Caught

❄ Miracles in December ❄

(Jonghyun)

By the look in my friends' faces, I could tell that Jessica was just the right person to bring. And she looked absolutely gorgeous. We ordered food and talked a bit, laughing at jokes, smiling at certain comments, until we decided to go to a night club.

"We can take my car," Minho said, and I nodded, his car was nice and roomy so we could all fit. Minho drove while Yuri sat shotgun, Taemin and I sat in the middle seats and Krystal and Jessica took the back.

 

(Jessica)

"So, Krystal," I said, trying to become closer. "What's your family like?"

I wanted to know more about how my birth parents were doing. And how she was doing.

"Please don't bring up Krystal's family in conversations," Taemin piped up. He said it so suddenly, I was surprised.

"No, Taeminnie its fine," Krystal said. "It's a touchy subject but if you're close to Jonghyun oppa, then I assume you're a good person. I was born in America. My sister... She just disappeared when I was around 4. I don't even remember what she really looked like... My parents spent all of their time looking for her but couldn't find a single trace. So, I became forgotten and they gave no attention to me. They made me fly to Korea and stay with some babysitter or something but then I met Taemin's family..."

I turned away to wipe the tears coming from my eyes. It was a good thing I was wearing waterproof makeup because my face would have been a mess if I hadn't.

The reason Krystal was abandoned and forgotten was because of me? And my parents... My foolish, but loving parents who looked uselessly for me and forgot Krystal... 

I in my emotions and turned back around to Krystal. "Continue, sorry. I... I had something in my eye."

"Well Taemin's family was kind enough to take me in and I loved him so much... I consider Taemin's family my real family. My birth parents and sister? They couldn't care less about me, so I'll choose not to care about them either." Krystal finished. 

I almost bawled on the spot. Instead, I bit my lip, turned away once again and stayed quiet.

She thought I didn't care about her. She didn't consider me family.

I really didn't blame her. Who wouldn't be upset if they were left alone like that?

"We're here," Yuri said, breaking the awkward silence. We got out of the car and entered the club, seeing flashy lights and people dancing and having fun. 

The 6 of us sat down at a table and ordered some drinks, looking around and occasionally singing along to the song.

"I'm going to use the restroom," I said, getting up and walking to the restroom. I fixed up my makeup a bit, taking a deep breath. I would try to forget everything Krystal said and have fun. Just for tonight. While I was walking out, I saw... Kris?

"Wu, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Jessica... Jessica... You look y," he said, his steps slightly off and his words slurred. I ignored the fact that he called me y and examined him more carefully.

"Oh god, Kris are you drunk! You KNOW we're not supposed to drink a lot! Kris! Kris! What do we do if the Counseler finds out? Kris..." I said, worried. "Kris, come on."

"Sica..." he said, coming closer and closer. His arms came around my waist and I was as close to him as Inever was in my entire time of being with him. 

"Wu! Kris Wu! Get in your right mind already!" I nagged, trying to pull his tall body away from mine. But he on,y came closer and closer until his lips were on mine. I tried fighting it, but found myself... Giving up?

The kiss just felt good... But not right. After a while, I managed to push Kris away from me and instead, saw Jonghyun staring at me with wide eyes.

"No, Jonghyun! I... It's not what you think! I'm not dating anyone..." I said.

"No, Jessica, its fine. I don't mind. I really don't. Our relationship was just pretend... Right?" Jonghyun said with a weak smile. "We don't need to be close in real life."

"Yes, we do!" I insisted. "Jonghyun, please, he's drunk!" I said, motioning to Kris.

"But I saw the way you kissed him. And it's fine, Jessica. It doesn't matter. It's not like we're girlfriend and boyfriend..."