A Sugarcoated Ice Prince ; Chapter 1

{{ Angel Wings Portfolio }} --//Of Draft Ideas

He is not what he looks like...

He's the real ice prince that people mistook for a cutie.

 


 

Infinite walked down the hallway as girls swooned over their handsomeness. What are they? A kingka at Woollim High of course. And probably what you're expecting is a cliche high school love story,well yeah,it's partially like that. Here's something else,never judge a book by it's cover. "Look at that ice stare from L!" the girls exclaimed as if they were highly infactuated with him. L turned to the girls and gave them his signature smirk,making them fall on the ground from their wobbly legs.

"Sungjong show us your aegyo!" one of the girls exclaimed excitedly. Sungjong,as usual,pulled a cute face which almost sent the senior girls over the moon. He did a peace sign and smiled cutely before he turned back his gaze to the front. Hoya stepped forth and did some random dance move,making the girls more crazier. But soon enough,the teachers dismissed the girls through the P.A system,aware that Infinite wasn't able to pass through.

One girl perhaps hasn't went back to class,practically because she was late. She stopped in front of Sungjong and starred at him. "Um...excuse me please...I'm late." and with that line,you knew that she wasn't one of those typical fangirls,she was just a normal high schooler that doesn't give two s to the popular people in her school. Since the 7 membered kingka group was blocking the whole width of the hallway,she couldn't find anywhere else to squeeze through them.

Sungjong inwardly scoffed before he bumped into her shoulder,hard,as he walked past her. "Ya! Aren't you going to apologize?" she yelled furiously. She doesn't care who,but she hates people who are arrogant,especially boys who act like a jerk. Sungjong pathetically laughed. "Oh no,he's at it again." Hoya whispered to L. Sungjong walked over to her,leaned in and slammed his hand beside her face.

"Why should I?" he asked coldly. "Well because you bumped into me,like duh." the girl rolled her eyes. Before she could push him away,he leaned in closer. "What's your name." he whispered,sending shivers down her spine. "I have a nametag you idiot." she murmurred before she shoved him away roughly. He glanced at her name tag just before she could turn away. 'Mi Eun'. "I don't know what these girls see in you anyways,you sugarcoated ice prince." Mi Eun snapped before she went into her class.

As far as they know,the real ice prince isn't L,it was Sungjong.

"She's right." Sunggyu nodded. Sungjong couldn't help but laugh pathetically at that girl again. This was the first time he's encountering anyone like this. Sure he kept his cute image for as long as possible,not many knows about his cold nature except for Infinite and a few girls that pissed him off,and when they did,they cried when Sungjong scared them. Such wusses. But he had to admit,that Mi Eun girl was different.

"Sungjong no one would've thought that you were Infinite's ice prince." Woohyun shook his head. "That's cause I have a cute image. Like what that said,i'm a sugarcoated ice prince." Sungjong said coolly. Dongwoo mentally cringed when Sungjong cursed,he liked it when Sungjong was being cute and all,but cursing doesn't really seemed like his forte. Was Sungjong just trying to fit in the bad boy image,or was he originally like this? No one knows,not even Infinite.

 

===

 

"Since halloween is coming,our school will be doing a special horror event,just for you guys!" the headmaster said over the mic in excitement. "The school will be designed like those scary scenes in horror movies,and there is a horror survival game for all of you! Each of you will be attached with a scream detector and those who screams above the limit,loses! Now isn't that exciting?" the headmaster continued.

"But sad to say,these are only for the juniors because the seniors don't have time to have fun,your finals is coming. Furthermore,you will pick your survival partner,yourself!" he said,earning cheers from half the hall. "With a 'lucky draw'." he continued,the cheers immediately turned into groans. The neighbour classes,2/2 and 2/3,wrote their names on the piece of paper and crushed them before throwing it in the tin.

The homeroom teachers shook the tin before they opened it again,letting the students take it. Mi Eun lazily reached her hand and grabbed the first paper she touched. She uncrumpled it and groaned when she saw who she picked. "Who did you get?" Krystal nudged her from behind. "The ice prince in disguise." Mi Eun muttered before Krystal snatched the paper away from her. "Wah! It's Lee Sungjong! You should be happy!" Krystal exclaimed.

Should I really? Mi Eun inwardly scoffed. "Yay." she sarcastically cheered with a straight face on. "And what's with the ice prince in disguise? I can't even imagine Sungjong being cold." Krystal mumbled. Oh you'll be shocked alright. Mi Eun thought. "Now the perfect pairs are..." the teacher said and waited for the imaginary drumroll.

"Mi Eun from class 2/2 and Sungjong from class 2/3. Myungsoo from class 2/3 and Krystal from class 2/2." the teachers announced. Krystal's jaw dropped and she gripped onto Mi Eun's hands tightly to prevent herself from screaming,on the other hand,Mi Eun was mentally cursing. ,if we weren't a perfect pair there would still be a chance for me not to get paired up with that cold jerk. this man. 

As the teachers continued to announce the perfect pairs,Sungjong turned his head and looked at Mi Eun,they were both practically burning holes into each other with their glare.

 

===

 

The halloween event came and the students began dressing up in costumes,but however,some stayed in their school uniform,lazy to rent a costume or do stupid scary make up and so. Mi Eun,feeling that it was too plain to wear a school uniform,and having no idea what costume to wear,she simply wore her stripped skinny jeans,a black leather jacket and eyelined her eyes. She straightened her hair and let her side bangs cover one eye.

Krystal was in a dazzlingly short white dress with a white hat on. "What are you suppose to be?" Mi Eun asked. Krystal smirked as she took out a white hat from no where,and placed it on her head. "The mysterious fairy." she said in a monotone voice. Mi Eun rolled her eyes at her bestfriend,finding it a little weird. "And what are you suppose to be?" Krystal asked back. "Nothing." she said bluntly. "Nothing?" Krystal arched an eyebrow.

"Yeah,nothing." Mi Eun repeated,earning an understanding nod from Krystal. As the second hand hits 12,it's already 7 pm,but before the 2 girls could leave for the auditorium,people started screaming,not because they were scared,hell no. It was because Infinite arrived. Mi Eun pinched the bridge of her nose in annoyance before she ran into the hallway,wanting to go to the auditorium before it gets crowded again.

Then she laughed.

Out of the screaming fangirls,she laughed.

L was basically a vampire,Dongwoo was a clown,Sungyeol was dressed like a kindergarten kid,Sunggyu was dressed in a kakashi(yes he's from Naruto) cosplay and practically looks like an old man with that fake silver hair. Surprisingly Hoya is a wolverine,Woohyun is a--Nobody knows what he is,he's just wearing a black outfit that looks like a dress and a samurai sword--Oh right! It's bleach. And Sungjong's just wearing a plain black t-shirt with a velvet red leather jacket and black stripped jeans--wait...WHAT?!

Mi Eun looked at her own outfit and then looked at Sungjong's again. I would rather die than to be mistaken as his girlfriend. WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?! She bit her lips as she tried to find a solution,but all the fangirls were already starting to stare at Mi Eun and her outfit. "Ya,are you and Sungjong a couple?" one of the fangirls nudged her. "NO." Mi Eun denied firmly before she scrammed back to class.

She looked around and saw Krystal looking in the mirror as she fixed her hair. "KRYSTAL LET'S EXCHANGE COSTUMES." Mi Eun yelled frantically. "What? Why?" she furrowed her eyebrows. "Please." the latter begged but before Krystal could even approved,she got pushed into the bathroom.

A while later,the 2 came out,Mi Eun with the stupid looking fairy costume and Krystal with Mi Eun's. "Oh gosh...this is so embarrassing." Mi Eun covered her face as people starred at her exposed skin. "You told me to exchange!" Krystal yelled. "And I basically made this costume,by myself!" she continued. "Okay,sorry sorry." Mi Eun mumbled. They quickly made their way to the auditorium.

"Krystal,Mi Eun,you're late." the headmaster said through the mic,making the students in the hall,look at them. Shut the up old man! Do you have to announce that?! Mi Eun mentally cursed before she shielded her face from the stares.

After much embarrassment,the 2 finally settled in their row. "Okay,Year 1 students and Year 2 students have different venues. So let's say that Year 2 students have the scarier one." the bald headmaster chuckled through the mic. After much of a briefing session,the Year 1 students was dismissed to their venue by their teachers. "Okay classes,let's start with perfect pair number 1 okay?" the teacher clasped her hand together as she smiled.

"Mi Eun and Sungjong." she said. Mi Eun reluctantly stood up and walked towards the teacher to get instructions while Sungjong just starred at her weirdly. What the hell is she wearing? I didn't know she was this type of person...he mentally mumbled as he glanced at her from head to toe. "Here's the list of the things that you must find in order to win." the teacher passed us a piece of red paper. Mi Eun nodded and turned to Sungjong,only to find him staring at her intensely.

What are you starring at ? she mentally said. Like telepathy,he began to scoff. You look like a duck. Mi Eun rolled her eyes. You look like a chicken. Before they could continue their telepathy battle,the teacher waved her hand in front of them. "Hello? You can go now?" she said.

The 2 went to their venue,only to be blocked by a pitch dark tunnel. "Do we really have to go through this?" he mumbled. "Why? Are you scared?" Mi Eun smirked. "Tch,as if." he rolled his eyes before he went in the tunnel. Sungjong felt for the walls as Mi Eun did the same,not noticing that they're actually quite close to each other.

Suddenly,something swiftly pushed Mi Eun,causing her to fall sidewards(to Sungjong),only to get shoved back into her original position. "Gee. Thanks." she said sarcastically. "Your welcome."

The tunnel seemed longer than expected and they soon reached an open space,which was still pitch dark. Strange sounds started to echo and movements were felt. Suddenly something pushed Mi Eun again,causing her to fall onto Sungjong,with a greater impact this time,Sungjong didn't manage to shove her away,instead fell on the ground with her on top.

"Ugh,what the hell." he mumbled. He felt that his lips was pressed against something and it was hard to move his mouth. "Ya get off me." he mumbled again,not knowing what was pressed against his lips. "Ouch..." Mi Eun groaned as she rubbed the spot where she got pushed roughly. Sungjong found it weird how her voice was so close and how the thing that was pressed against his lips moved when she spoke,it's as if--he widened his eyes in the dark.

Don't tell me...his heart began to beat faster in panic and then there was a flash,probably a camera's flash and within that one milisecond,Sungjong saw Mi Eun right on top of him,her lips on his.