Christmas Day

12 Days of Christmas (Wish List)

Ordinary me received a gift given by fate,

Everyday, I pray to heaven

That I may be blessed

So devout were my prayers

That you are my gift

 

tumblr_mwdxtx9dey1sdyylfo6_250.pngphoto 87b903db-c13f-4e02-803e-0960b32162fd_zpsb4e1a315.jpg

Lay x Krystal

Christmas Day - EXO M

trans used from exom-trans.tumblr.com

(c) @kyungshy for lay icon


Morning commenced, the 8AM sun rays cascading across the bed where a couple lay together pressed against each other's warm embrace. Soojung was the first to be hit by the light as she was positioned facing the window. She knows she has to wake up earlier than Yixing but she ignored the sense of responsibility in order to snuggle her head on her fiance's soft chest and also to block off the light from her sight.

"Good morning, Jung." His chest rumbled a sweet bedroom voice surprising Soojung.

Soojung smiled, an appreciative one, because it is only often of Yixing to wake up earlier than her but that small involuntary action always makes her feel special in a way that she feels protected and nurtured in the easy mornings that come with inextricable cozy embraces and cuddling.

But today was special. Today was Christmas Day. Of all days, she even felt more special because of the bliss the season entailed for them to experience.

She opened her eyes and was met by a dimple-revealing grin from Yixing.

"Merry Christmas, Honey," he greets chuckling.

She bared her teeth at him in gladness, shifted her body moving up to reach his face and leaned in to his lips to give him a morning kiss.

"Merry Christmas too, Honey," she giggles, fingers delicately tracing his jaw.

He interlocked her fingers in his and led them to his lips giving each digit a gentle peck, warm breath hovering over them in which he managed to make her laugh, one that filled the whole room in glee.

"Should I go make us some coffee?" Soojung offered.

Yixing agrees with an unfaltering smile and he stretched his arms over his head before getting up, encouraging his fiance to do the same.

Soojung wastes no time in preparing them coffee as she ran to the kitchen before Yixing got there. She clumsily took out the bag of coffee beans from the cupboard. Yixing silently observed her. Amused at her ways, he can't help but grin widely, his deep dimple peeking at her again. Soojung remained silent but the blush coloring her cheeks was enough evidence of her embarassment; her fiance thinks she's getting cuter by the second.

He finds himself heading to the living room, a reflective and grateful spirit overwhelming him in an instant.

The keyboard at the center of the living room caught his attention and something about how it is placed there, with the window clad in shear curtain emanating a soft glow over it, makes it an ephemeral object.

He approached the keyboard slowly with a fathomless gaze of adoration; his slender fingers subtly feeling the keys with joy unspeakable.

He decides to turn it on and play with it, an easy and delightful melody coming across his mind that he used to play for his parent’s anniversary. He thinks it should help Soojung prepare their coffee in ease.

As he played, he entertained thoughts of love, joy, and peace with the woman he adores in order to fill the melody with more than just emotion. He brings their love story into the melody to turn it into a piece of beauty defined irrationally.

Soojung, with two mugs in her hands, pads her way to him stepping in tune to the song that has gone simpler and slower than the first half of it. She lets that image of Yixing sink in her soul, thanking the heavens for a wonderfully gifted angel such as him to be her fiancé.

When the song ended, Soojung placed their mugs at the coffee table before rounding her way to him, but he beat her to it when Yixing was suddenly so close to her. She slightly gasped at his sudden appearance but the shock did not prolong any further when the second Yixing stared into her eyes, all she could do was mirror his action. They simultaneously broke the stare by smiling genuinely at each other because words were not able to express what they truly felt, and they meld into a heartwarming embrace with the infinite perception that they are both each other’s answer to their devout prayers.