ToL 6

Taste of Life

 

 

Was he being happy because of their father spare his time with them? Or was he being happy because another thing? To make him smiled all the way from home, in the car, until they arrived at the restaurant where they had family dinner. Except his sister, no one knew what was the reason that caused a smile spread all over his face.

Xieyi was giggling whenever she looked at her brother’s face knowing the reason was. She stopped what was she doing, putted the spoon down with a quite loud sound that gathered Lay’s and her father attention.

Lay furrowed his brow at his sister act. Whispered in their father’s ear. The wrinkle on Lay’s forehead deeper as their father looked at him with a small grin on his lips.

“What?” his curiosity got over him. He shrugged as he received no answer except a giggle from his sister and father.

Lay continued to eat to shift his attention. But he felt anxious quite sure that his father staring at him. He definitely knew there was something that his sister told their father about him.

As uneasy he kept looked at his father and his sister back and forth. The two peoples only exchange glances and smiled brightly at him.

“I really want a daughter in law before I turn 50” his father said making Lay choked. Coughing as he reached for the glass of water. He gulped as his father looked straight into his eyes. Small smile curved on his lips. Turned his gaze away just to receive his sister chuckled and acted liked she didn’t know anything.

“Actually there is someone at the office I want as my daughter in law, but unfortunately she had married” the old man regretted. “Why don’t you introduce her to me?” he added asking out of the blue.

Once again Lay choked at his father outburst. So that was what his sister whisper to him? Xieyi told him about his ‘Crush’? That was something he couldn’t think of. He just shook his head in disbelief.

“That’s not right dad! I have no one to introduce to you” he defended, not yet, he added in his mind

“It’s tru-” Xieyi statement cut off as Lay glared at her and mouthed her to shut up. “Dad, Oppa treat at me” she said. She clung on to their father’s hand as Lay hissed.

“Enough, enough, you two!” their father tried to stop both of them. “You have to let me know ahead if you want to introduce her, you know I’m busy, right?” the old man sad teasingly at the still displeased man.

Lay sighed in defeat at that statement. He has to admit that he couldn’t win against the two if they united. He just smirked as the two high five each other and giggled.  

 

The way backed home, Lay focused on driving. He has no intention to make a conversation with the old man as he was afraid if the topic about ‘girlfriend’ would come up. But that didn’t mean that he didn’t think about it. To tell the truth he really wanted to introduce someone as his girlfriend, no his future wife. However he hasn’t found her yet. He did find her, but the problem was that she was someone else’s wife.

With his handsome face, his kindness, his ingenuity in playing piano, he could attract any woman. But unfortunately as he was 23 years old he still has no one that made him interested at. And now, when he finally found that woman he doubt that he could make her his.

“Dad, see! Oppa must have been thinking about my future unni?” Xieyi joked to attract Lay’s attention. Didn’t know whether he was too focused on driving or he thought about her just liked his sister said as he didn’t shown any reaction upon Xieyi’s joke.

“Ow, it seems like your brother immersed in the thought of her!” the old man played as well.

“Wh..what?” he stammered as he snapped out of his reverie caused by the loud laughter from the both his father and his sister.

He realized what just happened as he looked at the two who grinned at him. He let out a deep sighed.

 

Lay walked straight to his room when they arrived at home. Shut the door behind him closed. He knew that action would make them even more, for now he just wanted to avoid them.

He lay down on his bed sighed as he remembered the statement which his father said that he wanted to have daughter in law before his 50th birthday. He really wanted to make that wish happened. He really wanted to make it come true. He sure did want it.

But to win her heart it was something as impossible.

Just thinking about her, bright smile plastered on his lips. The things that his sister told him last night popped up in his mind vividly. The information his sister obtained from Dongju. He somehow felt relief that Dongju wasn’t her other son, wasn’t the old brother of Dongyu. He was happy to know that her age as same as him. It meant that he wasn’t an older woman sparker.

Yet, some new question added in his mind.

With that young age, she already had a five years old son. When did she marry? Why did she marry at such a young age? Was she force to marry? Did her family in debt to her husband’s family? Where was her husband as Dongyu didn’t know?. Who knew?.

He determined that he would find out more about her. He promised. Promised to himself.

 

 


Updated after a week or more...

Enjoy reading^^