The Twins and Their Twin Uncles

The LEE Family

The twins homecoming became a very big event to the Lee's. Everyone invited everyone they knew. Eunjung and Jangwoo were overwhelmed by their friends support and were very happy. The twins were named Minah and Hana. The girls like their uncles were also fraternal twins, meaning they don't look like each other at all. Minah looked more Eunjung while Hana looked more like Hongki. Eunjung then realized that the twin uncles will be the big spoilers of her daughters. As soon as the twins entered the door of their house, Jonghyun and Hongki took one girl each. Jonghyun took Minah while Hongki took Hana. Jaejin and IU tried to take the girls from their brothers but to no avail so they settled by just sitting beside the twin uncles while adoring their nieces.

Hongki turned out to be the more possessive uncle. Even Jangwoo and Eunjung had a hard time getting Hana away from him. Only when Eunjung threatened Hongki that she and Jangwoo would live on another house away from them that Hongki finally gave in and surrendered the baby to her mother. On the other hand, the reason why Jonghyun gave back Minah to Jangwoo is because Yoona wasn't feeling well that day and she needed to go back home to rest and Jonghyun being the perfect boyfriend brought his girlfriend home.

 

As soon as the girls were fed, IU and Jaejin finally had their turn with them. Being able to hold their nieces made them feel so happy and also realized that their family is getting bigger than ever. Jaejin out of his overwhelming joy suddenly stood up and hugged Eunjung, "Noona, thank you for coming into our lives. Thank you for your beautiful daughters. We love you and your daughters so much."

Eunjung teared with Jaejin's sweet words and just then Jangwoo said, "How about me punk? You're only thanking your noona?"

IU then hugged Jangwoo and said, "Don't be such a jealous person oppa. Of course we love you too. But not as much as Eunjung unnie." Then she kissed her oppa on the cheeks and smiled sweetly at him.

 

Months passed and soon everybody realized that there was a weird special bond between the twin uncles and the twin nieces. When the twins were three months old, Minah, the older one would always give her parents a hard time during the night because she likes staying awake until the wee hours of the morning. Jangwoo and Eunjung would alternate to dance and sing for the kid but still the baby won't sleep.

On the third week of little sleep or no sleep at all, Eunjung and Jangwoo were at their limits. One midnight, Jonghyun who forgot about the time because he was playing his guitar, got thirsty and suddenly decided to visit his nieces. When he entered the room of the twins he saw Jangwoo sleeping on the floor while Eunjung was trying hard to keep herself awake because she was holding the very much awake Minah. Jonghyun took pity on the couple and volunteered to look after the twins for the night since he has no class on the following day. Eunjung was very thankful and happily woke up her husband. Jangwoo who was still half asleep, hugged his brother tightly and followed his wife to their room. Soon Jonghyun heard snoring from the couple's room.

As he was holding Minah, he checked on Hana who was sound asleep on her crib. He smiled remembering his own twin brother who was a heavy sleeper just like Hana. He then looked at Minah who was still awake. He then said, "Why are you still awake little girl? You should know that babies are suppose to sleep so that they can grow fast." The baby just stared at him. He just shook his head. Then he got a good idea, he again checked on Hana to make sure she's safe in her crib and when he was satisfied, he took Minah with him to his room to get his guitar. Soon they were back to the twins room. He then settled Minah in her crib and seeing that the baby's not crying he then began to play his guitar.

As he was always when he's playing the guitar, he got lost in his own world. Then out of nowhere he heard Eunjung said, "How did you do that?" Jonghyun was startled and suddenly stood up and found Eunjung standing beside Minah's crib.

"What do you mean noona?" He asked.

"Look!" Eunjung said and pointed to Minah. Jonghyun looked and found that his niece was finally sleeping. He just looked at Eunjung, smiled and said, "Maybe she likes that sound of the guitar?"

"Whatever it is, I'm very grateful. Thank you." Eunjung said and kissed her brother on the cheeks.

"Glad to help noona. Goodnight." Jonghyun then leaned down and kissed his nieces, then left the room.

 

The next night, Minah was at it again. She's not sleeping again. Eunjung then remembered what happened the night before and told Jangwoo to play the guitar. Jangwoo happily, took his guitar and played some songs but still to no avail, the baby's still awake. Eunjung then told Jangwoo the song Jonghyun was playing the other night. Jangwoo played it but still the baby doesn't sleep.

Eunjung then ran to Jonghyun's room and knocked. After knocking persistently on Jonghyun's room, finally a very sleepy Jonghyun opened the door.

"Can you please try playing your guitar for Minah again?" Eunjung pleaded.

Jonghyun looked at Eunjung, smiled and took his guitar and followed Eunjung to the twins room. Jonghyun saw that Jangwoo was playing his guitar and said, "Why am I here? Hyung's playing the guitar already."

"But look, Minah's still awake. Just try please?" Eunjung begged.

Jonghyun then sat on a chair and began to play his guitar. After two minutes, Jangwoo said, "Well, I'll be damned." Eunjung then looked at a sleeping Minah and smiled at Jonghyun. "I guess we found the best way to make her sleep." Eunjung told Jangwoo while looking at Jonghyun who was playing the guitar.

The next night, IU, Jaejin and Hongki tried to play the guitar for Minah but still no one was able to make her sleep. But when Jonghyun's the one playing it would only take him minutes to make the baby sleep. So the following nights, Jonghyun would play his guitar for his niece before going to bed.

 

As for Hana the younger twin, it was a different bond with her uncle Hongki. Hana was the girl version of Hongki. Even Jangwoo saw the similarities between Hana and when Hongki was just a baby. Hana got her loud voice from her uncle Hongki.

Hana was a cry-baby just like when Hongki was little. She loves to cry. She cries all the time. The only time she doesn't cry is when she's eating, taking a bath and when she's sleeping. She became the alarm clock of their house for she would always wake up around 5am and would begin her crying alarm.

Eunjung worries for her younger child since she cries all the time. She then questions if the reason why the baby's crying is because she's not feeling well or she's experiencing pain somewhere. She even brought her to the doctor for a check-up but the doctor said that Hana's a very healthy loud baby.

Then one day while Hana was crying her heart out again, Hongki who just got home from school took her from Eunjung. The baby continued to wailed loudly and Hongki looked at her with concern. "Have you fed her noona?"

"She just had her lunch." Eunjung answered.

Hongki then smelled her diapers and since there's no foul smell, he concluded that the baby's clean. He tapped the baby's tummy to see if she's having gas, but she's still fine but still crying.

Suddenly, Hana cried more louder and Hongki panicked and looked at Eunjung. Eunjung was about to take Hana in her arms when Hongki began to sing. Just then Hana stopped crying and stared at her uncle Hongki. After the song, Hongki smiled at the baby but Hana decided to cry again. Eunjung then said, "Sing Hongki!" and Hongki again started to sing another song and true enough, the baby stopped crying.

Hongki sang until his voice was hoarse and he finally stopped when Hana was already sleeping.

Eunjung then got a very good idea. "Hongkiya, do you have a copy of your band's songs? The ones you guys recorded?" She asked.

"I have them in my IPhone." He answered.

"Send me those files. I think I know how to make your niece stop her crying." Hongki understood the idea and happily gave Eunjung a copy of their songs. Eunjung chose the more mellowed songs of the group and the songs were Hongki sings the whole song.

When Hana woke up later that afternoon, she was about to cry again but stopped when she heard her uncle's singing voice being played softly inside the room.

 

Then one afternoon the ever smart Jaejin suggested, "Hongki hyung, why don't you and Jonghyun hyung try to record some songs. Jonghyun hyung will play the guitar and Hongki hyung will sing. Let's see the effect on those girls."

"I think that's a very good idea oppa." IU said.

Jonghyun then looked at Hongki and Hongki just nodded.

Later that night, Jaejin and IU helped Hongki and Jonghyun to record songs for their angels. The result was a big success. The recording would always make Minah sleep and Hana to behave.

 

A/N: HI!!! I was finally able to update. I had a very bad writer's block. I wanted to update but I don't know what to write. Finally, I remembered my own experiences with babies and this is the result. This chapter is actually based on real events. Hope you'll find it fun to read. Maybe my next chapter will be concentrated on IU or Jaejin. I really hope that I can update and finish this story soon. I don't want to drag it too much. You might hate it if I make it longer.

BTW, thank you for subscribing and commenting. I'm sorry I'm not able to reply to each comment but know that everyone of them are highly appreciated.