Closer

❄ Miracles in December ❄

(Jonghyun)

She was gorgeous. Like an angel. My friends and I would soon be meeting up with each other... I groaned as I remembered what I had said.

I was drunk, and bluffed: "My girlfriend is the most gorgeous girl on earth and she sings like an angel. Looking at her will make you all frickin jealous and fall to your knees."

Why did I say something so stupid? Tomorrow, I would need to either find a girlfriend who matched her definition or ask someone to act as my girlfriend.

Jessica.

The girl I had met tonight.

I could ask her! I called her and she picked up almost immediately, saying, "Hello?" in her high pitched voice.

"Hi Jessica, this is Jonghyun! I just need to ask you a big favor... I was drunk and I made an idiotic bluff to my friends that I had a gorgeous, amazing, talented girlfriend... Can you sing well?"

"Oh my god. Singing is my passion," she replied eagerly.

"Really? Same for me. Well, would you be willing to help me? And pretend to be my girlfriend?" I asked.

"Um..."

I shouldn't have asked her. My face was red with embarrassment as I clutched my phone, hoping for a yes.

"I'd love to," she replied. I breathed a sigh of relief and said, "Thank you! Thanks so much! We're meeting in the cafe where we were today, at 8:00 pm," I told her. "Can't wait to see you!"

 

(Jessica)

Pretending to be his girlfriend. Second best to being his actual girlfriend. As I squealed in glee, a clump of snow hit me in the face. I looked up, and snow was falling heavier and heavier. But in a happy way.

I needed to control myself to keep the weather In control.

"Sica!" a deep voice called out. Kris. 

"Hey Wu," I greeted. "What have you been doing?"

"Taking pictures of the things around me. The earth is so beautiful..." He said. I nodded, looking around me. The earth was a beautiful place, seeing it in person was always a blissful experience.

"But Sica... Dont you wanna go to other parts of earth? The US? Canada?" Kris asked me.

"I..." I thought about it. I wanted to go desperately... The United States was such a fun place, and Canada had such polite and welcoming citizens... But I wanted to stay in Korea. I wanted to just stay here and become closer and closer to Jonghyun... What would I do?