Stranger

Tell Me You Love Me

Tao sat on the large park bench, alone, as usual. It was a beautiful day to come out and take pictures for his next asignment.

He held his camera up, focusing the lens on different scenes around him. Children playing with their friends, an elderly couple sitting under a tree enjoying the summer day, and finally a tall young man, walking by him. Tao stopped clicking pictures as he saw the man coming closer to him. That was odd. No one ever approached him. 

Tao was a loner. Living his life as a nobody in peace, keeping to himslef. Tao had a lot of trust issues, and he didn't make friends that easily. 

"Excuse me," the deep voice said, speaking to Tao. "Is this seat taken?" He asked, gesturing to the empty spot next to Tao. The young Chinese boy shook his head, watching as the stranger sat next to him. 

"Beautiful day isn't it?" He asked, shielding his eyes from the sun as he looked around, his gaze settling on Tao. Tao nodded, taking his camera, and looking through the pictures he'd already taken, deleting the ones that were either no good, or out of focus. After cleaning out his camera, he held it up again, ignoring the man's presence as he took picures.

"So you like photography?" The man asked, calling Tao out of his trance. He nodded, going back to his work. "How long have you been doing it?" He asked, still distracting Tao. There was no way he could answer this question with a simple nod, or shake of the head.

He sat his camera in his lap before he responded. "Since my sophomore year of high school." He said, fixing the cap over the lens, seeing as he would get no work done with the stranger around. Said stranger, nodded his head, scooting a little closer to Tao.

"I'm Yifan," he said extending his hand. "But most people call me Kris." Tao nodded shaking his hand. "Zitao. I go by Tao." Kris smiled hearing his name. "Tao," He said it like he was in deep thought about him. "I like that name." He said, giving Tao a toothy smile. Tao noticed that Kris had a beautiful smile, along with beautiful eyes. Everything about him seemed to scream beauty. He looked like he had jumped out of a Japanese manga book.

He had honey blonde hair that was jus a little bit shaggy, gorgeousness chocolate brown eyes, and if he stared at that smile to long, Tao was sure he would go blind.

"So, Tao, are you still in high shool?" He asked, turning a little to face him. Tao shook his head. "No, I'm in college now." Kris nodded. "Same here. What year are you?" He asked. Tao was beginning to think that he sat down next to him just to talk to him, not to look at the park.

"Junior." Tao replied, putting his camera away in his bag. Kris' jaw dropped. "No kidding, I'm a senior." He said, chuckling slightly. Tao gave him a small smile. "That's nice." He said, taking out his phone. When he looked at the time, he noticed he needed to hurry to make it to his next class. "Ah, I need to get going." He said, standing, shouldering his bag. "It was nice meeting you." He said, beginning to walk away.

"Wait," Kris said, grabbing his arm. "I don't mean to be forward but, here." He handed him a slip of paper. Tao looked at it, seeing it was a list of numbers. "What is this?" He asked stupidly. Kris smiled, looking at Tao then the paper. "That's my number." He said. 

Tao nodded before sticking the slip of paper in his pocket. "I hope you'll use it sometime." Kris said, a slight wishing in his tone of voice. Tao began to walk away, giving him a slight wave. 

"Maybe I might."

~*~

Tao didn't date. He'd never been on a date, let alone asked out on one. And when he decided to give that number that Kris gave him a call a few days later, he hadn't expected what the older male had asked him.

"So are you busy on Saturday night?" He had asked, waiting patiently for Tao's reply. The youger stood in his small apartment living room, trying to think of something better than, 'Yes, I'm watching my favorite drama while cuddling on the ouch with a large tub of ice cream and my cat.' How lame would that be?

"No, I'm not doing anything. Why do you ask?" Kris chuckled softly on the other end. "I was wondering if you wanted to have dinner with me." Tao's heart skipped a beat hearing those words. He didn't quite know how to respond. "U-Uh, sure. What time?" Kris told him he would come pick him up at his place around eight that Saturday evening. 

"Just text me your address, and I'll stop by and get you." Tao hesitated slightly before he answered. Could he trust this person? This person he'd known for only three days? It wasn't like he had anything better to do, by it just seemed like a part of him was a little scared.

Scared of the unknown that was: Actually having a social life. Was he up for it? Could handle it?

"Okay." His heart seemed to jump for joy, while his concience was telling him otherwise. Was he making a good decission to try something new? Yes. He needed to try being more open, and not so quick to judge people. Did he think he could do it?

Absolutely not.

~*~

"Hi." Kris said as Tao opened his apartment door. The shorter male stepped aside, letting the taller in. "Hello." He muttered, smiling sheepishly. 

Kris simply smiled as he looke at his watch. "Wow, your apartment is nicer than mine." He said, walking around the small livig room. Tao had made sure his cat was put up before Kris arrived so they wouldn't be disturbed. "Thank you." He said, following Kris. "Is it just you here?" Kris asked, turning to him.

Tal nodded. "Yes, just me." Kris smiled, walking back over to him. "Well, are you ready?" He asked, holding his arm out to Tao, who accpted after opening is door again. "Sure." As they made their way down the tiny street, Kris tried to make small conversation with Tao. "We don't know much about each other." He said, calling Tao's attention. 

Tal nodded, stuffing his free hand into his pocket. "So tell me about yourself." Kris said. Tao only faltered slightly before he began listing things about himself. "Okay, uh, I'm twenty two, I enjoy photography, and I obviously live alone. With the exception of my cat." Kris nodded, listening intently. 

"So you like cat's?" Tao nodded. "Yeah. I found Yu roaming around the streets when he was a kitten. He was all by himself, so I took him home." He smiled remembering when he had brought his cat, Yu, home. Kris looked at him oddly. "Why did you name him Yu?" He asked. 

Tao chuckled. "When I found him, it was raining very hard, and it was the first thing that came to my mind." Kris nodded as they walked into a tiny resturant. "Well then, it's a very fitting name." I hope I get to meet him sometime." Tao nodded, thanking him as they sat down.

The rest of the night consisted of talking, laughing, and learning. Tao learned that Kris came from a large family, and he had left home at a young age, finishing his school early. He was majoring in music, he was a year older then Tao, and he shared an apartment with his friend Lay. 

"I swear, he and his boyfriend annoy me so much." Kris said, chuckling. Tao smiled, wondering just how bad it was. "Come on, I'm sure it's not that bad." Kris raised an eye brow. "His boyfriend is from Korea, so he can't always stay long. He's roughly here for three to four months, then he has to go home for two months. And when he comes back, the like rabbits." Kris cringed. "They get so loud, that I've had complaints from the neighbors." Tao couldn't keep in his laughter any longer.

He threw his head back, cackling like a hyena. "That's hilarious!" He said, slapping his hand on the table. Kris glared at him playfully. "Hey! It's not that funny!" He protested, unable to hide his smile. Seeing Tao happy made him want to smile so bad, and he was having shard time holding it in. 

Tao wiped the tears away from his eyes. "I haven't laughed like that in a long time." He said, taking a deep breath. "Thank you." He said, smiling at Kris genuinly. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if he spent more time with Kris. 

Kris smiled, leaning back in his chair to stare at Tao. "I hope I can make you laugh like that a lot more." Tao nodded, picking up his drink to take a sip. 

"I'd like that." He said, sitting his glass back down. "I'd like that, very much."

---------------------

A/N:

So, I kinda made the poster for this, without having a plot for it. I hope you enjoyed this first part. Stay tuned for part two.

Thank you for reading!

Saranghae!

-Kyla<3