When Kingdoms Come

Kingdoms Come and Castles Fall

o1. When Kingdoms Come

"Sometimes, life has a cruel sense of humor, giving you the thing you always wanted at the worst time possible."

- Lisa Kleypas 

Daehyun

 

Life . We’ve been over this before, right? I don’t need to repeat myself? Good, that’s what I thought.

I shouldn’t sound so negative, life is precious. I’m lucky to even be alive, I think. I should really take each day as its own, and try to smile and be happy and be thankful for all the that I can do because others have it worse.

Apparently though, there was some sort of mystical force that really had it out for my in particular. Not that I would blame this said mystical force, because lets face it, my is pretty amazing.

I digress.

I should start from the beginning. Start from when it all happened, the day that got this ball rolling that has left me in an abbess of confusion.

Yeah… We’ll start from there.

You ready?

 

 

The tinkle of the bell over top of the door was soft, and I was sure if it weren’t for the cold rush of winter air that flooded into the otherwise warm room, nobody would have ever noticed that I walked in. Not that I’m unpopular, because, god no. Even if I wasn’t the ~social butterfly~ that I am, I would still be pretty popular due to the fact of who I chose to be friends with.

No, rather, it’s just because it was 6 in the evening and the last of classes had let out and now the students from campus could finally have time to unwind and just relax. Nobody had time to jump up and immediately start talking to who ever walked in the door. Besides, I am glad nobody called me over to talk, I did not have time for that , I had stuff I needed to take care of. Things. Yes. Just… stuff and things.

 The chatter in the small café was rather loud, and I tried to block it out as I focused instead on the way my shoes scraped on the floor as I shuffled my feet. The second I reached the table, I yanked back the chair with a rather obnoxious scratch of the metal chair legs on tile, and flung myself dramatically into the not so comfortable chair. “Ulllghhh~” In an oh so eloquent way, I flopped onto the table and studied the male that sat in front of me as he continued to blow at his hot coffee, taking small sips.

Oh my god. Really? Was he seriously being like this? The stupid is ignoring me!

Oh , what if he knows I just called him a . Quick, think happy thoughts. Your smile is really gummy, you’re a great hyung! … that’s good, right?

I swear I’m not crazy.

I took a deep breath and tried again, “Ullllllgggggghhhh….” I flopped like a useless fish out of water, staring up at my friend as I waited for him to acknowledge my presences.

Instead he merely let out a heavy sigh, “Hello, Daehyun. And whatever is bothering you today?” Yongguk asked, sarcasm lacing his voice as he looked up from his drink to give me one of his oh so special looks.

He was honestly like a little kid, half pouting at you and trying to look angry, but all you could see was a childish gleam in his features. Yeah, that’s Yongguk. He’s a giant awkward teddy bear with a deep bedroom voice.

Continuing along with my dramatic ensemble, I merely shrugged my shoulders, turning my face away from him as I let my forehead rest on the cool table top. I bit back the grin, counting down the seconds in my head. Any second now…

“Daehyun? C’mon, what’s wrong?”

Gotcha, Yongguk. Hook, line, sinker.

“Well, geez, you don’t have to pressure me, gosh!” I said, tossing my hands up as I sat up, “If you must know…” I scooted forward in my seat, beckoning Yongguk closer. “There’s this new guy in my class and he’s hella fine, and you don’t understand, Guk… My need for this boy’s is real.”

Yongguk shoved at my forehead, pushing me away from him, “You are so vulgar, Dae! I am banning you from hanging out with Himchan; he’s too much of a bad influence.”

“Hyung! No, I need Chan this time!! Like, you’d be totally on my side if you could see this guy’s … like…” I bit my lip, making a pseudo pelvic in my chair, “Unph.”

Yongguk rolled his eyes, “Seriously, Dae?”

I let out an exasperated sigh. What was he not understanding about this! If I could just show him the perfection that I had seen this morning poured into the tightest pair of jeans that anyone has ever worn—Himchan aside. He would surely understand if he had just seen the curve of this boy’s , I swear it has its own gravitational pull. “Yeah, I am serious. It is literally the finest I have ever seen!”

“Oh~ I hear something about a fine , es best be talking about me!”

I looked up as the chair next to mine slid out and the brunette sat down lightly, grinning as he looked between me and Yongguk, “Ulgh, thank god you are here, Chan… Guk hyung here doesn’t understand the thirst of seeing a hot …”

“That’s cause Jieun’s got him whipped, Dae…” Himchan said, smirking as Yongguk turned a light pink and grew flustered. “Awww, look at him, isn’t he such a cutie~~” Himchan briefly pinched Yongguk’s cheeks before turning back to me just as quick, “Now, do go on… which are we talking about today?”

I grinned as I shifted excitedly in my chair. I could always count on Himchan to be there to listen to me. Not that I couldn’t count on Yongguk, it was just, Himchan was right. Yongguk had been with his girlfriend for way to long and was no longer help in the dating field, although, he was still amazing to talk to. Right now, I definitely needed Himchan’s advice. I didn’t want any lovey dovey romantic crap from Yongguk right now; I needed Himchan’s help and expertise. I just wanted to bang him, not marry him.

“Okay, so, there’s this new kid in my class, and like you heard, he has an amazing …”

“What about, you know, the rest?”

“Oh, he’s pretty too, I guess, but… seriously, Chan… I bet he’s a too! He looks like it!”

“Ohh! I bet he’s absolutely precious… Why are you freaking out, just make your move!”

I rolled my eyes, “That’s the thing… I don’t know how… I mean… He just got here, I can’t exactly walk up to him and be like ‘hey, I want to you, how about it?’, now can I?”

“Sure you can, works for Chan, right?”

Yongguk let out a small laugh as he tilted his head up to look at the girl that had approached the table, her slender arms wrapped around his shoulders as she leaned down and gave him a light peck on the lips.

Himchan and I instantly make fake gagging noises and Yongguk flipped us off, reaching up to pull Jieun closer and purposely look as though he was trying to off her face.

Ew.

It kind of felt like watching your parents go at it, which, I had the unfortunate childhood experience of having done that way to many times. Playing twister my , I know what those two were doing! I digress, though, watching Yongguk and Jieun go at it was defiantly on my list of ‘top ten things that I could go my whole life without seeing’, right beneath ‘parents “playing twister” in bed’ and above ‘Himchan in my shower’, the last of which we just do not speak about.

When they broke apart, Jieun giggled a bit and sat down in her seat, pushing her teal hair behind her ear. “So, is chan here trying to hook you up with one of his buddies now, Dae?”

Himchan looked offended, “Yah, .”

Jieun smirked, “Jerk.”

“Assbutt.”

“Hoebag.”

Himchan giggled, shaking his head, “Nah, it’s not my doing this time… Daehyun here has the need to tap a little somethin’ somethin’~”

“Ulgh, don’t put it like that, Chan… that sounds so… cheesy.” I whined, leaning back in my chair.

“Well, if you want my input, Dae… I wouldn’t take any advice from Himchan, especially not if you want an actual relationship with this guy, friend zone or benefits aside.” Yongguk said, leaning back in his chair as he went back to sipping at his only slightly cooled off coffee.

I pouted lightly, wanting to set Yongguk straight. I did not want a relationship, at all. This is why I wanted to talk to Himchan, cause he understands the difference between actually crushing on someone and lusting over someone and just wanting to have . I wanted the later, and I was ready to tell Yongguk this, but Himchan beat me to a comeback, “Yah, who needs a steady relationship when I can literally have anybody I want right at this second?” Himchan asked.

“When you put it like that, Chan, sure, but I bet you can’t even remember how many people you’ve meaninglessly ed…”

Himchan smirked, picking up his drink, “Odd that you word it like that… You didn’t seem to mind my ty behaviors when it was my mouth that was on your—“

“Himchan we do NOT speak of that!”

Himchan shrugged, “Whatever.” He said, still smirking as he put his straw into his mouth, giving it a very, very inappropriate as he continued to watch Yongguk—who much to our amusement, turned as red as a tomato and looked away in obvious embarrassment.

“Aww~ Gukkie, don’t be like that to ChanChan now~~ How long has it been since that happened… You were just curious…” Jieun said, grinning as she took Yongguk’s hand.

“Yongguk should consider himself lucky, that was probably one of the best s I’ve ever given in the history of my life! And I’ve gone down on a lot of people!!”

“Oh my god!! Himchan!!”

“I’m only being honest—“

“You guys!! Shut up!!” I hissed, waving my hands frantically to get the small group to shut up as I motioned—not so subtly, mind you—to the door, “Look, that’s him!!”

Himchan tilted his head to the side, “Hmmm, banged the blonde last week.  Cute kid, too young though so I haven’t gone there… Did the brunette week before last, god was he loud… Oh, I remember her… she bit me, that wasn’t too fun— Oh and hello….” Himchan sat up a bit straighter, a predatory grin on his face. He turned to me quickly, “Which one is yours?”

“W-What?”

“Call dibs before I take both, maybe at once… that looks like quite the fun combo, but, I wouldn’t do that to you, now, which is your target?”

“Uhm, the one in the sweater, Himchan! I swear, that is mine—“

“Good choice, I wanted the other any ways.” He looked to Jieun and Yongguk, “Good luck teaching Dae the art of seduction, I, however, am gonna go get me a slice of that delectable looking puppy.” Himchan stood up with grace, leaving us alone at the table to watch as he flounced his way over to the group that had just come into the café. He smiled, talking sweetly to a few of them before turning to the guy that I had called dibs on—dibs that he damn well better respect.

I didn’t realize I was holding my breath until Himchan turned to the shorter brunette that stood next to the boy I wanted to – not so eloquently – bang.

I studied his moves carefully, watching as Himchan leaned in to whisper to the boy, his fingers light on the shorter’s arm as he slowly the skin softly.

“Damn… he moved quick…” Yongguk muttered, watching as Himchan flashed a grin in our direction before leading the shorter brunette away from the crowd and leaving the café with him.

I had to agree. Himchan had some serious game. I seriously needed him to teach me his almighty ways. He literarily could get into anyone’s pants, gay, bi, lesbian or straight or religious background. He seemed to just slide right in, and next thing you knew, there he was getting head, or giving it, or just plain ing someone in a bathroom stall. It was amazing.

 “Yah~!”

I looked back up as the obnoxious voice that carried through the whole café, nearly silencing everyone as we all looked in its direction. Himchan had run back into the café, a sort of evil smirk on his face as he sought out my gaze and sent me a wink before rushing over to the new kid.

Almost instantly, the dirty blonde let out a small shriek, his hips jumping forward as he spun around with a deep blush on his chubby cheeks as he stared in shock at Himchan.

Okay, so maybe it was the cutest thing I’ve ever seen—excluding that one kitten video on YouTube that I always watch when I’m feeling sad, but he came in a close second, I swear!

All cuteness aside though, I’m pretty sure if Himchan stood around much longer, the sheer force of my glare would be enough to catch his perfectly fixed hair on fire. I told that that I had dibs.

Himchan ignored my death glares that were surely to be burning his skin right now and proudly looked to the audience of on looking students in the café, “I rate this 8/10!” He announced the café before turning back to the still shocked dirty blonde. “Welcome to the campus!” He added, before literally skipping out of the café to meet up with the boy he had snagged, the younger laughing the whole time as he had watched the scene from outside the café.

So much for the thought of having before Himchan could get his hands on that —though from look alone I would have rated it a 9.5 myself. Maybe I’m just bias?

“I can’t believe he did that…” Yongguk said, shaking his head. “God… he’s going to end up traumatizing the poor kid…”

Yongguk continued on, but, I’m not going to lie, at this point I blocked him out, opting instead to stare at the dirty blonde as he made his way through the café. There were too many conversations going on around me for me to be able to pick up anything he was saying to the curly haired blonde next to him, but with the way he kept motioning to the door, I was sure he was still questioning Himchan’s not so polite .

If only I had that kind of confidence, just to walk up to somebody and their … not that that would be an everyday thing that I would need to do. It would just be nice to not panic at the mere thought of doing it.

“Dae… Dae… Dae pay attention or I’m going to dump water on your crotch and say you pissed yourself!”

I snapped out of my thoughts, glaring at Yongguk, “You wouldn’t dare!”

“Ah, there you are, back in the land of the living… You’ve been staring for like… five minutes now, I think you’re starting to freak him out!”

I blinked in surprise, turning to look again. Just as I had managed to look, the dirty blonde had looked up at the same time. I quickly adverted my gaze, trying to ignore the absolutely adorable pink that flushed his cheeks as he looked away in embarrassment.

He seemed so innocent.

I couldn’t wait to get my hands on him.

 


I'm sorry. I got excited, haha. Happy Holidays you guys!! Here is my present to everyone, the early posting of KCCF. Thank you to everyone that has already subscribed and left me comments. I'm hoping I won't disappoint!!

Also, if you are on mobile, :P sorry if any of the fonts that I use mess up, or just don't show up. They have a bad habit of just showing up as plain text.

Anyways, I'm really hoping that everyone will enjoy this story. Please bear with me as I set the stage, I promise, it will pick up.

Until next time!

Cuddles,
Lynn

 

PS; I know I cursed quite a bit in this chapter, and cursing will be very present as it is a normal thing found in society, so I will not be marking chapters with cursing ('' included) as M, because I am very comfortable cursing in public, and I have heard it in PG rated films. [[Just covering my here. I like my . Not as nice as Daes, but, it's still a nice ]].