1st Chapter

Up With Love

36 KG Fridge. A girl, named Song Ji Hyo , carrying a fridge to a house.

'Knockknock'

The door opened.

" Anneyo Auntie SooMi ! I have fixed your fridge that you asked me to do it!"

"Anneyo... Jihyo yah.. I see... but I have brought a new fridge. ..okay you just leave it outside will do!" Auntie Soomi tries to shoo her away and closes the door.

Jihyo was quick witted and managed to stop the door from closing. "Auntie Soomi! You forgot to pay me money for the fridge..."

Jihyo told her. "Yah! Remember last time when you and bro were kids, you guys always came to my house to eat."

Seeing Jihyo looking so tired, Soomi gave her a mineral water. "Don't say I am not good to you. Here. Mineral water." Soomi was again closing doors, but Jihyo stopped her and gave a pitiful puppy look .

Soomi was so fed up and gave her a box of chocolates. "This is all I have only! Take it or leave it!" 'Slams!' Jihyo was stunned by how her old neighbor could be so stingy.

She sighed, put the mineral water and the box in her bag and headed to her next destination. Meanwhile at a gym, a handsome and muscle man was doing some weights.

 

"Yah Jongkook ah , how could you lift that heavily?!" His friend, Tae Hyun was impressed by his strength. " Don't eat fried stuffs . That's the trick." Jongkook snorted. Jongkook's phone start to ring, and he went to pick up. "Yobeseyo!" "Boss ! Madam Park is at the conference room for the meeting." "Arraseo. Will be there in a few minutes. " He went to his locker, changed to tuxedo and grab his bag, towel and water bottle and big goodbye to TaeHyun .

 

When he arrived at his workplace , which is known as, Kim Lawyer Pte Ltd . He walked in to the conference room with confidence, and noticed that the opponent of the lawsuit is here as well as the lawyer. "Kim Jong Kook sshi , long time no see." A short and tiny man, dressed smartly, said to him.

" Cut the crap. Lets get to the point." Jongkook told them firmly.

And he started the meeting by Byung Man defending his side and wanting Madam Park to sign the divorce papers so that his defender could get a total of $4Billion from Madam Park .

" Byung Man , your defender kept saying that I have no evidence of him womanizing. I do." Jongkook put a CD in the video system and they watched how the defender and his secretary was so close and intimate with each other. " Do you have any words to say?"

Jongkook smirked to Byung Man Byung Man growled and Jongkook told him

" See you in court." They left angrily, and Madam Park thank him for his help and his evidence.

Jongkook went his office ,and speak thru the office phone .

" Ms Lizzy, tell everyone that I am treating." "Okay , boss."

Soon, the group of lawyers crowd around Lizzy 's table. " What will Boss treat us? Abalone? Lets order lobster too, he rarely treat us this!" "I can't stop drooling bout pepper crab also! "

Then Lizzy began to shush them. " Fried Cockroaches and flies are rare too , would you like to order it? Boss won the case by himself and you guys did not help! I shall order a cheap bento for you guys!" " Lizzy ah!" The lawyers began to beg her not to order.

On the other side, Jihyo was surrounded by dogs as she took a job of taking care of dogs . " I can't get to the eating contest on time. I should call sis..." "Yobeseyo.. sis.. WHAT WHY DID SHE HANG UP?" Lizzy typed her message

' Do you know calls are really expensive? Use text message will do!'

Jihyo saw it and wanted to say bout the contest. But Lizzy knew what she's gonna say and text to her before she could reply.

' Don't tell me that you can't join the eating contest! I don't want to listen. Be there by 12.30pm!' Jihyo sighed when she knew her sister could guess everything she want to say. "Guess I have to rush there quickly..." Jihyo told herself.

Over at the Square Mall , the emcee was finding one participant that haven't arrived. " Calling for Song Ji Hyo , are you around? If you are please come here and register now." Jihyo rush to the mall, and found her sister. " Sis! Why are you so late?" "I went to feed the dogs..." "Okay, hurry register..." As Jihyo wanted to go to the emcee , Lizzy grab her back and told her " You must get 2nd place! Don't ask why. just go!" Jihyo went to change her clothes to a yellow shirt and came out. She sat in the middle, with some ahjussi and ahjummas. Emcee : Alright !!! All the contestants have arrived! Are you guys ready for our 20th anniversary Sushi eating contest?

All the contestants cheered. Emcee : For the prizes, the first one will be 6 recipe books, 2nd will be electric cooker and last one will be food voucher. You guys will start when I blow my whistle. 1-2.....3 beep* Start! Jihyo started to eat alot of sushi and stop to see the people around her overlap or not. When the ahjumma beside is overlapping her, she start eating too, and hope to win at 2nd place. " Yah Song Ji Hyo! You better get 2nd place!!" Jihyo nodded as is full of sushi.

5-4-3-2-1 Times up! Emcee : Our contest is over... but there's only 3 winners. Our 3rd place goes to.. Ms Jung Hyun Soo ! Our 2nd place goes to... Ms Song Jihyo!! Our 1st place goes to.... Mr Lee Shin Dong ! When the emcee announced the first place, Mr Lee Shin Dong began to throw up. ' Oh no , please.. not me not me not me." Jihyo was hoping. The emcee trudged back to Jihyo and said: "Our first place is MS SONG JI HYO ! Congratulations! " Jihyo was shocked as well as her sister...too. To think that she couldn't win the rice cooker... She went to collect a bunch of famous recipe books from the emcee. On their way back to Lizzy's workplace, she began to nag at Jihyo.

" Yah Pabo ! why do we have to carry these useless books?! Why did you even win these!" She dropped the books on the ground.

"But it wasn't my fault! If that ahjussi didn't throw up, we..." Jihyo protested.

"Do you know winning a rice cooker could save us money? I could have put it on auction !"

"Mianhe sister.. I think I better go..." Jihyo put on a sad face. Lizzy cheered her up by giving a brand new tie. " Didn't you say Changjoo's birthday is coming up? Here you go. I won this at a lucky draw event. " Jihyo's face brightened up. "Sister.. do you know you're the best and sweetest sister in the world?" Jihyo told her sweetly. "Hah , glad that you know!" She smirked. "Alright, I'm gonna go Changjoo's house now! Seeya!" She ran away quickly. Lizzy just laughed and soon realised she did not help her with the books. "YAH WAIT WHAT ABOUT THE RECIPE BOOKS?!" She shouted , but carried them in the end.

Jihyo soon arrived at Changjoo's house , as expected, playing his video games by himself.

"Changjoo! I just won a set of recipe books just now...and I was hoping we could do sushi together. " Changjoo replied her coldly . "Arraseo.. next time. "

Jihyo took out a grey sweater out of her bag. "I made this sweater for you...it's quite similar to the one you saw on the internet! Hope you like it!" Changjoo replied coldly again.

" Arraeseo.. I will." After that, Jihyo took out the tie her brother gave. "Tada!" Changjoo's eyes wide opened at the tie.

"Omo , isn't this LV tie? The limited edition one!" Jihyo nodded cheerfully.

"I go in my room and try out!" Changjoo headed straight back to his room. Jihyo saw the table full of peanuts and magazines and decided to clean up.

She accidentally hit a button on the telephone and a woman's voice came on. "Yobeseyo Changjoo ! I have received your flower! After much consideration, I have decided to accept your courtship!" Changjoo came out and saw her dazed by the woman's voicemail .

"Lets end here." Changjoo told Jihyo . "But why...Changjoo..?" Jihyo tries hard not to believe the fact. "Who asked you not to be feminine enough? "

"Feminine?" Jihyo exclaimed.

Jihyo was crying as she went out of his apartment.

She rub away her tears and went to her part time job at an outdoor restaurant .

"A table for two please." Jongkook appears at a restaurant.

He was led by a waiter, and sat down.

Jihyo walked up to the person who is sitting, and still thinking bout what Changjoo has said to her.

"Miss.. I would.."

 

Jongkook turns around and saw the daydreaming waitress.

"Miss!" He raising his voice. Jihyo turns around and saw Jongkook glare angrily at her.

 

"Sorry I thought you need more time...and" "Can I order now?" Jongkook asked.

 

"Yes yes you can! What would you like?"

 

"Salmon with Salad and Grilled Steak."

 

"Salmon with Salad.. and Grilled Chicken. "

 

"Steak!" He told her.

 

" Sorry what did I just say?" Jihyo looked at him with a blank face.

 

"Chicken!" He told her fimly.

 

"And give me one cranberry juice. " He smirked.

 

"Cranberry..cran.. how do I spell cranberry..? Aish don't care.. I just put C juice. " Jihyo feel that she is quite messed up.

 

"Miss , are you sure that this place did sell cranberry Juice?" He asked her without controlling his laughter.

 

"Did they not? Let me check.." Jihyo tries to take the menu but Jongkook throws it on the floor.

 

"How can you be a waitress without knowing the food and drinks in this restaurant? " He scolded her. "I am sorry! Really I am!" Jihyo apologized profusely, A man, ran up to Jongkook's table and said "Mianhe Mr Kim! Held up by traffic..." and sat down.

 

Jihyo was still in a dazed and Jongkook gave her a dirty look. "Miss! Didn't you see my friend is here now? Get him a drink!" Jihyo nodded and went to get a glass of water for that table.

 

"Jihyo , are you okay now?" Her best friend, Jessica asked with concern. "Yeah I am." Jihyo assured her.

 

"I will find Changjoo and talk to him. He really has no idea that your efforts in these years for him!" Jessica told her.

"It's okay! It's better...you know? I am not feminine enough. Shows that I am not good for him."

 

Jessica sighed and comfort her. "Jihyo yah , he is not good for you. I can't believe he's such a jerk! Who ask you to have a sister who is so stingy and money faced?! Or else she could have give you money to buy pretty clothes! " Okay I know! Well, it happened, and we should ought let go of the past and move on! "

 

Jihyo smiled to her. Jihyo took Salmon with Salad and Grilled Chicken out to served.

On the other side, "Women...are really outrageous." Jongkook drank his water. " Why hyung? Did they offend you or

somehow?" "In my office, there all all men. Wait one woman. And she is easy to control."

"Wow , so this Korea richest and powerful lawyer hates women? " Gary laughed.

"Nope , not all woman." Jongkook replied. "Not all woman, does that include Eun Hye?" Gary joked.

" Don't bring up Eunhye! What bout you? Your mum called me a few days ago, and ask me to recommend a girl to you!"

 

 

"Don't! She is mad! Telling a big and powerful lawyer to recommend a girl to me is simply a joke!" "Haha lets toast!" Jongkook took his plain water to toast with Gary .

Jihyo went to Jongkook's table. " Salmon with salad and Grilled Chicken. Enjoy your meal." Jongkook looked at the Grilled

Chicken, and began to be piss.

"Miss, I ordered Grilled Steak!"

 

"Really? Let me check." Jihyo checked and realized that she ordered wrongly.

 

"Hahahaha grilled chicken!" Jihyo laughed, and back to her mong face.

 

"Get your manager out!" Jongkook barked.
"...calling my manager out doesn't work! I just don't want to serve you!"
From another table.

 

"Sorry mister, I shall go and handle it" Jihyo bowed quickly and head to where Jessica and the customer.

 

"What happened?" Jihyo asked. "This man is nagging me non stop!" Jessica told Jihyo. "I really like you Jessica!" That man confessed. "But I don't really like you!" Jessica told him sternly.

 

That man looked down. "Mister, as you heard what she told you, she don't like you, so can you please leave her alone and not to disturb other customers?" Jihyo reply meekly.

 

"I am not gonna give up! I am gonna be the best man in the world for you!" The man told her confidently. "Yeah , you are awesome, and good. But you're lacking with one thing. You're a man. Sorry , I am only interested in girls!" Jessica was almost yelling.

 

"How can it be? I don't believe!" That man was panicking.

 

"You don't believe? Let me show you." Jessica turned around to Jihyo and Jihyo knew Jessica is up to something. "Baby..!" Jessica said, and move her face near to Jihyo , and kiss her right in the lips.

 

Jongkook and Gary witnessed that scene, was too shocked and laughing.

 
 
  •