Knowing One's Past

Twisted Realms Of Lies And Deceit

The next day at school I had gym class for the first period. I've never been good at sports so naturally, I hated gym class. To make matters worse, I wasn't in the same class as Amber but Yun Bi. Perfect! Absolutely brilliant! Sense the sarcasm. 

While in the changing room I tried my best to avoid Yun Bi because of previous misfortunes that have happened, I've learnt to keep away from that mean little... ugh. I shouldn't curse. Anyways, after grabbing my stuff from my locker, I proceeded to the changing rooms but was stopped dead in my tracks by none other than Yun bi.

"Ugh what do you want. I don't have time for you." I scoffed.

"Don't flatter yourself. Its me who doesn't have time for you. But, I do have time for the new kid." She spat as she rolled her eyes and her gang of followers behind her rolled their eyes in unison at me as well. Funny how they look like Yun bi's dog/ servant / back up. You know what, I should just stop here because I'm pretty sure I can go on forever. Overall, they're just peasants.

Are they her idiots or what? I bet she treats them horribly. Why do they even follow her?

"What? Lay? Its none of my business if you want to seduce him with your filthy hands, alright. Leave me alone now." I replied, slightly pissed.

"Its your business if you can't keep your ty self away from him. I saw you and him walking to your ty smoothie parlor yesterday after school. You better keep your distance away from him if you know what's best for you." She snapped.

"Excuse you, For the record I didn't ask him to walk me to the smoothie shop. HE asked me," I said emphasizing on 'he'.

"OH PLEASE!" She laughed with her gang, not believing a word I've said, "Don't be so full of yourself. He hasn't even asked me out so I don't see why he would even bother talking to you. I cant believe you're that desperate. Anyways just stay clear of him or do you need me to tell you that the harsh way?"

When Yun Bi says 'the harsh way', she usually means that she'll employ a few burly men to beat her victim up and I am NOT getting my face bruised for Lay no matter how attractive he might be.

I'm pretty sure whatever I do, is my own damn business. I threw her a side glance as I left. Well great. Thanks to that whole fiasco I've only 2 minutes to change. Hurriedly, I got dressed in my attired and headed straight for the gym. As i entered the gym I spotted Lay stretching in a corner. As if by fate he turned to look at me and he flashed me a dimpled smile while nodding in acknowledgement. I sheepishly grinned back at him.

"CLASS, ATTENTION!" Mr Kang, our gym coach thundered, " We'll be playing dodge ball today."

Great. Dodge ball. Ugh.

Not much to my surprise I was put in a team with nerds and social outcasts. (Because Yun Bi was the team captain, duh) They looked like they could barely fend for themselves and I begun to panic.

After dodging a few waves of balls, thanks to my fast reflexes, I was the only one left on my team. WOW. Just w o w. Yun Bi seemed to play EXTRA hardcore today, not good.

It was 5 versus 1 and I was definitely dead. Well, I didn't expect to win this game but I didn't want to be pelted by balls as well.

The whistle went off and before I could even get my head in the game, a ball hit me straight in the face at full force. I didn't even get a chance to block the ball to reduce the impact.

I out for a second and I fell to the ground head first. All I heard was Mr Kang screaming "WHO THREW THAT BALL?!" and everything went black again.

 

 

The next thing I knew was me waking up in the nurse's office and Lay was beside me with anxiety plastered across his face.

"What happened.. Why am I here..?" I weakly mumbled.

"Yun Bi threw a ball at you. She said it was an accident. You didn't take that ball well. You out immediately. Are you okay?" Lay said worriedly while caressing my face.

I shuddered at his touch and for some reason the throbbing pain in my head went away slightly.

"Thanks.. I think I'm fine." I uttered breathlessly.

"I've asked Mr Kang for you and I to take the rest of the day off from school so I could take care of you."  He said, not breaking his gaze with me.

"Oh.. Thanks but I think I can manage myself." I tried to stand but up the throbbing pain echoed at the back of my head and I immediately fell, fortunately, Lay had quick reactions and he caught me in his arms.

"Whoa, steady. I'm bringing you home. No arguments." He said firmly.

With that he helped me to his car and we drove back to my apartment. The atmosphere in the car was silent and awkward, like the walk to the smoothie parlor.

Okay.. This is so not happening.. boy of my dreams taking care of me and offering to take me home. Wow I cannot believe my luck. This was literally a Korean drama moment. Ok let's not jinx it. Just embrace it and stop thinking so much Min.

When we arrived at my house, Lay offered to take me up to my unit and of course, I didn't reject him.

In my apartment Lay sat me down and offered, "I'll get you some water? Where are your cups stored at?"

"In the cupboard, first one on the right."

"Oh got it 1 second!"

He handed me the drink and sat right beside me, "So... what's with that Yun Bi girl and you?"

"Oh. Yun Bi? She's Miss popular if you haven't noticed. She doesn't like me for some reason. She also told me to back away from you because you're her next target I think." I shrugged.

He coughed and choked on his drink, "Next. *cough* target?! *cough*"

"Yeah." I responded trying to contain my laughter at his reaction. He's so adorable, my heart hurts. 

"Well she didn't really leave a good impression on me after she threw a ball at you. Yeah she said it was an 'accident' but I beg to differ. Speaking of which, how's your head?"

"Wow. I didn't expect that. Most guys fall for her undeniable charms within seconds. You're a first. And my head's better.. I think."

"Well I'm not most guys." He winked.

I could feel my cheeks burning up and I looked at my glass of water to avoid eye contact.

He chuckled deeply and continued, "So will you tell me more about yourself? Since we've some extra time to ourselves."

"Oh. Well my name is Bang Min Young, I'm 18. I attend Hanlim High and my best friend is Amber."

"Hahaha I mean tell me something that I don't know."

"But I'm not good at such things.. What do you want to know? Ask me and I'll answer you."

"Ok.. fine. Favorite color?"

"Sea-foam green"

"Birth date?"

"May 5th."

"Where is your family currently?"

I hesitated. I didn't know what to say. Lie or tell him the truth?

Sensing my reluctance to answer he promptly said, "It's okay if you don't feel like answering. I won't force you."

"No, it's fine." I assured. "I'm an orphan. I don't have a family. Sorry for lying on the first time. I didn't know what to say."

"I'm sorry and it's fine I understand where you're coming from." He had pity in his eyes.

"Don't be. I'm quite happy with my life now. Don't feel sorry for me. I just feel kind of lonely sometimes but other than that there's nothing more."

"Well." He begun, "You have me now. I can come over to your house as often as you want me to. I'm really free. We could do our homework together and hang out. Hey, maybe you could show me around Korea since I'm new here."

"That sounds perfect!" I cheered. Then I remembered about what Yun bi said.

Before I could tell Lay about the conversation Yun bi and I had in the locker room, His phone beeped and after checking his notification he swiftly said, "I'll be on my way now. Rest well. You don't have to go to school tomorrow. I'll drop by. See you!"

Before I could even say good bye, he dashed out of my house. "Bye.. thanks too.."

I Wonder why' he's in such a hurry. Oh well I'm just glad I got to spend quality time with Lay ehehe. Should I have told him about me being an orphan? Wait.. Did he leave because he doesn't want to associate with an orphan..? Ack, I'm just over thinking. I guess I'll only be able to tell whether he minds the fact that I'm an orphan when he drops by tomorrow... 

With that thought in mind, I fell into a deep slumber and coincidentally I had a dream about that mysterious man again...

 

 

 

~*Author's Note*~

HELLOOOO. Fluffbunbun here x3 Uhm. Well. I have nothing to say. /throws my horribly written chapter at you/ Ok sorry. I honestly don't know where the story is going. I'm just writing what ever that comes to my mind. DO YOU LIKE IT? IS IT HORRIBLE? CAN I GET SOME RESPONSE PLEASE? HELLO? D: D: D: ((Do you think that I am updating too quickly? Should I slow down? D:)) Please leave some response because I really want to know what you think 3 Anyways, till the next chapter :D SARANGAYYYYYY <3

AYO WASSUP, READERS. So how's the story? I hope it's not too bad and I hope that you guys are enjoying it so far. Anyways, have you guys seen EXO's new mv? Miracles in December~~~ It's so touching OTL I teared a little while watcing the MV. TT TT  So what do you guys think? I would love to hear about your opinions and stuff. So please do not hessitate to comment. Comments are much appreciated. Comment and I'll love you 5ever. (( 5ever because SHINee is my ot5. xD ))  Ehehe. Love you guys!~ <3

Subscribe

Upvote

Comment

<3 <3 <3