Ch 13

This isn't me. (My new life)

I looked at the time. It was already 11 o'clock and Kai and I were the only ones left in the practice room. I pushed all the awkwardness aside and tried to only focus on the dance. 

"Suho said it needs more emotion." I said to him. Half of his body was in the shadow while the other half was being shone brightly by the set of lights that were left on. "How do we do that?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders and laid down on the black floor. I groaned and wiped the sweat off my forehead. I sat back up. Kai was sitting in front of me with a plain face. I jumped a bit. "Yah." I said. I looked at him with a confused face. "What are you doing." His face was inching closer to mine. I tipped backwards to avoid becoming to close to him. 

"Y-yah." I said. My back eventually met with the cold ground. He hovered over me. His hands were placed on either side my head and he dipped down to my face. I didn't say anything nor did I protest. I liked it. I liked how he was close to me. I liked how I didn't feel weird about it. I looked into his tired eyes and didn't say anything. He brought his face closer to mine and kissed me. His lips felt soft on my lips. He pulled back and looked at me. 

"Mian." He pushed himself off of me and backed away from a bit. I stood up and looked at him. 

"Kai. I-" I was cut off when his phone rang. He picked it up and answered it. 

"Eo." There was a silence. "Arrasso." With only two words said. He hung up. 

"Do you have a ride home?" He looked at me. I shook my head. "Come with me then." I didn't refuse. Instead I took up the offer and followed him outside to his motorcycle. "Put this on." He handed me his helmet and climbed on his bike. I held onto his shoulders and we sped off.

My grip on his shoulders tightened as the bike sped up. I shut my eyes and hoped that we wouldn't die. I felt the vehicle slow down and I began to open my eyes. Instead of my house, it was another building. A big hotel to the looks of it. 

"Stay here." He said to me. He walked over to a man and a girl in front of the large entrance. The dark shield of the helmet made it hard to make out who it was. The dark sky didn't help either. 

"Yah!" A voice called for me. "Come here!" Kai called. I took off the helmet and cradled it in my arms and walked over. Now that the helmet was off I could see better. 

"You?" A female voice shouted. A looked at her. Jieun? 

"What are you doing with Jongin?" She asked sounding polite as possible. "Kai..Jongin was going to send me home after dance practice." 

"Again with dance." An elderly looking man scoffed. "Aboji." Kai said sternly. His father examined me before looking at Kao and walking off. His body disappeared into the hotel. 

"Kaja." Kai grabbed onto my hand and pulled me to his bike. He took the helmet out of my hands and put in on my head. I climbed onto the bike after him. The bike sped off and all I could feel were the stares Jieun was giving after we rode off. 

"Stop the bike." My voice muffled by the helmet. "Wae?" Kai yelled over the wind. I didn't answer. I suddenly felt anger being built up inside of me. 

I immediately jumped off the bike when Kai reached my house. "Yah!" I took off the helmet and threw it at him as hard as I could. He caught it. "What's wrong?" He asked. I turned around to look at him with fury in my eyes. 

"What was the point in bringing me to see your dad and Jieun?" I asked sternly.

"What?" He asked. 

"It wasn't nessecesary for you to drag me along to your stupid meeting with your dad." I looked at him. "I'm not a thing you can just play with. So just stop." I didn't know why but tears started to form in my eyes. I was frustrated. I felt like he was just using me for his own selfish needs. I felt hurt that he dragged me to see his father just to make him mad. After he kissed me too. 

Then I realized, I liked him. A lot more than I should have. I was falling hard. Harder than I expected. 

Kai pulled me into his embrace. I buried my face into his chest. "I'm sorry you felt that way. I didn't mean for it to be like that." He whispered into my ear. "I just didn't want to part with you." I breathed in his scent. He broke the hug and I looked at him. The gap between our heads began to close. That moment, my head went completely blank. It felt so right but at the same time, so wrong. 

"Kai. No." I placed my hands on his chest and pushed him away slightly. "This is wrong you're engaged." I reminded him. His grip around my waist tightened. "I don't love her though. I want to be with you." 

My head felt stuffy. Everything was happening top fast for me. "Please. This is for your sake. And for your family." Remembering what Jihyun told me. I backed out of the hug. 

"I'll see you tomorrow then. Right?" He nodded and I quickly raced into my house, leaving him on the sidewalk. 

 

I sat down in the empty classroom in the morning. My eyes felt heavy from the previous night. Tossing and turning from the incident I had with Kai. 

It's for you own good, Haneul. 

It'll be better for him and his family. 

I kept repeating the same thing over and over in my head all night until I got tired. 

Students one by one started to fill the class. I looked at the clock. It was only two minutes until class was about to start and Kai was still not present. Sehun walked in with a bright smile. As soon as he spotted me, his smiled disappeared. 

"Are you okay Haneul?" He placed a hand on my shoulder. I nodded my head tiredly. The bell rang and class soon started shortly after. 

 

"Ready for lunch?" Xiumin asked me as I walked down the halls with him. I hummed in response. I sat down in the table and placed my bag on the ground. My eyes unknowingly started to scan the crowded cafeteria for someone. 

"Looking for Kai?" I diverted my attention to Chanyeol. "Why would you say that?" I asked. 

"You two been together a lot lately." Lay said. "We're dance partners. No biggy." I told them. The boys threw each other glances before biting into their food. "What?" I asked timidly. "Aniya. Nothing." They said. I squinted my eyes at them. 

I made my way into the library after lunch. I sat down at a table and opened my textbook. I jotted down some questions and answered them. "Hey beautiful." I stopped writing and looked up. Myungsoo pulled up a chair and sat beside me. 

"Why aren't you in class?" I asked. He shrugged his shoulders. "Nappeun namja." I said, shaking my head. 

"Question 1. Daeng! Wrong!" He looked over my shoulder and pointed my wrong answer. 

"I'm sorry if I'm not a math genius like you!" I said. He chuckled. "Are you doing anything after school?" He asked. 

I thought about it. I had nothing to do. I knew he asked me out but I didn't feel like doing anything today. I looked up at him and nodded my head. A small frown appeared on his face. I tried hiding my smile. "Can I walk you home then?" I giggled and nodded at him. 

After two more periods, school finally ended. I swung my black bag over my shoulder and found Myungsoo waiting for me at the front of the school. Together, we started the journey to my house. Cars passed by. Kids ran past me. It was the usual and although I was with Myungsoo, it was rather lonely. I sighed and stared up at the clear blue sky. 

"Oppa. Want some?" 

"No." A lowered my head and see a couple enjoying their time at the park. Except, it only looked like the girl was trying to make an effort. Her arms were linked around his left arm, trying to get her to try the strawberry ice cream she has in her hand. He shoved her harshly but she kept trying. I kept walking, trying to keep up with Myungsoo. 

"Ah. Jongin!" She whined. My head snapped back to the couple and focused harder. It really was Jongin. He was with Jieun. It looked like a date. "Aish. Stop annoying me!" He slipped his arm out of hers and tucked it back in his pant pocket. 

I passed them with a lowered head. I didn't want them to see me. I didn't want him to see me. I walk quickly past them. I walked closer to him hoping his body would shield me from the two. 

"Haneul!" My shoulders dropped and I stopped walking. Myungsoo looked down at me and moved aside. 

"Haneul-ah!" Jihyun waving at me with a fake smile plastered on her face. Kai had his body turned slightly as he looked at me. He wore brown pants with a blue button up plaid shirt with his sleeves rolled up. His hands were tucked in his pockets as he glanced at me. Jihyun waved at me and invited me over. I made small steps over to the two under the tree. Myungsoo stayed standing at his spot and waited me to come back. 

"Hey." I said quietly, trying to ignore Kai's stares. "Just getting off school?" She asked as she linked her arms around his again. I nodded. "You?" 

"Date." She smiled at the boy who had a scowl on his face. "I should get going." I looked at Kai and smiled before walking away. "Haneul. Wait." He called out for me. I turned around to face him. He didn't say anything. "I'll see you later." I nodded my head. He looked at the other boy before turning away. I sighed and walked away. Jihyun had an obvious dislike towards the action he made. 

I made it into my house and bid Myungsoo goodbye. I dropped my bag beside the couch.  I sat down on my bed and sighed. Thoughts were running through my head. More than I could process at once. 

Did this mean the end of my friendship with Kai? Was it even a friendship. I too was confused about our relationship. I looked at the time. The clock on the wall read 5:30. I chuckled. 

"I really took my time walking home huh?" I opened my closer to get out a pair of clean pajamas until the bell rang. I opwalked downstairs and opened the door. 

"Annyeong." A big eyed boy greeted me at the door along with five other boys. I smiled and invited them in. 

"Where are the others?" I asked. Only Xiumin, Luhan, Kris, Lay, Baekhyun and Sehun were here. 

"They had to take care of other matters."' Sehun said. They were all seated in my living room. I examined them and noticed they were wearing nice, black clothing. My eyes widened and I backed away. 

"No. No." I waved my hands in front of me. They all looked at me with confused expressions. "What?" 

"I am not clubbing with you tonight." They all breathed out. "Come on! It's been so long since we last went clubbing!" Baekhyun whined. I shook my head. "No. Get out." I pointed at my door. They didn't budge. 

I stomped my foot and pouted. "Yah." I frowned. 

"Aigoo. Looks at our little girl. She thinks she has a say in if she's going or not." Sehun walked up to me and pinched my cheeks. I slapped his hands away from me and glared at the six smiling boys in front of me. 

"Let me get dressed." I sighed and trudged my way into my room. The boys whispering 'yes' to each other behind me.