Side Story: Choosing the Company

The LEE Family

"No to this one. Not this one too. Especially not this one!" Yonghwa exclaimed as he checks every contracts that were laid in front of him. The other boys began to look at the contracts too.

Jonghyun looked and Yonghwa and said, "I agree with you too hyung. All of these won't just do."

Eunjung who was acting as their manager for the meantime was getting more annoyed by the minute. Finally the FnC Band is getting offers of management from companies to represent them. At first everyone was very excited until they find that specific clause in the contract. The boys have been receiving offers from the best Entertaiment Companies in Korea and still they won't accept it.

Eunjung then said, "I understand, why you don't want to deny them but still it's just 5 years. I don't think the girls would mind it."

"I think I have to agree with noona. Hyung we don't need to deny the girls. We just have to be careful to not let the public know that we have girlfriends. Our real fans knows about them and they will just keep our secrets. That's how loyal they are." Hongki told Yonghwa.

"What do you two think?" Eunjung asked Jaejin and Minhwan.

"I don't really mind it." Jaejin said.

"Me too." Minhwan added.

Yonghwa was deep in thought. He really wanted to sign the offer of the Biggest company but they have a clause that they're not suppose to be involved in any romantic relationship for five years after they debut or if ever they have girlfriends, the public should not know about them. He just can't imagine denying Seohyun to anybody. In fact what he wants to do is to flaunt his girlfriend to everyone.

Jonghyun on the other hand hated the clause because right about that time, Yoona is rising to stardom. He really hates it when boys would flock around her. Though she's not forbidden to have a boyfriend, she was advised to witheld the information until someone asks her. Somehow her company has been very good at filtering questions towards her and until now, the public thinks that she's single and boys continues to pest around her. He badly wants to debut and finally tell the public that Im Yoona is his and his alone. 

Hongki somehow felt that he needs to hide his relationship with Minkyung. She's becoming one of the most sought after singer of her generation. He somehow thinks that her fans would forbid her to have a relationship with a newbie in the Kpop world. It would even make people think that he's using her popularity to make him and his band famous. That's the reason why he doesn't mind the clause.

As for Jaejin, he's very confident that no one would know his relationship with Suzy since she's a very private person who likes to keep things to herself. He also doesn't know if she wants to publicize their relationship.

Minhwan on the other hand would just be okay with anything. He knows that IU would be okay with either situations.

"I still don't want anyone to limit me with my relationship status." Yonghwa said with finality.

Eunjung knew that even if three of the members are okay with it, it would still be useless since two of them doesn't want it.

"We can just go on as we use to now. We don't really need a major entertainment company. We have fans more than some of the groups who have debuted. Why are we such in a hurry to sign on one?" Jonghyun said.

Eunjung was getting more and more frustrated with the two men. She knew that this group is one of the most talented group in Korea and she knows that having them sign on one major label would develop the boys more and be able make it really big. She was about to say something when the door of the studio suddenly opened and Hongki began to smile widely.

"What brings you here?" He asked as he welcomes her with a kiss.

Minkyung kissed him back and smiled to everyone. She then handed an envelope to Yonghwa. "I think you should read this." she said.

Yonghwa opened the envelope and saw another contract. He grimaced and was about to put it down when Minkyung said, "You should read it until the end so you might not regret something in the future."

Yonghwa looked at her puzzled which also made the others and Eunjung interested in the contract. Everyone huddled around Yonghwa and began to read the contract. Minkyung on the other hand stood behind Hongki and gave him a massage while he's also reading the contract.

After a while Yonghwa shouted, "Can somebody hand me a pen please?" Eunjung immediately handed him one and he began to sign the contract. Jonghyun immediately signed after him followed by Jaejin and Minhwan. After that they gave the contract to Hongki. Yonghwa was getting impatient for Hongki's not signing his name. "Yah Lee Hongki, I swear if you don't sign that contract, I will kill you." He shouted at Hongki.

Jonghyun took the pen and put in Hongki's hand but still Hongki's not signing.

"What's wrong now?" Eunjung asked her brother-in-law.

"It's just too good to be true." Hongki said. "Why would this company allow us to have girlfriends and be public with it when we know that in this industry the 5 year no relationship clause is a standard. What did you do?" he then asked Minkyung.

Minkyung mysteriously smiled. Hongki knew something was up and he's not going to back down until he knows what it is.

"Everyone then turned their attention to Minkyung. "Spill it." Ordered Eunjung.

Minkyung then sat on Hongki's lap and hugged him. He automatically hugged her waist and said, "I'm not signing this until I know what you did."

Minkyung then kissed his cheeks and faced the others.

"I didn't do anything that will compromise my situation with the company if that's what you're worried about. They knew I was close to you guys since they knew that Eunjung unnie is my sister. They asked me why you guys are not signing any contracts yet since you guys won the Battle of the Bands last month. They said that they will do anything to get you guys signed with our company. I told them about the 5-year-no-relationship-clause. At first they were very hesitant especially since all of you are good-looking men. Then I told them that you're existing fans knows everything and have been accepting ever since. Then they watched your concert last week and saw that there were no violent reactions when you flirted with your respective girlfriends while the concert is on-going. They saw how good you guys were and decided to just forego that clause. They made this contract and now asked me to bring it to you and told me not to come back to the company without your signatures on it." Minkyung explained.

"Do they know about us?" Hongki asked her. She looked at him and kissed his nose. "No. But only because you don't want me to."

"Are you going to tell them?" Eunjung asked Minkyung.

"Not until he wants me to." Minkyung answered.

Yonghwa then smacked Hongki's head. "YOU. SIGN. NOW!" He ordered Hongki. 

The younger man just laughed and signed his name on the contract.

 

A few months after their debut, the group was interviewed.

Reporter: Do you have girlfriends?

Yonghwa and Jonghyun: YES! (at the same time shocking the host.)

Reporter: You do? Do we know who she is?

Yonghwa: No.

Jonghyun: Yes

Reporter: (Looking at Jonghyun) Can we know who she is?

Jonghyun: Im Yoona.

Jonghyun answered proudly. The boys snickered. The reporter was shocked. Some fans cried, some cheered but all in all it's another story.