Him and Her ; Chapter 1

{{ Angel Wings Portfolio }} --//Of Draft Ideas

As he reached the main entrance of Jungdae,he looked around,seeing students exit the cars,mostly black and mostly Royces',however,one porche zoomed to the entrance with it's loud engine,attracting everyone's attention. A female exit the car,only to earn scowls from the students looking at her. She had a particularly short hair,something like a boys' hairstyle,she looked around 5'4 and had her bagpack slung on one shoulder. After she disappeared into the gates,the students dropped their glares and made their way inside as well.

Warding off the thought,he made his way inside the general office. "Hello,i'm a transfer student which is sponsered by Eun Sang Ki." he said quietly. "Eun Sang Ki?" the clerk repeated as she dug through the document files and took out one specific one before giving the boy another good look. "We have someone that will give you a tour around the school,please wait outside." the clerk said.

He quietly left the general office and waited patiently outside. "Hello there!" a gleeful exclaim came from the back. He turned around only to see a smiling guy,cheerful to be specific,walking towards him. "I guess you're the new transfer student huh." he stuck out his hand for a handshake. "My name's Sungjong." The other boy quietly accepted the handshake and gave a small smile. "My name is Kim Myungsoo." "Shall we start the tour then?"

 

===

 

"This is the painting made from one of Jungdae's successors. His name was Im Jo Ri,he died 10 years back,so you can imagine how old is the school right now." Sungjong turned to Myungsoo and smiled. "You mean THE Im Jo Ri?" Myungsoo raised an eyebrow,earning a nod from the latter. "Wow." he remarked,surprised that the famous artiste came from Jungdae.

Sungjong pushed the glass door,revealing an open sheltered swimming pool;olympic size. There were a few students there,chatting and so. "So this is the school's swimming pool,they hold annual swimming competitions and sometimes even carnivals here." Sungjong spoke as he went in further. Myungsoo nodded as he squinted his eyes from the sunlight. Everything was peaceful,until a loud splash echoed.

"This is why you should never mess with me,you damn ." the girl with long straight hair,spat at the girl in the swimming pool,the two other girls beside her nodded furiously as they glared at the girl. "Who's that?" Myungsoo asked.

"Kwon Jinah. She's like the queen of the school,reason being cause' she's the headmaster's daughter." Sungjong shrugged. "Who's the other girl?" Myungsoo asked again. "The one in the pool? Jung Yul. Jungdae's official female hooligan." Sungjong said as he sat down on one of the chairs under the shade. "Official female hooligan?" he raised an eyebrow as he slowly tug his way to the girl. "Hey,are you okay there?" Myungsoo asked as he reached his hand out. She simply ignored him and got up from the swimming pool,blood boiling in her.

She downright barged her way to Jinah,gripped on her hair;hard and pulled her towards the swimming pool. Instead of a slap,she gave Jinah a good punch across the face before kicking her into the swimming pool. "You shouldn't mess with me either you stuck up ." Yul snapped as she walked off,wet from head to toe.

Myungsoo was just bewildered. It was the first time in his life that he has seen a girl act like that.

 

===

 

"Please explain why both of you are soaking wet and also the reason why Jinah has a big bruise on her lips." the headmaster demanded as he eyed the two soaking wet females. "Why do you care about it? You're gonna support your daughter anyways." Yul scoffed. "That's true. But I would still like to know why." he said.

"Well Jinah pushed me in the pool just cause I owned her little pretty there." Yul scowled as she glared at Jinah. "And so?" he looked at Yul attentively. "You should know me. Of course I would get up and push her down the pool." she said matter-of-factly. "Okay then. Clean the windows for a week. Jinah,I will be dealing with you,at home." the headmaster said sternly. "Both of you,get out of my office."

"Nice work there,Jung Yul-.." Yul put her hand in front of Jinah's face. "Talk to the hand."

"Why you-..." Yul smirked and cut her off. "Are you done? Just cause I got confronted by your oh-so-goodie father,it doesn't mean I don't dare to punch you again,in front of his office." she scowled once more before walking off.


===

 

"Everyone,we have a new transfer student." the teacher said bluntly and crooked a finger at Myungsoo. He walked in and faced the class. "Annyeonghaseyo. I'm Kim Myungsoo." he bowed. "You can sit next to Sungyeol." the teacher said before she turned back to the board. Confused,Myungsoo look for the empty seat. "Hey bro,here." the guy at the back raised his hand. He walked to the empty seat at the corner and placed his bag down. "Nice to meet you,bro." Sungyeol smiled as he put his hand out for a handshake. People here likes to shake hands,I see. Myungsoo thought silently as he shook Sungyeol's hand. "Nice to meet you too."

Just a few moments after,the short haired brunette entered the class,finally dried up. "Jung Yul,why are you so late?" the teacher demanded as she turned to her. "And you care because...oh right,you don't. So ask the damn head master." Yul scoffed before she went to her seat at the other corner of the class.

Myungsoo couldn't help but stare at Yul. She was definitely different from the other girls,but the question was,why? "Hey,you interested in Jung Yul?" Sungyeol whispered. "Huh?" Myungsoo snapped his gaze towards Sungyeol. "She's a tough nut to crack,one wrong move and you'd get hit down there." he warned. "Oh..." Myungsoo mumbled.

"Okay class,for the benefit of the new transfer student,i'm going to explain things once more. Tomorrow,all of you are suppose to experience a little about internship. Be it law,writing and such. But first,I am going to form pairs." the teacher said,earning groans all over the class.

"Sungyeol and Jinah." she said. Hearing this,Sungyeol slapped his forehead in frustration. "Eunji and Hoya." the two looked at each other and high fived. The teacher continued on with the list and it was finally the last pair.

"Myungsoo and Yul."

Everybody snapped their gaze towards Myungsoo. "Oh my gosh,he's so unlucky." one of them whispered as they continued staring at him. "Becareful there buddy." Sungyeol placed his hand on Myungsoo's shoulder. He turned slowly towards Yul at the other corner,only to see her glare piercing towards him.

She's just a girl,what can she do? He thought silently as he continued to stare back into her piercing glare.

 

===

 

Myungsoo silently walked back home as he thought about Yul. Sure,she's pretty,but different. Probably she won't be that bad,right? As long as he doesn't offend her in any way,she wouldn't hit him or something...right? He ruffled his own hair in frustration before he trudged up the stairs.

"Myungsoo ah,how's the first day of school?" his dad smiled at him before he settled more dishes on the table. "Okay." Myungsoo nodded bluntly before settling on the chair. "Myungsoo,you need to talk to them,don't stay quiet." his mum put her hand on his shoulder and gave him a worried look. "Okay." Myungsoo nodded again.

After eating dinner,Myungsoo immediately went to his room and switched on his computer. Exactly at 7pm sharp,he would video call with his older brother everyday,since he was currently studying in America. "Sunggyu hyung,are you coming back soon?" he asked as he picked up his guitar. "I'm not sure. So Myungsoo,how's the first day of school?" Sunggyu asked gleefully.

"Not that bad. I found out that Jungdae has an official female hooligan." Myungsoo inwardly scoffed at that pathetic title. "Jung Yul?" Sunggyu raised an eyebrow over the video call. "How did you know?" he asked. "Uh,no reason." Sunggyu lightly chuckled before yawning. "So she's that famous,huh." Myungsoo mumbled as he continued to tune his guitar.

"Are you going to treat her like how the other kids do?" Sunggyu asked. "You mean offend her and disturb her? You know i'm not that kind of person. Besides,I got paired up with her for some internship experience." Myungsoo said,still looking at his guitar strings. He turned the end one more time before giving it a good strum. "Done." he smiled,his dimples revealing.

"That's right,be nice to her. It's been a while since someone's ever nice to her." Sunggyu gave a small smile. Myungsoo snapped his gaze towards the cam. "Do you know something?" he said as he eyed his older brother suspiciously. "Aniya. It's just that,she's famous ya know." he grunted,rubbing his eyes. "Hyung,you're a mountain tortoise,you didn't even know when Nell had a new album. You knew Yul before right?" Myungsoo asked again.

"I already said I didn't!" Sunggyu denied again. "Anyways,i'm going to sleep."

That fast? Myungsoo let a soft sigh escape his lips as he smiled at his brother. "Okay then. Have a good night sleep,hyung. Bye!" he waved at the cam before closing the call.

Myungsoo played with his guitar for a while before sighing again. He didn't really have a particular goal in his life,he wasn't that close to his parents,only to his brother which left for America 5 years ago. But sometimes,Sunggyu would visit Korea and Myungsoo would visit America. It's still a wonder,how they are so close,yet so far.

He grabbed his hoodie and left the room. "Appa,umma,i'm just going to take a walk downstairs." he said before he left the house. He shuddered in his long sleeved hoodie as the cold attacked the expose skin of his neck. "There is drunk people everywhere." he mumbled as he looked around. He was about to enter the convenience store when he felt a body being thrown towards him.

He fell on his shoulder and hissed before looking up. "Mianhe!" the drunk girl giggled before she fell on the ground next to him.

Finally taking a closer look at her face,he widened his eyes.

"Jung Yul?"