Give Me One Month

A Puddle Made [Short Story]

"Jessicaaa-sshi.  Can I have a moment with you?" asked a cheerful Jay. 

The noisy classroom shushed in an instant and even the students in the next class looked through the window to see the commotion.  Jessica stared at her questioner and nodded.  Leading Jessica to a secluded area behind the school, Jay became nervous.

With a cold tone, Jessica asked,"Is there anything you need from me?"

"Um.. I just- Ilikeyoudoyouwanttogooutwimme?" Jay asked too fast.

"What?"

"I li--." Before Jay could finish his sentence, Jessica cut him off.

"If it's a love confession, I don't want to hear it."

Stunned by her harsh words, Jay started to get angry.  She was not the kind Jessica that he had seen talking with her friends.

"You didn't need to say it that way, Jessica-sshi," returned Jay. 

"If that's all you need to say, then I'll be going now."  As Jessica turned to leave, Jay froze. 

Out of his mind, he started to shout after her.

"One month!  Give me one month and I'll make you fall in love with me!  I swear I will, Jessica-sshi!" 

She slowly turned around to face him and questioned,"If I don't, then will you stop annoying me?" 

Confident, Jay replied,"Yes, I will stop following you and doing anything that upsets you."

Getting even more annoyed by this challenge, Jessica narrowed her eyes and coldy said,"I'll be looking forward to it, Jay-sshi."    


A/N: Zoom zoom.  School ends.


 "Jessica-sshi!  Are you hungry?  Walking home alone is dangerous, so can I walk you home?" 

Jay bombarded her with questions the instant their last class ended.  Her friends giggled and ran away at the sight of two of them, suspecting something suspicious.  Jessica already irritated and cold as usual, glared at Jay and rejected his offer.

"I'm fine walking home alone.  I don't need anyone else with me."

Sensitive Jay who was hurt by her harsh words again, did not feel assured. 

As Jessica walked home, she heard a small cry on her right.  Following the cry to find out its location, she saw a cute but dirty kitten calling out to anyone who would pay attention.  Jessica went closer to inspect the disheveled kitten and scooped him up to get ready to take him home.  With her guard down, a gang of nasty students began to circle her.  Jessica then realized that she walked straight into an creepy alley.

"Wow, she's pretty dumb."

"But dude, she's kind of cute.  She has a nice figure too.  Should we play with her?"

Jessica was in schock and couldn't speak.  She secured the kitten in her arms tightly to prevent him from running out.  Seizing her chance of weakness, one of the boys started to edge towards her and began to her hair with his nasty hands. 

Jessica swatted his hands away and hissed,"Yah! Don't touch me with your filthiness.  It's disgusting." 

They started to play with her hair even more and Jessica could not take it any longer.  She started to yell and it grew to a scream.  The gang tried to cover but she slipped under their arms and started to run.

Unfortunately, they pulled her on her hair and tripped her, making her fall onto her knees.  At that moment, a dark figure appeared right in front of her.  He formed a protective shield around her.  Jessica took a glimpse at the tall person and her heart skipped a beat. 

Jay was standing there, acting as a shield for her. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Sorry for the typical ending.  It's not over yet though! If there's anything I should change, please tell me.