A Sugarcoated Ice Prince ; Chapter 2

{{ Angel Wings Portfolio }} --//Of Draft Ideas

Sungjong used all his strength to shove the girl away before he got up almost immediately,wiping his mouth at the same time. "That's my first...ugh...." he held his head from the mini dilemma he was having now. "Geez Sungjong,you don't have to shove me away so roughly. And I thought that even though you're an ice prince,you still have that gentleman side in you,guess I was wrong." Mi Eun scoffed as she got up and patted her costume.

She doesn't even know what happened.

A light flickered on and off,signalling the route to the escape of the horrible tunnel. "Let's go." she said groggily before she went ahead to the flickering lights,totally not bothering about Sungjong. "This girl is insane." he remarked pathetically as he tagged along reluctantly. They finally found light after they got out of the tunnel. Mi Eun took a look at the note she was gripping onto tightly. "A jar of artificial blood?" she arched an eyebrow before she looked at Sungjong.

"Aish gimme that." he muttered as he snatched the note from her hands. "We're just going to find whatever we can find first." he sighed and trudged along into the 'grudge forest'. There were a few grudges that 'attacked' the two,but however more,they remained calm,not letting out a single scream. Sungjong even attempted to hit the ghost because he was so pissed at what happened in the tunnel that night.

"Geez relax dude. You're too fierce!" Mi Eun rolled her eyes. Sungjong jerked his gaze towards the girl and glared at her. "Shut up." he said. Mi Eun ignored him as she followed him around,trying to find the items on the list.

After walking around for 20 minutes,they finally came across a place with a box. The 2 walked closer to the box and saw the sign that says 'Put your hand in the box and thou shall retrive the jar of blood.' Finding how they wrote the sentence funny,Mi Eun let out a small laugh. She daringly put her hand in the box and as expected,the small cupboard below the box opened up and started attacking her legs.

She didn't seemed bothered by it at all,instead,she kicked the ghost that was tickling her feet as her hand roamed in the box for the jar of blood. Seeing this,Sungjong shook his head in amusement. I don't think she's a girl. he mentally laughed. Usually if she was some typical fangirl of his,the forest would be filled with screams by now and Sungjong would be covering his ears from the stupid deafening sound.

A few minutes later,a scream was heard,causing the 2 to flinch in alarm. After the scream,incoherent words were heard from afar. "I guess the other perfect pairs are in the forest now. We have to find these quickly." Mi Eun said as she finally achieved the jar of blood. They walked around haunted looking old houses and finally found the gourd that was on the list. Sungjong went to pick the gourd from the string when all of a sudden the door in front of him,opened,revealing a female ghost who approached him and starred at him within an inch from his face.

"Get out of my face,you're ugly." he grimaced as he pushed the ghost away in annoyance. He retrived the gourd and stalked off the find the next item on the list. However,for the next 2 hours,the 2 spent their time wandering about in the woods,not managing to find anything. It was until,a howl was heard. Even though Mi Eun didn't show it,she began to panic.

"Sungjong let's get out of here." Mi Eun tugged his hand. "Those howls are fake. It's probably just to scare us." Sungjong assured. Mi Eun took out her phone and widened her eyes when she saw the time. It was already 12 in the morning. "Ya...Sungjong...it's already 12." she tugged on his arm once more. "What? Really?" he scratched his head in disbelief. The time went by so fast. "Yea let's get out of here." Sungjong agreed as he turned around.

And when both of them did,Mi Eun froze. She starred into the glistening eyes of the creature as she dared not make a move,fearing that it'll attack her. "Geez stop it! It's already 12 am! Go home." Sungjong yelled,thinking that it was probably a fake. "Y-ya...Sungjong...I think that wolf is real..." Mi Eun shuddered. "Aish it's no-.." before he could continue,the creature growled. Sungjong literally froze as well.

"Back away,slowly." Sungjong said and both of them backed away as slow as they could. Sungjong felt for his back pocket and was relieved to find a lighter there. He slowly picked up a big tree branch from the ground and lit it up,making the crimson flames light up the dark forest. He swayed it in front of the wolf dangerously. "Go away!" he yelled as he swayed the tree branch again.

It slowly backed away,but it didn't seem to have an intention of leaving. Sungjong threw the branch at the wolf. "RUN!" he yelled and that was when both of them took off,running their fastest. Mi Eun's shoe fell off but at the moment,she didn't care. She just kept on running and threw the items away at the same time. They ran back to the tunnel,only to be blocked by a door. "HEY OPEN UP!" Sungjong yelled as he banged the door furiously.

"OPEN UP!" he yelled again. Mi Eun looked back and saw that the wolf was coming in a distance. "YA!" she slapped on the door frantically. Sungjong backed away from the door and charged at it,hoping to kick the door down,when it opened. The 2 pushed their way in the locked the door,after a few seconds,a loud thud was heard and they were sure that it was the wolf. The tunnel was now full of lights,the female ghosts were all removing their ghost make up in the tunnel and some were even eating.

"Sungjong oppa?" one of the girls raised an eyebrow. The both of them were too shock and tired to even say anything. Mi Eun felt a sharp pain at her ankle but decided to ignore it as she limped her way to the other side of the tunnel. Sungjong just panted as he slowly walked back,all the energy drained from running for his life a while back.

When they made it back to the auditorium,they realised all the students had already left and there were only teachers and staffs there,probably worrying on where the 2 missing students were. When Mi Eun opened the door,the teachers all snapped their gaze towards the door. "Mi Eun! Sungjong!" one of the teachers exclaimed as she walked towards them urgently.

"Where have you been?" she asked worriedly. The teacher scanned Mi Eun from head to toe and furrowed her eyes in confusion. "What happened?" she asked. Mi Eun put up a hand. "Forget it." she said,too tired to even explain the whole situation. She went to sit down at the bench near the fans as they panted from exhaustion. She looked at her ankle which is by now,swollen. Even her feet was bleeding because she was running bare footed just now. "How am I going to go home?" she sighed.

Sungjong went and sat next to her as he eyed her feet. "Are you okay?" he asked. "Yea..." Mi Eun nodded. She took out her phone to call someone,but she realised the battery was dead. "Sungjong,can I borrow your phone for a while?" she asked. Without uttering a single word,Sungjong took out his phone and passed it to her.

She pressed on the button,only to see a picture as his lockscreen. It was a picture with the other Infinite members and all of them were smiling happily,even Sungjong. And Mi Eun couldn't help to admit but say that he didn't look so cold here. She slid the unlock bar across and dialled for a number. Putting it next to her ear,she patiently waited. "Yeoboseyo?" a tired voice said at the other end of the line.

"Unni." Mi Eun began. "Mi Eun?" the girl said. "Ya...it's 12 o'clock! Where are you?!" she worriedly yelled,well aware that Mi Eun isn't at home. "Can you fetch me from school? I'm uh...barefooted. Lost a shoe." she rubbed the back of her neck in embarrassment. "Your school? What have you gotten yourself into Mi Eun? The rest of the students already went back." the other girl sighed. "Wait right there,i'm coming." and the line went dead.

"Thanks..." Mi Eun said as she passed the phone back to him. "Then i'll be going." he said coolly and walked off. And I thought he was a nice person...he's still that sugercoated ice prince. Sigh.

 

===

 

Mi Eun waited at the gates of her school before a car stopped. She opened the door and went in quietly. "Ya...I thought you came back already." the older girl said before looking at her partially ruined dress and her injured leg. "Ya Nam Mi Eun...what happened to you?" the older one narrowed her eyes. There was a knock on the car window. The girl lowered it,only to see a worried security guard. "Seokjae ahjussi,what's the problem?" the girl asked.

"Im Yoona ssi,I should be asking you that,no? Since you're already stopping here for more than 20 minutes,I thought there might be a problem with your car." the security guard said. "Yea i'm leaving." Yoona nodded before she winded up her window again. "Nam Mi Eun,you're going to explain it all at home." Yoona glared.

Now if you're wondering about their relationship,it's simple. Both of them are orphans,both of them are roommates ever since they left the orphanage and,since they've been together for a long time,they practically treat each other like sisters. 

 

===

 

"Explain." Yoona demanded. "But first,why are you in Krystal's dress?" Mi Eun sighed. "There's this guy called Sungjong...he's practically a sugarcoated ice prince jerk and you know how much I hated these people right? So unfortunately,I got paired up with him for this horror thingy and I was wearing the exact same thing he was wearing,so I'd rather die than to be recognised with him as a couple so I asked Krystal to exchange costumes with me." Mi Eun explained.

"And what about your leg?" Yoona narrowed her eyes at the injury. "Well,luck bailed on us. We didn't manage to find the items and ended up roaming around the stupid forest for 2 hours and it was already 12 am and so when we wanted to go back,we came face to face with a wolf." Mi Eun said. Yoona widened her eyes. "WOLF?!" she screeched. "Unni!" Mi Eun put a finger at her lips.

"So we were practically running for our lives and I lost a shoe and tada." Mi Eun waved a hand at her swollen ankle. Yoona shook her head in disbelief as she went to retrieve a first aid kit from the kitchen.

 

===

 

Sungjong reached his apartment and realised no one was inside. He sighed and grabbed the post stick on the fridge before crushing it and throwing it into the bin. "Sungjong ah,umma and appa have work,we're so sorry we couldn't acompany you,so take care of yourself well." he recited. That was what was exactly written on the note. He checked the basket on the fridge and saw that there weren't any ramyun left.

"And they didn't even cook dinner for me. Pch." he scoffed before he went to the bathroom to remove his eyeliner. After a while,he came out with a...girl's wig. Usually when he has to go out at this time of the night,he would always crossdress as a girl,reason being cause there were alot of gay erts in his neighbourhood and he almost got by one of them once.

He went to the convenience store and greeted the ahjumma cashier. "Oh Sungji,why are you here so late?" the ahjumma asked as she scanned the cup of ramyun. "Uh...because my school had a halloween event and yeah." Sungjong smiled before he took out some cash from his wallet. If you're asking who's Sungji,then that's simple. Sungjong's female version.

He tore off the seasoning package and poured it onto the ramyun before getting hot water from the store. He sat at the side and waited for his ramyun to cook when suddenly,someone spoke.

"Ya are you Sungjong's twin?"

Sungjong turned to the side and mentally widened his eyes. His eyes trailed down to her ankle,needing to see something to confirm,and when he saw that bandae ankle,he looked back up. "Da hell are you looking at? I asked you,are you Sungjong's twin?" Mi Eun asked. "Yea..." Sungjong said quietly.

"Sungji huh." Mi Eun said. Sungjong just nodded awkwardly,not wanting to get caught that he's actually a cross dresser,well...it's not that he liked it anyways,it was for his own safety,but this girl...he did not trust this girl. "Your brother is such bad luck! We came face to face with a wolf and I got hurt so badly. Tch ." Mi Eun muttered.

Sungjong wanted to yell at her but seeing that how Mi Eun got hurt and he didn't,he kept his mouth shut. "You know...at first when I saw him...I thought he was a nice and cute warm hearted person like what everybody said,guess I was wrong,because he's the total opposite." Mi Eun scoffed. He cleared his throat and spoke a pitch higher. "You know...he was. He changed." he said.

"But how can people change like that?!" Mi Eun exclaimed before she grabbed a chair and raged. "Mi Eun put down the chair." he said. "Wait..." Mi Eun eyed him suspiciously before she put down the chair. "How did you know my name?" she asked.

"Uh...my brother told me. Of course." Sungjong lied. "You know you're cute. Unlike your stupid brother. I like you." Mi Eun said before she put her arm on his shoulder. Don't tell me...she's lesbian...Before Sungjong could speak,his mind flashed back to the scene when Mi Eun fell on top of him...and kissed him. Even though he hated it,he couldn't help but blush.

"What are you blushing about? I'm not a lesbian you know. I like guys." Mi Eun snapped before she retracted her hand. "What kind of guys do you like?" he asked. "Hmmm...someone like Woohyun,but i'm not a typical fangirl that adores him,he's just my ideal type." Mi Eun nodded. That greaseball? EW. Sungjong mentally grimaced.

Before Mi Eun could continue,Yoona barged into the shop. "Ya Nam Mi Eun! Didn't I tell you that you can't move around when you're injured?" Yoona snapped. "But i'm hungry and there's nothing to eat at home." Mi Eun pouted. "But you could wake me up so I could buy it for you." the older one snapped once more before she helped Mi Eun up. "Let's go."

"Isn't that Yoona sunbaenim? The scholar student that graduated from Woollim 5 years ago?" Sungjong muttered. "I heard from Sunggyu hyung that she's an orphan." he mumbled but then snapped to reality. What's the relation between Yoona and Mi Eun? For as far as I know...both of them have different surnames...