of the theatre. Just where Yoseob likes it, the middle.

Yoseob yawned. "Wake me up when it's over." He said as he started to close his eyes. Dongwoon gave him a weird look.

The movie played and as it got to the end there were many sad things started happening. You began to tear up a little.

Yoseob opened one eye. "Don't tell me your crying?". He gave you the most puzzled expression. "This stuff is fake, you know."

You turned to him swiftly. "I'm just getting a little emotional. It's just so sad." You defended yourself.

"Aish... This is the type of stuff your supposed to do with Soo-ji..." He stopped half way through saying her name. He looked at you.

You stared back at him with sad expression. Dongwoon turned to him to.

"I'm sorry, I forgot for a second..." He said looking apologetic.

You looked at him expressionlessly and turned away. "It's fine. I should be over that stuff." You replied still looking at the movie screen as you put your hand through your hair.  

Yoseob smiled awkwardly. And the rest of the movie was painfully silent.

All three of you walked out of the cinema together.

"You guys want to do anything?" Dongwoon offered.

"Uh.. I'm just gonna go home." You told him, you started to walk off. "See you guys at school."

"Yoseob, look you hurt her feelings..." You heard Dongwoon start to say to him as you walked off.

You blocked them out of your thoughts and made your way home quickly. As you were about to reach the door you felt the same chill you always did. You turned the knob and walked in slowly.

"Appa?" You asked the same way you always did. But this time you heard a grunt. It came from the living room, you followed the noise and saw you dad sitting on the couch in the dark, drinking alcohol and watching old movies. You looked at him, disgusted.

He peeked at you and his eyes turned wide. He got up from his seat."Chaerin? Is that you?".

You looked at him in surprise, he had just called you by your mother's name. "No, Appa it's me, ________" You replied.

He sat back down disatisfied looking. He began to drink again. "Appa, stop it." You said to him. "Stop drinking all the time."

He ignored you and continued. You made you way up to him and grabbed his drink away from him. "Your slowly killing yourself!".

A mean expression grew on his face as he looked at you. "Give it back to your dad, now."

You shook your head about to cry. He got up and took the drink forcefully. Without noticing what he had done, he had accidently threw you on the floor, while trying to take the drink off you. You fell on your side, causing a bruise on your cheek.

He look down at you. "Serves you right." He just said.

Reality showed that not even your own dad cared at this point. And at that moment nothing seemed better than dieing.