Dear Daddy

Let Me Have Your Heart ?

You felt a cold rush on your back as you climbed the stairs up to your home. Your home was small, and looked unwelcoming. But you were used to it. It was like that ever since your mom had passed. Your dad just stopped caring, he was barely even at home any more. You sighed lightly, as you opened your door slowly.

"Appa!" You called out. Like always, there was no answer. Who knew if he even would come home tonight. You kicked your shoes off, and took off your uniform blazer. You walked slowly towards the kitchen and grabbed a drink. What time will Appa come home today? You thought. It teared you up to think about what he was doing to himself and you. You finally decided to leave for a while. Anything was better than spending time in an empty home.

You put your blazer and shoes back on and walked quickly down the road to a near by park. The park you visited by yourself ever since your mother passed. You walked up to that same tree you past by with her many times, and you sat there and cried. You cried for everything happening. Your Dad. Hyunseung. Soojin. Life. Why couldn't anything go right?

Suddenly you felt a tap on your shoulder. You looked up to see a cute little kid look down at you with his wide eyes. "Noona, Hyung says stop crying please." You looked at the kid surprisingly. Who was his Hyung? You looked around for a possible answer. "Hyung is on the other side of the tree." He pointed out.

You turned around to find no one. What the...? "This way." A voice said. You turned your face and notice him.

"Kikwang?" you asked surprisingly. He was dressed casually. "W-What are you doing here?".

"More important question is... why are you crying?" He asked, sitting down next to me. The little kid was in his lap.

"No reason." you replied quietly. You tried wiping the tears off with your shirt cuffs. "I'm fine."

He took both your hands off your face and wiped your tears with a hankerchief. It was a soft pink colour. It smelt just like him. He leaned his head closer to your ear and whispered "You don't deserve to cry."

You smiled up at him. "Thank y-you."

"Come with me and my little cousin. We were just about to get some ice cream." He said cheerfully jumping on his feet. He held out his hand to you.

You shook your head. "I don't want to ruin your nice day with your cousin." You put your head back into your chest.

"You keep walking ahead, okay? I'll catch up with you." You heard him say to his cousin. You felt someone pulling you up. Kikwang was putting you onto his back. "If you won't come. I'll make you come."

"Yah, Lee Kikwang, put me down." You whispered to him. You were hanging on around his neck.

"No." He replied smiling. He kept walking ahead as he ignored all your requests to be put down.

"Yah, Chae Joo. Don't walk to ahead of me and noona, okay?" He said to his little cousin. You watched as his little cousin obeyed and stayed close to him.

You all approched the ice cream parlour. Chae Joo ran up to the vendor and said "Chocolate, please."

"Hi." Kikwang said as he smiled at the vendor. Even the vendor seemed charmed by him. "Two chocolates, and...?"

"Vanilla." you said to the vendor. "Now can you please put me down?" you said to Kikwang.

"Haha, okay. Just promise not to run off." He said back. I dont want you to cry again, He thought. He bent down and put you back on the floor.

"I promise." you looked at him assuringly. You all took the ice cream while Kikwang paid. You walked off down the street together.

"Will I ever find out the answer?" He asked as looked at you. You looked puzzled. "What answer?".

"Why you were crying alone by the tree back there?". He asked again looking concerned. "Perhaps it was... Hyunseung?".

"Not only Hyunseung." You replied to his question. You kept your eyes glued on the floor.

Kikwang stopped and looked at you. He raised your chin up towards himself. "Smile. You look cute when you do."  

As he said this, your heart felt like it was warming up. It had been cold for so long, you didn't even quite remember how it was like to be truly happy. You smiled at Kikwang.

"Right There." he said to pointing at your face. "Thats adorable."

You couldn't help but smile again as he said this. You decided to change the subject.

"So... Lee Kikwang, what's with the sudden change?" you asked him. "What happened to that cute nerd with the goofy glasses?"

"He grew up." Kikwang said simply.

"...Or he just got a pair of contacts, and a new hair stylist." You joked with him.

"Yeah, or that." He said laughingly. You noticed him holding on to his little cousin, it looked so cute."Let's get you back home, now." He said looking at you.

You flinched at the word home. It wasn't a home. It was a prison. You didn't feel welcome you felt trapped and suffocated.

"Uh..Okay. It's this way." You pointed down another road. Kikwang turned and walk towards the direction you pointed at. You walked in silence until you had reached your home.

"Its here." You pointed. "Thank you for today, It means so much." You thanked him.

"As long as your smiling." He winked and walked away with his little cosin close in hand. He turned back and said "See you tomorrow!".

You waved and smiled back.

Today would have been terrible if it weren't for Kikwang...