Chapter 3

A Puddle Made [Short Story]

 


Jay brushed his lips lightly over Jessica's, absent-mindedly.  Jay closed his eyes and his heartbeat quickly grew faster.  He pushed his lips on hers a little harder, unable to contain his feelings.  But obviously,  the touch woke Jessica up.  

She opened her eyes in a flash to see Jay's eyes closed and his lips on hers.  Shocked by his actions, she spat instinctively.  

"Pbbft!  YAH!  Jay, what-you-huh?!" she blubbered.  

"Sorry!  There was um...cream on your--."  He stopped midsentence. 

This isn't Secret Garden.  Why should I make an excuse?  I like her!   Jay thought. 

 "What?  What?  I kissed you because you looked beautiful and I like you.  What?" he confessed. 

Jessica was rather taken aback by his honest answer. 

"Well, I... Who gave you permission to do that to me?" she demanded.   

"Aish!  Forget it.  Aigoo.  Make such a fuss over a kiss," he dropped. 

"It's time for me to go home now, Jay-sshi," she mumbled.  

"I'll walk you home!" Jay's eyes perked brightly. 

"There's no need."  

But even with her argument and disapproval, Jay was tagging along.  

Jay suddenly stopped walking and faced her with an earnest face. 

"Jessica-sshi... You..." and he slowly walked towards her, his expression serious. 

"What are you doing?  Don't come close to me!" she said. 

Jessica backed into the wall of the neighborhood near her home.  He suddenly stared at her chest.  

"You..." he continued. 

Jessica's pulse throbbed unexpectedly.  She clutched at her heart and stared into his eyes.  Jay approached closer and his face was near.  But then, he flipped her over so that her face was against the wall.  Dazed, she didn't know what to do in this sort of situation.  

"Jessica..." Jay began.

Jessica froze with her face crushed onto the wall and closed her eyes, waiting for Jay to do whatever he was going to do.

"Jessica... I... think you're wearing your shirt backwards," he squinted. 

Her eyes flicked open.   

"Yeah, you're wearing your shirt backwards.  It was too dark so I couldn't tell," Jay nodded. 

What was I thinking, she thought. 

"Jessica-sshi.  You couldn't have been thinking dirty thoughts, have you?" Jay said as if he had read her mind.  

"Are you stupid?  Hurry up and go home already!" she said, her face flustered.   

Jessica quickly turned around and she stomped in the direction to her home.  

"Wait, Jessica-sshi!  I need you to go somewhere with me tomorrow!" Jay shouted after her.  

He grabbed her hand and flipped her around.  Apalled by his behavior, her foot twisted itself and she fell into Jay's arms.  Jay was also shocked, thinking that Jessica wanted to be hugged by him.  

"Jessica-sshi, I didn't know you were that col-" Jay bashfully said, but was interrupted.  

"YAH!  Don't touch me!" Jessica tried to resist.  

"I want to though," he whined.  

She finally kicked him on his shin, and sprinted toward her home.      


Jessica strolled on the way to her school because she was too early.  She couldn't sleep last night.  Her thoughts were full of Jay's actions... and his kiss. 

Aigoo, aigoo, what am I thinking?  What's wrong with me?  What happened to the old Jessica? She tapped her head to prevent more weird thoughts from entering.  

"Jessica-sshi!" A familiar voice called. 

To her horror, Jay was ambling towards her, waving his hands in the air.  Instead of waiting for him, she turned her tails and ran away from Jay.  

"Yah!  Jessica-sshi!  Why are you running?  Let's go together!" he yelled as he chased after her.

Jay put on an extra spurt of speed and managed to catch up to her.  

"Aish!  Why did you run away from me?" he panted. 

She was unable to look at him in the eye.  

I don't know.  

"Let's go!" Jay suddenly told her. 

"Where?  Y-yah!  We have school!  Where are you taking me?" Jessica asked.

"Somewhere warm and fun," he smiled.  

Once again, he grabbed her hand and hustled to a close bus stop, pulling Jessica along.  Whispering some words to the driver, he pushed her onto a seat. 

"Where are we going?" she asked him. 

"A far place.  Just be quiet and go to sleep!" said Jay.    

Seeing how she had closed her eyes, Jay sneakily tilted her head onto his shoulder.  Absent-mindedly once again, he smoothed her hair away from her face. 

"You have a really weird habit of touching people when they're asleep," she mumbled, opening one eye.  

"We have arrived at Wizneyland Amusement Park.  Please get off the bus when it is safe.  Enjoy your day here!"    

"You made me skip school for an amusement park?" she scoffed. 

"Erm... I wanted to go on a da--" Jay started.

"I'm going home," she muttered. 

"Waait, wait, wait, wait, Jessica-sshi!" Jay pulled on her shirt.   

"What?!"  

He gave a nervous laugh.  

"Can we go on at least one ride?" he begged. 

Jessica rolled her eyes and walked to the entrance.  They rode a roller coaster with Jay pleading for more rides.  Of course, one thing Jay couldn't miss was the Ferris Wheel.  One thing Jessica noticed was how only couples were on the Ferris Wheel.  Jessica started to panic.  

"Jay-sshi.  I-I'm not going on the Ferris Wheel," she stuttered. 

"What?  Why?  We're here though!"  He laughed as he pushed her in the cart gently. 

The box began moving slowly upward into the sky. 

"Jessica-sshi.  Did you know that if a couple kisses at the top, they'll be together forever?" Jay confessed.

She ignored his statement by rummaging through her bag. 

"Jessica-sshi," he called.  

Looking up, her nose bumped into Jay's.  

"Jessica-sshi," Jay called her again. "Have you fallen for me yet?" 

At that question, Jessica felt her heart skip a beat. 

What the?  Why is my heart beating fast? I like --.

"Do you have someone you like?" He asked her. 

Jessica was quiet. 

"Is it... me?" Jay questioned. 

Thinking for a while, she finally answered Jay. 

"No.  It's not you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:  I apologize for the late update on this, I've been working on my other story instead.  I also apologize for usual grammar and spelling errors.  If there's anything you'd want to have in this story, please don't hesitate.  I hope you enjoy!

P.S-- Suscribe and comment? :D