Chapter one

Luhan the baby-faced reindeer

Sehun jolted awake when a loud crash boomed through the house.  He propped himself up on his elbows and trained half lidded eyes on the door.  When he was sure that he wasn’t in any immediate danger of some crazy axe wielding murderer bursting into the room, he promptly collapsed and snuggled back under his bedcovers, refusing to acknowledge the obnoxious noise that had woken him up. However, when a second wave of noise crashed through the house, his eyes immediately snapped open, and he scrambled up.

The first thought that entered Sehun’s mind as he flicked on the bedside lamp and slipped out of bed, was that maybe Jongin- or Kai as he liked to be called, that idiot- had broken into his house to gift him some ‘thrill’ and ‘excitement ‘in honour of the Christmas season, but then Sehun remembered that Kai was probably too busy sulking over how Sehun had utterly slaughtered him in their previous gaming night.  However, now that evil idiotic best friend was crossed off the list, Sehun was left with the possibility of a thief in his house.  Sehun frowned at the thought and for the first time in his life he wished that he had taken up baseball so that he would have a bat conveniently placed somewhere.

 Hesitantly, he stuck his head outside into the hallway, wincing when his bedroom door let out a whiny groan as he cracked it open. Muttering curses under his breath, he stepped out into the hallway, still wishing that he had a baseball bat handy.

It was the moment that Sehun entered his living room that he realized that his recent streak of gaming through the night (and over multiple nights) was not doing kind things to his sanity. He clamped his eyes shut and opened them again, hoping to redeem himself but to no avail, because right in front of him lying amongst a pile of debris, was a reindeer. That, and a massive hole in the roof. He choked on his own spit, trying to gurgle out some sort of exclamation of surprise but only ending up blinking dumbly at the furry beast in front of him.  Sehun began to think that despite Christmas not being his favourite holiday, maybe deep deep down he was really excited this year, so here he was imagining that there was an actual reindeer in his house.  Sehun shut his eyes again and silently vowed to never play games through the night again. Then he turned around and retreated to the kitchen with stiff limbs, hoping to salvage what was left of his sanity. He poured himself a glass of water which he sipped slowly, chanting a mantra of ‘you are not mad’ and ‘There is not a reindeer in your living –‘

“Hello?” a head appeared in the doorway.

Sehun promptly choked on his water and continued to ram his teeth painfully against his cup. 

“Oh my god, are you alright?” pale fingers curled around the doorframe until finally a slender figure came into full view. 

Sehun slammed his glass down, too busy coughing and wheezing to notice how attractive the stranger was. That and Sehun was reeling in shock over how the stranger was also .

“Whotheare youandhowdidyougetintomyhouse?” Sehun spluttered as a flush crept its way up his neck and face.

Sehun choked for the second time that night when the stranger then proceeded to beam back at him and Sehun couldn’t help but admire the way his cheeks lifted cutely and how he had flawless milky white skin and- Sehun shook his head vigorously, because, wow, there was a stranger in his kitchen, not to mention a reindeer in his living room.  

“I’m Luhan, what’s your name?”  Luhan spoke, not seeming to mind that he was in some stranger’s kitchen, as bare as newborn, but Sehun merely froze because he swore that those were sparkles in Luhan’s eyes.  Then Sehun’s brain kicked into overdrive as Luhan took a step forward. Sehun immediately moved back.

“Clothes” he squeaked as his back hit the wall.

“Sorry?” Luhan’s face contorted into one of confusion before he caught onto how Sehun was looking at anywhere but him. “Oh, right. Um” Luhan spun around and exited the kitchen leaving Sehun to gawk dumbly. Sehun could almost hear the cogs in his brain groaning as he tried to process the situation because, hey, there was a potential thief roaming freely around his house. Sehun frowned. But what kind of thief broke into someone’s house completely unclothed and introduced themselves?

Sehun eventually peeled himself off the wall and hesitantly followed after Luhan, who he found to be in the living room- still - rummaging through the debris of his damaged ceiling. But holy , the reindeer was gone. GONE. Sehun had the urge to kiss the ground and prance around the room even though he’d probably just confirmed that he’d lost his marbles and his imagination was wreaking havoc on his mind.

“Seems like my clothes are still in the sleigh” Luhan said as he straightened up and turned to face Sehun

“What? Sleigh?” Sehun repeated incredulously before he brought a hand to his face and rubbed his temples “You- no, actually how did you get into my house?”

“I fell” Luhan gestured to the hole in the ceiling then added sheepishly “Sorry about your roof”

“You what?” Sehun spluttered “How are- why?”

“I’m one of Father Christmas’s reindeers and we were flying –“

Sehun promptly broke into a coughing fit as he choked on his own spit yet again. “I’m sorry?”

“You” Luhan’s expression suddenly turned serious as he locked eyes with Sehun

“What?” Sehun blinked dumbly back at him

“You don’t believe”

“Believe that Santa exists or that” Sehun couldn’t believe he was saying this “You’re a reindeer?”

Luhan frowned at him

“Well, you don’t look like a reindeer” Sehun said dumbly.

“That’s because I’m a shape shifter” Luhan chuckled as he finally broke eye contact, his face breaking out into a blinding smile  and shook his head as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Sehun was beginning to think that Luhan had indeed fallen through his roof and perhaps had hit his head too, because if what he was saying wasn’t utterly insane, Sehun may be forced to face the fact that maybe he was the one that was insane.

“Well sorry about your roof but I really have to get back to Father Christmas” Luhan continued, oblivious to the expression of pure confusion and incredulous on the other’s face “There’s only two days to Christmas Eve after all”

Then Luhan fell onto all fours and Sehun was just about to question him when it happened.  Luhan, the nutcase in his house with the milky white skin and pretty eyes, began to grow fur. Then he grew antlers and then hooves and then suddenly there was a ing reindeer in Sehun’s living room again.

The reindeer grunted at him, staring up at him with big black eyes and Sehun swore that he could feel the last of his sanity shatter into pieces and fade away into nothingness. Slowly and stiffly, he retreated to the kitchen, heading straight for the fridge to grab a beer, because, wow, he really needed a drink.

 

 

Hope you enjoyed the first chappie! ^.^

Next chapter will be up soon because I SWEAR I WILL FINISH THIS BEFORE CHRISTMAS AGKDGAKUDGAJKLDGAJKLDGHS

MERRY CHRISTMAS MUNCHKINS!! <3 xxx