A New Friend

The LEE Family

A very pregnant Eunjung came running down the stairs. Hongki immediately ran towards her and give her some assistance. “Noona, can you please be extra careful. We all know that the baby is coming anytime now so please, please don’t cause our hearts to beat too much with your sudden actions.” Hongki explained as he guide Eunjung towards the living where everyone except for Jangwoo who was at work were sitting and watching TV.

Eunjung just ignored Hongki and said outloud. “Yah Jaejin, has Inkigayo started?”

“It’s about to start noona, why the sudden interest?” Jaejin asked as he stood up from his seat to make way for Eunjung.

“I want you to record today’s Inkigayo.” Eunjung ordered.

“Why is that unnie? I didn’t know that you’re a big fan of idols.” IU exclaimed.

“Well, I’m not. It’s just that my friends are performing today there and I want to record it.” Eunjung said excitedly.

“Friends? I didn’t know that you have idol friends noona.” Jonghyun said obviously very interested.

“I didn’t. At least before I didn’t. They’ll be debuting today. I’m so happy for my friends. Four of them are my roommates in college why the two of them are my dormmates. Two of them are very close to me.” Eunjung exclaimed and the siblings can see how happy she is for her friends.

“Noona, it’s starting!” Jaejin called out.

Soon everyone was watching the show. Since all of them are musically gifted, they would give out comments and criticism to each group. Finally the moment they were waiting for came. “Jaejin, that’s them. Hurry, record this segment.” Eunjung exclaimed.

Six girls came to view. The setting was as if it was snowing. The song started with a violin and piano introEveryone was silently watching until the fourth girl sang. Hongki immediately stood up and pointed at the monitor. Everyone looked at his very weird behaviour. Jonghyun and Jaejin then looked at to what he was pointing at and their eyes rounded. “Oh, oh, I know what you mean.” Jonghyun said.

“She’s the girl from the bar!” Jaejin said out loud.

Eunjung looked at the monitor and saw who they were talking about. “You guys know Minkyung?”

Jonghyun looked at her and again at the TV. “Not personally but we saw her in Japan.”

“Japan? You saw her in Japan?” Eunjung was completely confused.

“Yes noona. We saw her in the bar.” Jaejin explained.

“Bar? She works in a bar in Japan? What was she doing then?” Eunjung was starting to panic and Hongki noticed it. He then went beside Eunjung and tried to calm her down.

“Yes noona, we saw her in a bar in Japan, she was a singer. Don’t worry the bar was very decent.” Hongki said hoping the information will calm her down.

Eunjung looked at him for assurance and he nodded at her. She looked at Jonghyun at Jaejin and the two smiled at her quite alarmed with her sudden panic. IU then ran to her and sat by her feet and held her hand. “Unnie, you need to relax. It’s bad for the baby.” She reminded Eunjung.

Eunjung then took a deep breath and when she calmed down, she said, “Tell me everything.”

“It was the day we saw the news that Shinhye was with Wonbin.” Jonghyun started and looked at Hongki who looked down on the floor at the mention of Shinhye’s name.

“Yonghwa hyung suggested we go to this Korean bar that Wooyoung hyung recommended so that we could relax from our very busy routine. Then as we were eating…”

“This girl sang.” Hongki said interrupting Jonghyun. Everyone then looked at him. He has this weird look as if he’s reliving the same day all over again. “Her voice was pretty decent, not as powerful as I usually prefer but the way she sang the song was magical. It pierces through the heart.”

“Everyone gave her a standing ovation except for Hongki hyung who can’t keep her eyes away from her.” Jaejin then said.

Eunjung then smiled. “Really? Everyone?” She asked. And the boys nodded.

“Who is she unnie?” IU then asked.

“She’s Kang Minkyung. She and I got so close when I was in college. She was just in high school then but she’s living in the same dorm. When I first met her she was very lonely because her parents just died. She was a loner and I pitied her. Then we became closer. She became like a sister to me. She’s the same age as the twins then someone scouted her. She said she’ll give it a try and she got accepted and since then we grew apart. But three days ago she called me and said she’s finally debuting and she wants me to see.” She explained. “And now she’s coming here today. She’ll be staying with us for a week. She said, she’s going to take care of me until I give birth.”

“But won’t she be very busy unnie? They just debuted.” IU asked.

“I told her that but she said she wants to spend time with me. Jangwoo offered for her to stay here so that every free time she has will be spent with me. I’m sorry I didn’t inform you guys of this.” Eunjung said.

“No problem with me. I would always welcome another female in this male infested house.” IU said.

“Jonghyun, Jaejin, don’t you think it would cause problem with your girlfriends?” Eunjung asked the two.

“No problem with Yoona. She trusts me.” Jonghyun said.

“Same here.” Jaejin said.

“I’m single so no girlfriend will get mad.” Hongki said smiling wickedly.

“Yah! Lee Hongki! I’m warning you. Hands off Minkyung. She’s off limits. As much as I love you, I won’t tolerate any indecent intentions with my sister.” Eunjung warned. Much to Hongki’s dismay even his siblings were agreeing with Eunjung.

“Fine! Warning noted. She’s off limits.” Hongki said.

“Well nice to hear that. I’ll take your word for it. As for now, I’m going back to bed. Jaejin can you send me a copy of the video later?” Eunjung asked.

“Sure noona. No problem.” Jaejin said.

Eunjung then stood up slowly and walked away from the group when she suddenly stopped, turn around and went back to her siblings. “Ah guys.”

“Yes noona?” All the boys said altogether not  taking their eyes off the TV.

“My water just broke.”

Silence.

Chaos.

Everyone was on their feet. IU immediately ran to her and asked if she’s feeling okay. Jaejin ran upstairs and took Eunjung’s bag that was prepared beforehand. Jonghyun ran to his room to get the car keys. Hongki dialled his brother’s number to inform him that they are going to the hospital with Eunjung and soon everyone was inside the car and on their way to the hospital.

 

When they arrived at the hospital, Jangwoo was already waiting for them at the Emergency Room door. As soon as he saw the car coming through the gates, he looked around and got a wheelchair. Eunjung sat on the wheelchair and Jangwoo carefully pushed it. His brothers and sister where all walking behind him.

Soon the twins, Jaejin and IU were told to wait in the waiting room while Jangwoo was told to change into a lab gown.

Minutes later, Yoona, Suzy, Seohyun, Yonghwa and Minhwan came to the hospital. Eunjung’s parents were away on a business trip but they were already informed and were now on board on a plane going back to Korea.

An hour later, a very pretty girl walked towards them, “Excuse me, are you guys with Eunjung unnie?” she said.

Yonghwa and Minhwan both stood up and pointed at her. The girls were very confused but the Lee siblings just smiled. Hongki then came forward and said, “Yes we are Kang Minkyung-ssi. Noona, told us of your arrival and we’re sorry she can’t come to you right now. But you are welcome to stay with us.”

Minkyung smiled at him. Yonghwa and Minhwan pulled Hongki away from the group. “She’s the girl from the bar right?” Yonghwa asked and Hongki nodded.

“What is she doing here?” Minhwan asked.

“She’s noona’s dongsaeng and she’s staying with us for now.”

“Hyung she’s prettier up close.” Minhwan said.

“IU, Minhwan said…” Hongki shouted but Minhwan automatically covered his mouth.

“What did Minhwan said?” IU asked.

“I said I you’re very pretty tonight.” Minhwan answered but just then Hongki elbowed him.

“Excuse me, but are you from that new girl group that just debuted today in Inkigayo?” Suzy asked.

The girl smiled shyly and nodded. “I’m Kang Minkyung. Eunjung noona and I are just like sisters.”

“I’m Suzy, this is Yoona noona, IU, Seohyun, Hongki, Minhwan, Jaejin, Yonghwa and Jonghyun oppa.” Suzy said introducing everyone.

“I know who you are.” Minkyung said looking at the Lee siblings. “Unnie told me a lot about you guys.”

“What did she say about us?” Hongki asked.

“She said, I will really love IU,” she said smiling at IU who smiled back at her, “that Jaejin is the smartest,” Jaejin then smiled at her but Suzy suddenly felt possessive and hooked her arms with Jaejins, “and that you have a very beautiful girlfriend.” Minkyung added.

She then looked at Jonghyun, “That the twins are just the same age as me, that Jonghyun’s the responsible one, who is also taken and…” she then looked at Hongki and smiled sweetly who smiled back at her, “that I should be careful around you ‘coz you’re a player but unnie also told me her weird fixation with you lately.”

Hongki scowled and everyone laughed and began teasing her. Somehow Minkyung felt comfortable with everyone. Everybody else tried their best to include her in their conversation but soon the couples paired up and she was left with Hongki, Minhwan and IU.

“Don’t mind them noona ‘coz we don’t. They are always like that. Later that couple,” Minhwan pointed to Yonghwa and Seohyun, “would start to argue. Yonghwa hyung is very childish while Seohyun unnie is the serious type. Jonghyun and Yoona will cuddle up soon and they’re doing it right now. Jaejin and Suzy will go to their own world talking about anything.” Minhwan informed Minkyung.

Just then IU said, “Minhwan are you done with your assignments?”

“We have assignments?”

“Yes we do and I haven’t made mine.” IU said.

Hongki then shook his head. “You two go home and do your assignments.” He then called out to Suzy and Jaejin. “Yah Jaejin, Suzy, you guys should go home with IU and Minhwan. I don’t trust Minhwan to be alone with IU and they have assignments to finish.”

“Oh shoot, I forgot about that.” Suzy said panicking a little.

“Okay hyung. I’ll leave with these kids. Just give us a call as soon as noona comes out of the delivery room.” Jaejin told Hongki. “Minkyung noona, would you like to come with us? I know you badly need to rest. You have schedules tomorrow right?”

“I’ll be fine. I want to see unnie and the baby. Tomorrow’s a day off.” Minkyung said.

“Then we’ll be leaving.” IU said giving everyone a hug.

“We’ll leave with you guys.” Seohyun told them.

“Seohyun needs her sleep.” Yonghwa informed Hongki and soon only four people were left.

“Yoona, don’t you need to go home too?” Hongki asked.

“Nope. Tomorrow’s a school holiday remember? I want to spend more time with my Jonghyun here.” Yoona said kissing Jonghyun’s cheeks.

“Please no PDA in front of me. Do you really enjoy torturing me?” Hongki asked.

“Yes.” Jonghyun and Yoona said at the same time.

“I’m hungry. Do you want anything to eat guys?” Jonghyun asked.

“It’s about time you ask.” Hongki said. “Can you guys order a pizza? I’m famished.”

Jonghyun then smiled. “I have a better idea.” He told Yoona. “Let’s not call a delivery service. Let’s just go buy one.”

Yoona smiled back. Hongki knew the two wanted to spend time alone. “Just go and take your time.”

Jonghyun then smiled at his brother. “Then we’re going.” He then pulled Yoona’s hand and the two went out leaving Minkyung and Hongki.

Hongki then turned to Minkyung and asked, “Do you want to take a walk too? We’ve been waiting here a long time now and my legs will die from sitting.”

“Are you sure it’s okay? What if the baby came?” Minkyung asked.

“Hyung will definitely call us. To make sure let’s go to their room and we’ll tell them to call us.” Hongki offered.

He and Minkyung then went to Eunjung’s room. By the time they were by the door they heard Eunjung cried out in pain and began cursing Jangwoo. Hongki and Minkyung peeked inside and after a minute, Eunjung seemed to calm down. Hongki then knocked and Eunjung beamed as soon as she saw Minkyung.

“Minkyung-a! I missed you.” Eunjung cried and held out her hand to her friend.

“Unnie how are you? Are you okay? We just heard you cried out in pain.” Minkyung asked worry obvious in her face.

“Don’t worry. I’m okay. It’s just contractions. They’re very painful.” Eunjung said.

“So noona, do you have any idea what time the baby will come?” Hongki asked.

“They said I’m about 5 cm now. 5 more cm to go. But since my water broke, if in an hour the opening didn’t progress, I might go caesarian section.” Eunjung said.

Hongki was pondering. “Then is it okay if Minkyung and I take a walk outside the hospital. I’m bored of waiting.” Hongki said.

Eunjung looked at her husband and Jangwoo smiled at her. “Sure, go. I’ll text you as soon as she’s 9 cm.” Jangwoo said.

“Really? That’s good. They we’ll be going then.” Hongki said. He then turned to Minkyung, “Shall we?” He asked.

Minkyung nodded and kissed Eunjung. “We’ll be right back unnie. Fighting!” Minkyung encouraged.

“Thanks.” Eunjung told Minkyung. “By the way Hongkiya, remember what I told you?” Eunjung called out to Hongki.

“No need to worry noona, I’ll behave. Just take care of my niece.” And then the two went out.

 

As the two were walking on a park near the hospital Minkyung said, “Hongki-ssi, it seems everyone’s paired up except for you. I even noticed Minhwan likes your sister.” Minkyung said beginning their conversation.

“I know. A month ago I thought I’ll be joining the love wagon but unfortunately, I was dumped.”

“I’m sorry to hear that.”

“No it’s okay. Thanks to you I’m recuperating.”

Minkyung was alarmed and she distanced herself a bit from Hongki. Hongki noticed this and explained, “No, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it that way. Let me explain. This is not the first time I saw you.” Minkyung distanced some more.

Hongki was starting to panic, he then told her what happened in Japan. What happened with Shinhye, Wonbin and him. He told her how her song touched his heart and somehow made way for him to start letting go of Shinhye.

“Are you finally free from her?” She asked.

“Let’s just say now I can be in the same room as them. But I’m still a bit bitter. It still hurts but not as much.”

“You mean she’s the first girl you took seriously?”

“Yes.”

“And she’s your bestfriend?”

“Yes.”

Minkyung nodded. She knew she needs to change the topic of their conversation. “Unnie told me you your band is good. Is it true?”

“I don’t want to boast so you should see for yourself. Since you’re staying with us, you can go to one of our practices.”

“She said you have one heck of a voice. True? Can you sing a song for me?” Minkyung asked.

Hongki looked at Minkyung and smiled. He then pulled out his Cellphone and searched for a song. He then then looked around and finding that they were quite isolated he put the phone into speaker mode and the song started to play. “Here I go. Don’t laugh if I make mistakes.” Minkyung nodded and Hongki then stood up and began to sing.

She doesn't know, she really doesn't know,
this painful love
I love alone, and say another goodbye
I'm sending her away

I try and try to erase
But not even a fingertip's amount can be erased
The only person who can be the one for me
I am sending her away

Girls don't know love
They don't have a clue about love
She doesn't know my heart that knows nothing but love

Girls don't know love
They don't know this sad boy's love
Since she is a girl who knows nothing but separation
she doesn't know love

[Rap]
You know nothing of my heart, you don't know love at all
So you're leaving me, you're choosing another love
Against my torn heart, do you really know so little? you know nothing but yourself
That kind of you is all I know, I don't really know goodbyes
So love is remaining with me as a wound
Again today, I remain alone in the room you left
I know nothing but you

The wound remains as a scar
Of which not a single fingertip can be hidden
The only person who can be the one for me
I am sending her away

Girls don't know love
They don't have a clue about love
She doesn't know my heart that knows nothing but love

Girls don't know love
They don't know this sad boy's love
I'm still waiting only for her

They don't know this kind of painful love
They don't know this kind of sad love
She doesn't know my heart that knows nothing but love

Girls don't know love
They don't know this sad boy's love
Since she is a girl who knows nothing but separation
she doesn't know love.

When the song ended, Minkyung clapped her hands but both of them were surprised when someone else clapped. Hongki turned to the person who was clapping and he was quite shock with what he saw.

“Is this a private concert? Can we join you guys?”

Minkyung looked at Hongki and found out that he got very uncomfortable. She then cleared that seem to wake up Hongki from the shock. He then smiled at her and said, “Minkyung-a, meet my friends, Wonbin and Shinhye.”

 

A/N: Finally I was able to update. I might update again tonight. This chapter turned out to be longer than I expected so I have to cut it. I know I said a domino effect event will happen but sorry for not delivering it just yet. This storyline came to me today and I just have to write it down.

BTW, the song featured in this chapter is entitled "Girls Don't Know" by FTIsland. It's somehow relevant to what Hongki feels right now with Shinhye. Please check out the video.

 

 

This is the girl group i was talking about. I haven't given them a name yet since it consist of two groups. But I really love this song.

If you guys find some mistakes in this chapter I would like to apologize for it because I wasn't able to proofread this chapter. Thank you for your continuous support for my fanfics. Thanks for the comments and for subscribing.