Crossing Paths

❄ Miracles in December ❄

(Jessica)

The day was here. Almost.

It was 11:59 PM and November 30. It would soon be December. I would soon be able to see the world again.

As I waved my hands to change from my light blue dress into pair of denim jeans and a warm coat, scarf and beanie, seconds became closer and closer to December. I was ready. When it hit 12:00 AM, I immediately transported myself to the outside world in Seoul, and it felt wonderful. I saw people around me. Just people. And stars. I saw stars. I saw the moon and I saw snow and I saw the world after being trapped in my ice castle for a year. December was the only month I could go into the world.

I was the Ice Princess. I had what humans called "super powers" and I was known as a powerful, commanding woman, but I felt like an alone, misunderstood child. I was 21 years old, a young adult. I was supposed to be having fun with friends and experiencing love, but I had none of that.

This December, I wanted to make a friend.

If I was lucky, maybe a boyfriend. But that was only in my wildest dreams. Who would love an Ice Princess?

Then, I saw a tall figure appear next to me. Who would love an Ice Princess, I asked? An Ice Prince.

Kris shook himself off from the feeling of the transportation and looked at me with kind eyes. He might have seemed cold, but he was a very sweet person once you got to know him.

Because he was one of the only people I saw the majority of the whole year, I definitely got to know him.

No matter how nice he was, I needed a break from him. I ran off into the city, then went Into a cafe. I ordered a Peppermint Mocha, my favorite. 

I waited a while until the worker called, "Peppermint Mocha!"

I stood up to get my drink and placed my hand on the drink when I saw another hand on the drink. A masculine hand.

I looked up and saw... Perfection? He wasn't as tall as Kris and he wasn't as tough looking as Kris, but something about him made my heart leap. I had never felt that before. His soft hair was swept to the side and he somehow reminded me of a dinosaur. But a handsome dinosaur.

"I apologize, I thought this mocha was mine. It must be my mistake," he apologized.

"No, it's fine," I replied.

He smiled. Oh god, he smiled. It was gorgeous.

"Would you like to have your coffee with me?" he offered. I almost screamed yes, but nodded politely. I realized that the snow was getting softer but heavier.

Weird enough, the weather, especially during winter, was controlled by my emotions, so I was kept in to keep the weather from getting abnormal. But in December, it was an exact rule that I was to be let out in December. And I loved that rule.

"What's your name?" he asked me.

"Jessica," I replied. 

"Jessica... That's a sweet name. I'm Jonghyun," he said. Jonghyun... Charming. It was nice for someone to call me Jessica rather than 'Princess'. 

"One second," Jonghyun said, checking his cell phone. Shoot... I had forgotten to buy one. I willed myself to bring up a cell phone in the purse I was wearing, and suddenly, it appeared. I took it out and examined it,nodding in satisfaction. 

"I'll need to go, but would you be willing to exchange numbers with me?" Jonghyun asked. I nodded and as we exchanged numbers, a spark of hope lit up in me. Jonghyun could be my friend. And even more so, maybe, just maybe he could be my boyfriend. Maybe.