Friend?

Only You Can Help

Not sure if it's Tao's imagination or not, Minji doesn't seems so cold to him anymore after that day when he brew the tea for her. She would still get mad at him when he forgets to wake her up, get annoyed when he asked too many questions and get all freaked out when he broke her favourite mug...but Tao could feel that she's much more friendly now compare to the first time they met. 

"She even lent me her textbook when I lost mine!" Tao related excitedly to Kris when they met up a few days later at Starbucks. Kris nodded smiling. Tao continued happily,"But she's still not so nice to me. I mean..."

"Step by step, Tao, step by step," Kris cut off Tao's words by patting on his head. Tao looked up at him for a moment, sighed, then continued sipping his ice chocolate. 

When Tao got back from Starbucks, he smelled something from the kitchen. Something sweet. He glanced at the kitchen door and saw Minji standing near the table, with an apron around her. Her hair was tied up in a bun and she seemed to be stirring something.

~Minji's pov~

When I heard the sound of the door unlocking, straight away I knew Tao's back. Of course! Mum and Dad were out for dinner, who else could it be? 

"Minji, what are you making?" Tao's voice came from behind me. 

I pointed at the mixture and the ingredients on the table. "A cake. Suho oppa's birthday is coming, I want to make a cake...for him." I hardly noticed that I was actually blushing.

"That's nice of you. Need help?" Tao asked helpfully. 

"Perfect! I've been waiting for you to say that! Now help me stir this mixture first!" I laughed at Tao, pushing the mixture to him.

~Tao's pov~

Minji's laughing. SHE'S ACTUALLY LAUGHING?? I've never heard her laugh before, not even a smile. But now...wait. What's this pool of...brown thingy?

"Just stir it!" Minji seems to see what I was thinking, as she pinched me.

Obediently, I did what I was told, a little unwilling,Kris often said that baking was for sissies. Minji was now pouring more flour into the mixture. Accidentally, my elbow knocked into hers, causing her to pour the whole packet of flour.The excessing flour began to pile up on the table. We both looked at each other, than to the flour, than to each other again.

"Huang Zi Tao!" out of the blue, Minji suddenly grabbed a handful of flour with her hand and threw it at me. I was taken aback by her sudden attack, and kept trying to dust the flour off me. It was then I saw Minji's lips trembling.

"Your face...hahahaha!" Minji started laughing uncontrollabely. I stared at her for a moment before rushing into the bathroom. I must say... I looked horribly with a white face...well...I looked like a ghost

Of course, I will not let her off so easily. Though I had completed my mission that day when I saw her sleeping face(the one when he wanted to make her smile again, although it's not really what Tao had thought of...having a white face), I decided to let her have a taste of her own medicine.

"FLOUR FIGHT!!!!!!"I hollered and without warning, I grabbed a handful too and threw it at her.

And that's how it began

~Minji's pov~

Tao's parents letting him learn wushu was a big mistake. Everytime I wanted to aim at him, he somehow always managed to dodge it and I was the one who end up getting attacked. Finally, after minutes of "Flour Fight", we stopped and started cleaning the kitchen.

"All your silly idea of a flour fight!" Tao complained as he wiped the flour off the ceiling(yes, somehow it got up there).

Then, Tao's soft black eyes met with mine and he pouted back.

My skipped a beat for a moment. Just a really short moment. Then Tao and I started laughing together.

"Better hurry! You still have to bake the cake for Suho hyung!" Tao teased.

"Neh!" I replied cheerfully, saluting

We hurriedly cleaned up and continue to bake the cake. Throughout, Tao and I chatted about school, quarrelled over how much sugar we should add and how Suho would like the cake to be iced.Just silly things which we would laugh over after. That night, I no longer feel the loneliness I always felt when my parents were not at home. With Tao around, I felt warm. What a great friend he is! Friend?...yes, a friend. Just a friend.