ToL 4

Taste of Life

 

 

Yumi heaved a deep sigh as she looked back and forth at the clock display on laptop screen and the stack of papers that is waiting for their turn to be done by her two hands. It was five minutes before Dongyu’s class ended.

She knew she couldn’t make in there although she typed as fast as possible. It was extremely impossible.

Working as secretary wasn’t an easy job. She knew it. Definitely. She has to arrange the meeting schedules for Chairman with company’s partner. Preparing the document that needed for the presentation. Analyzing the content of contract document before gave it to decision. Making a report for Chairman to review the progress of the company.  And more.

She grabbed her phone that lying beside the stack of papers. She putted it between her right ear and shoulder, waiting for the answer from the person she called as she continued her work.

“Thanks!” She said ended the call and threw her phone on the other side of her table.

Typing, typing, and typing. She even has no time to eat lunch. This thing happened when there is new project or new contract that company deal with new partner.

As a hard working, she tried her best to please the Chairman expectation. And because of that, she never disappointed Chairman. Her veracity in analyzing, her neatness in doing a report, and always finished her work on time, made her survived longer than other employee expected. As the Chairman was famous of being an idealist type of person, wanted his employee did their job perfectly.

She did it. She could make Chairman pleased with her work.  

 

Liked the previous days, when the class has ended. Lay would wait for Dongyu. Accompanied him while waiting for his mom. It became his new routine. Started about five days ago.

Whether it was because he just didn’t want Dongyu alone or he took that chance to meet his ‘Crush’? He didn’t really know it himself. Or maybe killing two birds with one stone?. Whatever the reason (his true reason) that he made on three days ago deciding to do this, he did it with pleasure as if he really enjoyed it.  

“Dongyu-a, Can I ask you something?” Lay said not sure. Dongyu just nodded his head. “Did your mom always pick you up? I mean, where is your dad?” he added

Finally he asked that question. The question that was being stuck in his mind. Actually he wanted to ask that question from days before but that question just didn’t come out from his mouth.

“I don’t know!” he answered while pouting his lips. That was an honest answer. Answering that question may be hard for a grown person but for him it was just simple matter to answer. May be because he was still a kid. A five years old kid. Who was pure, innocent, and not really knew what happened in his surroundings.

Listened that answer made Lay’s mind even more curious. But, he knew that he couldn’t find the answer from that little kid. Because the ‘I don’t know’ answer was the most honest answer he could give. As he didn’t get the answer he just stared at the little kid intensely.

“Oh, Hyuuung!” Dongyu yelled out as he stood up making Lay turned his head up. Just to meet the familiar figure that was walking toward them.

“Yu-a!” The boy that Dongyu called approaching him with his arms stretched out to hug Dongyu.  

“Where is mom?” He asked as he pulled away from his Hyung.

“Mom can’t make in here!” he said “That’s why I’m here instead” he added making the little kid who pouted early smiled widely.

Lay furrowed his eyebrow as he watched those two. Hyung? Dongyu has a big brother?, the questions that popped in Lay’s mind. That didn’t make sense. She didn’t look that old to have a son that was same age as my sister. His mind kept debating the possibility.

“Hyung” “Oppa” The shout that snapped him out of his thought.

“Uh! What?” he rolled his eyes trying to straighten his mind.

“Hyung, I’m leaving with Dongyu now” The boy said as he bowed “Xieyi, see you tomorrow” he waved at the girl and walked away grabbing Dongyu.

She turned her head to Lay. She furrowed her brow as she glared at him. But, Lay seemed like unaware of that glare. His mind still not back to its sense.

“Oppa!” She yelled. Making Lay jolt out from his thought. But to keep his cool image he just walked away leaving her behind. She followed him and walked faster to match his step.

“I think I know why your smile always on your face these days!” She stated turning her head toward her brother to see his reaction.

“What?” he said pretend not understanding what she meant. “Because of Dongyu and….” She paused on purpose “and his mom, right?” she continued making him startled.

That was right. He couldn’t hide it anymore. It was obvious though. He nodded answering her question. Small smile formed on his lips as he imagined the past days. But, that smile disappeared as he remembered the scene that happened minutes ago.

“Dongju, is he Dongyu’s big brother?” he asked as he raised his eyebrow

“I don’t know! He never mention about Dongyu before, I just know it today too!” she answered tapping her index on her lips.

“It just doesn’t make sense. If he is her son, it’s mean she is over 30, right! But she seems not that old” He analyzed

“Why is that concern you?” She stared at Lay. “A-aah, so my brother really fell in love with Dongyu’s mom” She smirked and chuckled. “Don’t worry Oppa, I’ll find out it soon. I’ll do my best to help you” she added before he could flick his finger on her forehead.

“Yah, you are the best sister in the world” He complimented her. He pinched her nose lightly as his smile appeared.

Somehow his sister became useful this time. Not only this time, but always made him proud all the time, but this time she even more useful. Because she friend with Dongju, she could find out more about his ‘Crush’.

Hoped that it wasn’t true.

 

 


 

Updating.....

Where is his dad?

Did he have a big brother?

 

I'll reveal it one by one

please anticipate the future chapter....

 

Sorry if there is wrong grammer...

 

Hope you like this chapter..

Don't hesitate to leave a comment, subscribe, or up vote,

or may be add me as friend?

 

Happy reading^^