Disappointment and Acceptance

The LEE Family

School started on the week after the wedding. Hongki and Jonghyun are both on their third year in college while Jaejin's in his second year. The twins are both Music students. Jonghyun majors in Guitar and minors in Digital Music Arts. Hongki on the other hand  majors in Voice and minors in Performing Arts. Jaejin's a complete different story. He's majoring in Public Administration and minors in Music Composition. He said he will become a future public official and a musician on the sidelines earning smirks from his older brothers.

As school starts, Jonghyun always kept an eye on the girl that gave up on him. Much to his disappointment and pain, whenever he and Yoona crosses path, the girl will just ignore him as if he didn't exist at all. There was also a time when he and Hongki met her. She smiled at his brother and even greeted him but she completely ignored him. It was a good thing Hongki was there or he would've made a scene. "Just let her go for now. It's not the right time and place to confront her." His brother told him.

Usually it's Hongki who is the moody one in the family but lately, IU and Jaejin noticed that the other twin who's usually cold is now the moody one and Hongki became the more responsible one as if the two had switched souls. There was also a time when Jonghyun got himself into a fight and it happened on the first week of classes. Shinhye and Hongki ran to stop him but it was too late. All his opponents were already on the floor unconscious.

That night, when the two younger siblings realized that Jonghyun again locked himself in his room they hurriedly went to Hongki's room. Jaejin sat on the floor while IU sat on the bed. Hongki who was making his assignments put down his pen and paper and faced his brother and sister. He knew why they were there and it's about time he ask them to help.

"Oppa, what's going on with Jongie Oppa?" IU asked Hongki.

"Hyung no offense, usually it's you who gets into trouble and not him. It's a good thing Jang hyung is not here or else he'd be beaten to a pulp." Jaejin said.

"Jinnie-ya, how's Yoona lately? Have you guys talked lately?" Hongki out of the blue asked.

"Does this have anything to do with noona?" Jaejin was always sharp and Hongki just stared at him without saying a word so he decided to just answer the question. "I'm not really sure since I haven't seen her lately."

"Oppa just please tell us what's happening." IU insisted.

Hongki told the two about the incident on the wedding day. How Yoona finally gave up on Jonghyun and how the boy cried after. IU took pity on his brother but Jaejin said, "Well it's about time noona gave him up. Not that I'm hating my own brother but he's been mean to her. I can't blame noona if she wants to stop."

"I completely understand your sentiments but something was wrong. I saw Yoona when she was talking to Jonghyun. She was a complete mess. Hair all over the place and her dress was dirty." Hongki said recalling the incident.

"Maybe she fell?" IU asked.

Hongki was thoughtful, "Maybe, but the expression on her face tells something else. There was longing and pain. She wasn't mad at him, but it was as if she was forcing herself to say those things. The problem is Jonghyun can't remember anything else except for her words. He didn't even paid attention to her actions, all he cares about was her words."

"Are you saying that she's being bullied again?" Jaejin asked.

"I'm not sure but I'm sure that what happened to her before she talked to Jongie made her decide to stop pursuing him. I just hope that it's not that serious." Hongki said.

"Why don't you tell that to Jong oppa?" IU asked Hongki.

"I tried Jieun but whenever I tried to talk to him, he'd just brush me off or he would leave me behind. So I want to know what happened to Yoona first before I try to talk to him again." Hongki told the two.

"Why don't you ask Shinhye unnie to help? They always see each other since they're taking the same course." IU suggested.

"I already did that. They've talked but Yoona made Shinhye swore to secrecy and you know Shinhye when she gives her word. She told me nothing, not even a hint. Useless friend." Hongki said.

"Don't worry hyung, I'll try and talk to her. I'll talk to Seohyun too, maybe she knows something." Jaejin said.

Without them knowing, Jonghyun was just outside Hongki's door listening to every word they were saying. He silently walked back to his room and again locked the door. As he lie down in his bed, Hongki's words kept on repeating in his head. "She was a complete mess. Hair all over the place and her dress was dirty... the expression on her face tells something else. There was longing and pain. She wasn't mad at him, but it was as if she was forcing herself to say those things."

He was so stupid to not noticed that? Maybe something did happen to her, something bad.

He knew what he had to do.

 

The next day, Hongki, Jaejin and IU were surprised to see Jonghyun up and about. Breakfast was already cooked, he was already dressed for school and he's smiling. It seems that the old Jonghyun's back. The three looked at each other, shrugged their shoulders and sat down to eat.

"What happened?" Hongki asked his twin brother as they were eating their breakfast.

"Let's just say I heard everything you guys were talking about last night." He said and his three siblings gasp simultaneously.

"Oppa, we didn't mean to talk about you behind your back. We were all just concern about you." IU told his brother as she reached out and touch his hand. Jonghyun gripped IU's hand and smiled. "I know Jieun, don't worry I'm not mad but you guys need to help me. I need to talk to Yoona, I need to go to the bottom of this. Please help me." Pleaded Jonghyun.

"On one condition hyung." Jaejin said. "Promise me first that you will treat her right this time."

Jonghyun looked at his brother, he smiled knowing his brother was concerned with his bestfriend. "I promise Jaejin, I will treat her right. I will treat her like a princess if she'd let me." He assured his brother.

"I guess we need to call the gang to get more help." Hongki said.

 

"Yoona! Im Yoona!" Shinhye called out to her friend.

Yoona turned around and saw Shinhye calling out to her. "Hi Shinhye. Need something?"

"Actually yes, I need your help. You had Professor Choi last semester right?" Shinhye asked.

"Yes. Don't tell me you have him this semester." Yoona said and Shinhye foolishly smiled at her friend.

"Yah Shinhye, I warned you not to take that Prof. He'll drive you crazy. I barely survived last semester." Yoona said with much disappointment in her voice.

"I know that but I really need to take this subject this year and he's the only prof that offered that subject. Please help me? Pretty please?" Shinhye said voice full of aegyo.

"Fine I'll help you. Where do you want to meet?" Yoona asked.

"Can you come to my house after school?" Shinhye said.

Yoona became hesitant. "I don't know Shinhye. Your house is too close to the Lee's. I don't want to see him just yet."

"Girl, why don't you just come clean and tell him what happened?" Shinhye said full of concern.

"Why would I do that? He's not my boyfriend. He just won't care." Yoona said smiling but Shinhye knew it was fake.

"You don't know that Yoona." Shinhye said.

"Oh I do. I've spent so many years chasing him and he just ignored me. If I tell him what happened, it would just make him hate me more or he'll ignore it, either way it will be painful. I don't want to get hurt anymore."

Shinhye hugged her friend and comforted her.

Shinhye found Hongki outside her classroom waiting for her. "What do you want Hongki?" She asked.

"I need your help."

"What for?"

"Jonghyun wants to talk to Yoona."

"Is that so?"

"Yes. He's asking if you can help set-up a meeting with Yoona."

"Why would I do that? Jongie's mean to her and she doesn't need that right now."

Hongki then looked at his friend. "What happened to her that day?"

Shinhye stared back at him, "Whatever you're talking about Hongki?"

"Don't play dumb and don't even think you can lie to me Park Shinhye. We grew up together and I know you to the last fiber of your being." Hongki told her.

"Fine. Something did happen but it's not my right to talk about it. There happy?" She said.

"I know Jongie's been mean to her. But I promise you this time it will be different. He finally accepted the fact that he likes her back. He even assured Jaejin that he will treat Yoona like a princess if she takes him back." Hongki said.

Shinhye contemplated on Hongki's words. "Fine, I'll help him. But Lee Hongki if you're stupid brother make Yoona cry again, you boys be ready to face my wrath. Tell your brother to go to my house this afternoon right after class."

 

Shinhye waited for Yoona outside her last class for the day.

"You didn't have to wait for me Shinhye. I promised you that I will go to your house and I am keeping my promise." Yoona told her friend.

"Whatever you're talking about. My class just finished too and I decided to go home with you. Shall we go?" Shinhye asked. Yoona nods and the two began their journey to Shinhye's house. Shinhye then took out her phone and sent out the message to Hongki saying they're on their way.

 

Hongki and Jonghyun who both finished class an hour earlier than Shinhye and Yoona rushed back to their home to change. Jonghyun was pacing back and forth waiting for Hongki at the living room. "Hongkiya! Can you please be faster?" He shouted. "I'm coming!" Hongki shouted back.

Soon Hongki joined Jonghyun in the living room. He smiled at his brother's anxious face. "Yah stop pacing, we're still early. Shinhye told me that they just finished class and now on their way back. Come on let's go."

Shinhye's house was just a block away from theirs. When they got there, her mom let them in and made them wait in the living room. Minutes later, they heard two girls giggling outside the door. Jonghyun began to sweat profusely and Hongki threw him his handkerchief. Jonghyun picked up the hanky and gave his twin brother a thankful smile.

As soon as the door opened, Yoona saw the Lee twins inside Shinhye's house. She then looked at Shinhye betrayed. She began shaking her head, "I trusted you Shinhye. Why are you doing this to me?" Yoona suddenly ran out of the house as fast as she can. Shinhye and Hongki called out to her. Yoona ignored them and just continued running but she was forced to stop by Jonghyun when he finally caught up with her.

"Please stop running." Jonghyun said panting. She too was panting hard. As soon as he let go of her arm she began to run again. Jonghyun cursed when he saw her run again and soon he was running after her again.

Jonghyun stopped her for the second time. He realized they were on the playground. This time Yoona struggled hard to free herself from him but to no avail, he was just too strong for her. She began to panic and began to hit him. He was surprised with her reaction but still he didn't let go. She became hysterical. Jonghyun don't know what to do with her. It was a good thing they were alone that time for Yoona's getting crazier by the minute.

"Let go of me!" She kept on shouting at him. She hits him hard but still he's not letting go. "Oh God please don't let it happen again." She prayed silently then everything went black.

 

***************************

A/N: I'm so happy that this story is almost reaching it's 1000 views. Thank you all who subscribed and commented. You're the reason this story is alive and kicking.

Sorry about the cliffhanger. I usually limit my chapters to 2000 words so that it won't be too draggy and not too short. Hope you will like this chapter. Please leave your comments to help me make this story better.