Him and Her ; Chapter 4

{{ Angel Wings Portfolio }} --//Of Draft Ideas

Yul walked into the convenience store and harshly grabbed a few packets of chips from the stack. She wasn't in a good mood,reason being because her parents are returning from their business trip,today. "Oh? You're the girl from before." The cashier ahjumma remarked as she scanned the bag of chips. "Excuse me?" Yul muttered. "Oh,it seems that some people were chasing you before that night and a handsome young man brought you in and hid you behind the racks." she said.

Yul squinted her eyes as she tried to recall that night. She could only remember apologizing to a guy when she fell on him,and him,calling out her name. Then she snapped. "It was Myungsoo..." she mumbled as she remembered that she woke up in the Kims apartment only to kick Myungsoo in the face. She paid for the bags of chips and left the store.

 

===

 

Yul knocked on the door once and when he didn't open it,she knocked on it harder. "Ya Jung Daehyun! What are you doing?!" she yelled. After a few minutes of silence,Yul got the keys from the head servant and decided to open the door herself. And what she saw,shocked her. "Daehyun what the ." she cursed. However,her remark was true. Daehyun snapped his gaze towards his older sister and immediately got off the girl he was on. He took his clothes and covered himself before he threw some clothes towards the girl.

"Ga Eun,mianhe." he apologized awkwardly before he pushed her into the bathroom. "You're kidding right?" Yul pinched the bridge of her nose and threw the bag of chips on his table. "Didn't I tell you that appa and umma are coming home today?" she snapped and smacked him on the head;hard. "Didn't I tell you when you're having with your girlfriend,do it at the hotel?!" she exclaimed and smacked the latter's head again.

The door to the bathroom opened and Ga Eun shyly stepped out of it. "Unni." she muttered timidly. "Ya come here." Yul crooked a finger towards her. Ga Eun nervously approached Yul. She was well aware that Yul was a hooligan even though Ga Eun wasn't in the same school. "Can you please remind your boyfriend to do it in the hotel? This house is definitely not appropriate for ." Yul crossed her arms.

"Mianhe unni." she bowed. "Quickly leave,our parents are coming home soon." Yul glared before Ga Eun just ran off. "Ya noona,you scared her!" Daehyun exclaimed,earning another smack on the head. "It would be much more scary if appa and umma caught you having !" Daehyun pouted as he rubbed his head. "Don't pout. It doesn't work on me. Now change the bed sheets." Yul hissed before she left his room.

She quietly looked out of the window before looking at her phone. "Now that i've thought about it,I didn't ask for Myungsoo's number...I wanted to thank him." she sighed again as she went to her walk in wardrobe. She wasn't having a princess life,ironically,her walk in wardrobe is filled with leather jeans,stripped jeans,black tank tops,spiked jackets and so. She wasn't only a hooligan,but she's a tomboy as well,to be exact. She went to the third rack and moved some clothes aside,taking out the hidden item.

Her black guitar.

It has been a while since she last played it. Her parents strongly objected her playing the guitar and she doesn't even know why. The last time she got caught playing it,her parents burnt her guitar to ashes. She remembered seeing Myungsoo's delicate fingers on the guitar the other day. Myungsoo seemed like...him. Suddenly there was a knock on the door,it sure sounded urgent. "Agassi! Chairman and Vice Chairman are outside." Mikyung,the head servant said.

Yul hurriedly hid her guitar behind her clothes and walked out of the closet. She looked at herself in the mirror and tidied up her hair before heading downstairs. She bit her lips as she looked at Daehyun. Her parents coming home,were never good news. They were basically strangers who gave Yul and Daehyun a place to stay,and money.

The door opened and a man in his 40s' came in before a younger woman followed. The servants bowed at them while Yul and Daehyun just bluntly looked at them. "Chairman,vice chairman,welcome home." Yul and Daehyun bowed in unison. "Yul,I heard that you punched Kwon Jinah?" Mr Jung raised an eyebrow. "And I told you guys to call us appa and umma." the woman frowned.

"Yes,I did. Abbeoji." Yul muttered. You don't even act like our parents,so why should I call you appa and umma? Ugh. she inwardly scowled. "Aigoo,Daehyun how are you?" Madam Jung smiled at the boy and pulled him into a hug. Yul felt her heart clench. Even though Daehyun was adopted,both her mother and father doted on Daehyun more,they were biased,she was envious,not jealous,but whatever happens,she still loves her brother.

Daehyun mentally grimaced. Yes,they adopted him,but experiencing a few years in this household was like tasting rubber. It's awful,blunt,quiet and lonely. It's as if he was back in the orphanage,except that he has Yul and Ga Eun now. The woman pulled away and tugged on Mr Jung's sleeves. "Let's go to the study room,we need to discuss about the stocks." she said. "Right..." Mr Jung mumbled,totally forgetting about what he asked Yul a few minutes ago.

After they left,Yul shot them a glare from afar. "Already starting to talk about business right after a business trip. Pathetic." Yul hissed. "I know right." Daehyun sighed. "Are you going to Ga Eun's house? I'm going to take a walk,I don't like being in this stupid hell hole." she rolled her eyes before she casually left the house.

 

===

 

"So how's your internship partner? I heard from Hana that it was Yul." Mr Kim said. Myungsoo looked up from his food as he continued poking his rice with his chopsticks. "Yea." he muttered. "Did she hit you? Is that why you got the bruise?" Mrs Kim asked as she sat beside Myungsoo,examining his almost-faded-away bruise. "No. I fell." he lied. He definitely knew what his parents were going to do if he told them the truth,and since he was Yul's friend,he didn't want to get her in trouble.

The door bell ring,making the 3 of them jerk their gaze towards the door in alarm. "It must be Hana." Mrs Kim smiled as she walked towards the door,opening it to reveal Hana in a hoodie and jeans. "Annyeonghaseyo Mr Kim,Mrs Kim." Hana bowed and greeted politely. "Annyeong oppa,since you're still eating,I can wait for you in the room." Hana smiled before she went into Myungsoo's room.

Both of them were quite close,and Hana often visits them and have a chat with Myungsoo for a while,about school,about instruments and so. However,this particular day,Myungsoo didn't feel like talking to her. He finished the bowl and immediately went into his room. "Oppa." Hana grinned gleefully when Myungsoo came in. "So how's your day?" she asked.

"Boring." Myungsoo replied shortly before he sat on the bed. "Why did you tell my dad that Yul is my internship partner?" he asked straightforwardly. "Uh...because she's dangerous,and I thought I ought to let your parents know about this." Hana shrugged. "Hana,I know we're close,but..." Myungsoo stopped and leaned into her face,making her heart beat faster than normal. "W-what are you d-doing?" she stuttered.

He pulled away and nodded his head,getting the reaction he wanted. "You like me don't you?" he asked,making Hana widen her eyes. "Uh,no? Oppa! Why would you say such a thing? We're-..." she laughed before she got cut off.

"Don't deny it Hana. I think it's better to let you know how I feel about you now. I think we should stay as close friends,I'm sorry,but I just can't...feel the same for you." Myungsoo said quietly. Hana's heart dropped when she heard that. "Ah...it's okay,I don't expect you to accept me anyways." she laughed awkwardly,biting her lips to prevent her from breaking down. "I think I better leave first,i'll see you tomorrow oppa. Bye." she said and huriedly left the apartment.

Myungsoo let a soft sigh escape from his lips before he opened his laptop. He immediately received a video call afterwards and he accepted it. "Dongsaeng ah dongsaeng! You're late today." Sunggyu said as he tapped on his watch. "Mianhe hyung. I had to deal something with Hana." Myungsoo smiled apologeticly before he heard a peculiar laugh in the background.

"Is that Dongwoo hyung?" Myungsoo raised an eyebrow. "Ya Dongwoo! Say hi to Myungsoo!" Sunggyu pulled Dongwoo in front of the cam. "Hey Myungsoo,how's your day going?" he asked as he held a dinosaur plushie beside his face. "Ugh,boring." Myungsoo made a face. Dongwoo has been Sunggyu's roommate ever since he went to America to study. You didn't know how relieved Sunggyu was when he heard that his roommate was also a korean.

"By the way,Myungsoo WE'RE COM-..." Sunggyu harshly covered Dongwoo's mouth with his hand. "Nothing Myungsoo." Sunggyu laughed awkwardly before he pushed Dongwoo away. Myungsoo just shrugged as he leaned on his palms. "Hyung,are you coming home soon?" Myungsoo asked. "Soon dongsaeng,soon. Don't worry okay?" Sunggyu smiled warmly.

"So how are you and Yul doing? You still didn't tell me how you got that bruise at the side of your face though." Sunggyu crossed his arms like an ahjumma. "Yul kicked me in the face." Myungsoo said bluntly. "What?! Why?!" Sunggyu yelled,causing Myungsoo to flinch. "Hyung,relax. It was probably because she misunderstood me." he said.

"Uh-huh."

"Because I was taking a walk one night and she was drunk,she fell on me and some guys were chasing her,and so I hid her in the convenience store,brought her home because I can't leave her on the streets,made porridge for her but when she woke up all of a sudden,baam,I got kicked in the face,it was lucky that I placed the bowl of porridge on the table before that leg could make contact with my face." Myungsoo explained.

"You brought her home?" Sunggyu raised an eyebrow,earning a nod from the latter. Then she must've remembered...Sunggyu thought silently. "Then at school,she apologized for kicking me. And funny thing was,we became friends. She was nicer than I thought,I wonder why the students are so terrified of her when she's quite nice towards me. Even if she feels guilty for kicking my face,I didn't think she would be that nice." Myungsoo shrugged.

She remembers...Sunggyu sighed. "I'm tired. I'll talk to you tomorrow okay? Love you bro. Bye." and with that,the video call ended. "What the...I didn't even get to say bye." Myungsoo muttered as he slammed his laptop shut.

Myungsoo grabbed his hoodie and went to the convenience store downstairs. He grabbed a bottle of orange juice and paid for it before sitting at the table. "YA STOP WHINING!" someone shouted abruptly,causing Myungsoo to flinch and choke a little on his juice at the same time. "What the...why shout at this hour?" Myungsoo grimaced as he patted his chest.

"Daehyun,shut up. I told you to go to Ga Eun's house just now didn't I? But you chose to stay at home to play your stupid video games. You deserved to get stuck as an assistant for abbeoji." the person stuck her tongue out towards the phone. "Go and continue your 'job',i'm eating." she said and hung up,putting her phone back into her pocket.

Myungsoo squinted his eyes but he couldn't see her face because her back was facing him. Just when he was about to get up,she got up at the same time,losing her balance over their collided chairs and spilled the soup all over Myungsoo's hoodie. His jaw dropped as he looked at her.

"Oh my god. I am so sorry..."

The one thing that Myungsoo hates the most,in the entire world was getting things spilled on his hoodie,not to mention his favorite hoodie. At that moment he didn't really care whether she was his friend or not. He just yelled.

"YA JUNG YUL!"