Tell Me You Love Me

Tell Me You Love Me

Three months. 

Three months is all it took to send Tao spiraling back into the hole he had crawled out from.

After their first date, he and Kris were inseparable. They spent every waking moment together, always doing everything they could to see each other, and the more time Tao spent with him, the more he found himself getting closer and closer to the older male. 

That's what scared Tao. 

He had opened up enough to Kris to let him know he had emotional instability. That he could never stay attached to someone for very long because he couldn't trust him. Yet Kris had stayed with him. 

How was it possible for Kris to know all these things about him, and still stay with him? Tao thought that he would leave him the second he revealed that small detail about himself, but he didn't. He simply pulled Tao into his arms, kissing I'm deeply and saying, "It's alright." 

Was it alright? 

Was it okay to push people away from you? To keep them at arms length, and if they did the slightest thing wrong, throw them away like yesterday's dinner? In Zitao's mind it seemed that it was alright, but on his heart he knew it was wrong.

Tao had been standing on his balcony, deep in his thoughts, and didn't hear Kris join him. He jumped slightly when he felt arms wrap around him. "What are you thinkig about?" Kris asked, trying to get Tao to open up to him. It was obvious that something had been bothering him lately, but he wouldn't tell Kris.

Tao placed his hands over the top of Kris'. "Nothing." He answered, leaning back against Kris' broad chest. The older sighed, knowing that this was another part of Tak he was discovering. He found that the boy was very reserved, trying to handle his problems on his own. "I wish you would talk to me." Kris said, kissing the exposed skin on Tao's neck. "You know you can tell me anything." He hoped his words would be enough to get him to open up, but no such luck.

"I'm fine Kris." He said, stepping out of the taller's embrace turning to face him. "Don't worry about me." He said, patting his cheeks. "Nothing's wrong." Kris nodded, leaning in to place a gentle kiss on the other's lips. "Alright, if you say so." Tao quickly exited, going back inside his home.

"Bull ." Kris muttered, knowing something was up. What it was, he didn't know, but he was sure as hell not going to let it ruin his and Tao's relationship.

~*~

"Huang Zitao, open this God damn door, right now!" Kris bellowed. Tao jumped hearing the loud sound. He had been at home watching TV when the loud banging started on his door. 

He hesitantly got up and walked to his door, opening it to let his fuming boyfriend in. He kinda wished he hadn't. Kris looked pissed. "Hi." He said in a small voice. Kris' glare intensified. "Why have you been ignoring my calls?" He asked, walking past Tao into the small apartment. 

Tao closed the door behind him, following him into the living room where he was taking his coat off. "I've just been busy." He mumbled, going over to the couch. 

"Bull ." Kris spat, staring holes into Tao's skull. Tao's head jerked up at him, "Excuse me?" He asked, his boyfriend had never been so forcefully with that kind of language. Kris walked over and stood in front of him. "Bull ing ." He said, leaning down to Tao's level. 

"I want the truth right now, Tao." He said, placing both his hands on Tao's thighs. The younger fidgeted under his touch, but didn't make him move. "I just didn't want to see you, I'm sorry." Kris' expression softened, turning from anger to sadness. "Do you not want to be with me anymore?" He asked, hurt lacing his voice.

Tao shook his head, standing up. "Yes....no...maybe....I don't know! I just needed some time away from you to think." He said, standing up and walking to his room. Kris' blood boiled. How could he be saying this? Kris knew he had issues but he never bought them up. "Why can't you tell me what's wrong?!" He yelled, calling Tao's attention. The younger whirled around to face him. "Nothing is wrong, I just needed to be alone!" He walked away from him again.

"Zitao, don't shut me out!" Kris screamed, trying to get the frantic boy to calm down. The younger stared at him with wide eyes. "How do you expect me not to?! You know that I have a hard time trusting people, and I can't help it! Shutting people out is what I do best!" He yelled back, stomping his way to his bedroom. Kris trailed after him like a lion stalking it's prey.

 
Tao slammed his bedroom door in the older male's face. Kris was able to open the door before he could lock it. "Zitao, you've ignored me for three days, I can't stand it!" He pushed his way in, cornering Tao against the wall. "Just leave Kris! I can't handle this!" He screamed, trying to wiggle away from him. "I don't know what I want anymore, and you presuring me is not helping!"
 
Kris slammed his hands on both sides of Tao's head. "Why have you been ignoring me?" He asked, exasperated. Tao shook his head. "No, I don't want to talk about it." He said, trying to break free from him. He felt his tears begging to break free fromhis eyes, but he refused to let them fall. He always thought it was a sign of weakness for people to cry, and he had cried enough in his lifetime.
 
Kris cupped his face, forcing him to look at him. "There's a reason, and I'm going to tell you since you won't say it." he got very close to Tao's face. "You're scared. You are scared less because I'm the first person you've ever truly gotten close to, and it terrifies you. You pushed me awa from you because you don't want to get hurt." His gaze bore holes into Tao's as he spoke.
 
"Admit it," he paused. "You love me." Tao's eyes opened wide.
 
No. He didn't love people, he didn't love anyone. He couldn't. Because he couldn't trust anyone. He could never actually love someone, not with the life he'd lived. His parents didn't love him, his grandparents harldly paid attention to him, and every boyfriend he'd ever had had left him. No. He didn't love anyone.
 
"I don't love anyone." He whispered, watching the hurt look go across Kris' face. The older male then glared at Tao, pulling him forward. He pressed his lips firmly against his, savoring the sweet taste like it would be his last. He tried to convey his feelings into that one kiss.
 
"Then explain that." He said as he pulled away. "Explain why you always call me when you're upset. Why you kiss me. Why you're even with me. Why you shut me out the minute you felt like you were getting to close to me." Tao's eyes watered hearing the words leave Kris' mouth.
 
Kris gently wiped away the tears as they cascaded down the younger boy's face. "Tao," he called, focusing the younger on his eyes again. "Tell me you love me." Tao's body trembled, begging to say this words. Words that he had never felt were true. Until he met Kris.
 
"I..." He began, but the tears just kept falling. Kris kissed his lips, not needing him to go any further, he knew the younger loved him, just by the way he looked at him. "Those little voices," he said, kissing his way down Tao's neck. "Don't listen to them. Listen to me." He pulled Tao off the wall, sitting him down on the bed.
 
He quickly kissed Tao again before the yougner could say anything. "You need to understand, that I'm not going anywhere. Even if you lie to me and tell me you don't love me, even if you push me away, I'm going to fight to keep you." He ran his fingers through Tao's hair, wiping his eyes again. "I love you," he said, gently pecking his lips. "And that means, you're mine. I'm not like the others. I will never leave you."
 
Tao didn't need to think anymore. He threw his arms around Kris' neck, kissing deeply. "I..." He started again, getting choked on his sobs. "I love you..." he whispered. The older pulled him into his lap, holding him close and letting him cry, knowing that every thing would be alright.
 
No matter what they would go through, or where they would go, they would always be together.