Ch 12

This isn't me. (My new life)

 

I was sitting alone in the classroom early in the morning. I rested my head on the desk, deciding to do some last minute sleeping. Suddenly feeling a presence beside me, I lifted my head. 

"Miss me?" A smiled appeared on my face. "Oppa!" I hugged him. 

"Catching up on sleep?" Myungsoo asked me. I nodded tiredly. "Shall we sleep together then?" I nodded. He wrapped his arm around me. My head naturally rested on his shoulder as his head laid gently on top of mine. We both closed our eyes. 

"Ahem." I sighed and opened my eyes. "Hey Kai." Myungsoo's eyes opened and he lifted his head off of mine. I pouted at the sudden loss of warmth. 

"Hey." He greeted him. Kai nodded. "I've been meaning to ask you. Would you like to join our-" 

"Sorry. She's already with Exo. So she can't join the competition with you. If that was what you were going to ask." 

Myungsoo looked at him. "Really? Keudae." Kai raised his eyebrows and smirked. "I'll see you around." I nodded and watched as he left. 

Kai took his seat beside mine. I turned the other way and rested my head on the window. At least I tried. No matter how hard I tried, there was no comfortable position. Suddenly, my body was being shifted in the opposite direction. My head was now resting on a shoulder. 

"Yah. Kai." I lifted my head only for it to be forced down on pot his shoulder again. "You said you were tired." He shifted in his seat to a comfortable position. "Sleep." I wanted to protest but was shut up by him. 

"Aish just sleep. I know you're tired judging by those ugly eyes bags. I'll wake you up when class starts." I hit him as my head remained on his shoulder. "Comfortable?" I nodded my head and smiled. 

"When did you stop using honorifics with me?" He asked. "When I realized you didn't use them with me." I said without moving. "Yah. That doesn't mean you can't with me!" 

I sat up straight and frowned at him. "Aish. So noisy." I sat up straight and frowned at him. "Can't you be quiet for five minutes. Jinjja." I stood up and walked out the classroom door. 

"Yah." He chased after me. "Where are you going?" I ignored him and kept walking. "Wha. Goody is ditching class again. You're on a roll." I stopped and glared at him. He stood there innocently. I rolled my eyes and continued walking. The school bell rang indicating the start of class. I looked at the remaining students in the hall rushing to their classes. 

"Where are you going?" I ignored and him and kept on walking. "Haneul. Where are you going?" He said at bit louder. My steps were getting faster. Kai had to occasionally jog to catch up with me. 

I looked around the empty halls for anyone teacher or students passing by. Once I saw it was clear, I opened the door and climbed up the stairs. Our footsteps echoed in the dark stairwell. 

"Are you going to sleep?" I breathed in and closed my eyes as I opened the door to the rooftop of the school. "Yah answer me!" Finally having enough, I turned around. My lips suddenly met with his. My eyes were wide opened as I stared at his face close to mine. I quickly backed away and turned around, hiding my flushed cheeks. 

"Mian!" I scurried off to the edge of the rooftop and looked down. I glanced back a bit and saw Kai still standing there frozen. I looked back down at the gray concrete ground. "Maybe if I jump he'll forget about it."

The door suddenly slammed shut and I felt my shoulders drop. I touched my lips and scolded myself. 

"Idiot Haneul." 

---

I limped down the stairs in a daze. I stared blankly at the stairs as I brought my fingers up and touched my lips. I reached the last set of stairs and I sat down on the last step. I held my chest and rested my head on the cold railing. What's this feeling? My heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest at any moment. 

"There you are!" Chanyeol's sillouette appeared in the doorway. "Come on. We're ditching and going to practice." My hand dropped and I acted at normal as possible. I nodded at him and and followed him out. I walked behind him, the whole time I was thinking about the kiss. 

"Why are you smiling like an idiot?" Chanyeol turned around and looked at me. I quickly frowned and walked passed him. Chanyeol and I met up with the rest of the boys outside of the school. They all gathered around the car talking. 

"Haneul's not coming?" Chen asked. I shrugged my shoulders. "I couldn't find her." Chanyeol told him. 

"Kai. Can you text her?" Suho asked me. "Me? Why?" He looked at me frustrated. "Just do it." He opened the car door and hopped inside. The rest of the boys followed after. I swung my leg over my bike and took out my phone. I searched for Haneul's name and pressed on it. 

Practice. 

Was all I typed in. My thumb hovered over the send button. Should I send it? Part of me said no. Seeing her after the kiss was going to make it awkward. Another part of me wanted to send it. I wanted to see her. I wanted her presence to be with mine. After sitting there for what felt like five minutes, I eventually pressed the button. I closed my phone and started my bike. 

I entered the building and placed my helmet on the handle of the bike once I reached the studio. I entered the practice room and put my sweater on the couch. The rest of the members were already running through the piece. I quickly jumped into my spot and picked up on the choreography. 

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get the kiss out of my head. Her soft lips on mine. Yes, it was an accident. But I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it. 

The song ended and I was breathing hard. "It could be better." I said, walking off to the side of the room. 

"Mian. I was sleeping." A angelic voice filled the room. Haneul was in the doorway with an apologetic face. "We just started." Luhan said. I looked at Haneul. She wasn't looking at me. She avoided my gaze. I frowned. 

"Let's see your duet." Kris asked. Haneul finally turned her head at me. I saw her sigh as I walked over to the stereo to plug in my iPod. She stood in front of the centre of the room and I stood at the back. When the music started, I slowly walked behind her following the rhythm of the music. I wrapped my arms around her as she pushed me away. Her hands were placed on my chest and a tingly feeling shoot up my spine. I shivered. The music ended and I hugged her waist. The guys clapped and smiled. 

"Good. But it won't win." Suho said. "It needs more emotion." He added. I looked at Haneul who was breathing hard. I swallowed a lump in my throat. 

"Leave it for now. Let's work on the group." She suggested. 

I didn't know whether it was only me, but I could feel tension in the room. As if she was..mad? I couldn't put my finger on it. But I knew she felt weird about the accidental kiss too.