ToL 5

Taste of Life

 

 

Xieyi blinked her eyes nth while patted her chin continuously as her mind wandering how to help her brother. She had promised him that she would help. But, she couldn’t find a good way till now. Although she was quiet close with Dongju, she never had been asking him his private. Because he also on the other hand never had done the same. Ah, what should I do? She shook her head as her mind couldn’t think of any plan.

Then, suddenly her eye distracted by the view in front of the class. The teacher held a big glass of bowl which full with bunch of roll paper. She focused on what the teacher explained to the whole class. As the information infiltrated into her brain, her thump and middle finger clicked each other making a sound. She finally found a plan.

She crossed her palm making a pray as the teacher announcing the name of the student who would paired up to do the project.

Dongju, Dongju, please! She kept praying in her heart and mind. Never she has being so desperate to be with him before. But, it was different, she wanted to do it with him to work her plan.

She motioned a ‘yes’ with her hand when the teacher said her name and Dongju being a partner for the project. Thanks God for granting my wish! She lifted her hand while looking up. Wide smile appeared on her face.

“Are you that happy being my partner?” Dongju smirked at the girl who still smiled.

No, not at all, she said in her mind. Whatever he thought it didn’t matter at all. She just wanted her plan worked well.

“Let’s do it at your home!” She suggested. No it stated. She has to do it.

“Why?” Dongju frowned at her sentence

“Where else we could do it, you had been to my home every time we had project. I never objected it.” She defended herself crossing her hand over her chest. “So this time it’s my turn to go to yours” she added

“Oh calm down girl. I never said I object it. I just asked why? That’s all” he trying to calm her.

“Ok then it’s a deal” She stretched out her hand. Dongju couldn’t resist anymore, he shook her hand back.

Assa, she screamed out in her heart as she pulled out her hand. A grin formed on her lips. Her plan worked smoothly so far. That way could make her fulfilled her promise to her brother who anxious from curiosity. Curiosity of the secret of his so called ‘Crush’.  She would discover it, maybe one by one. And that was a good beginning.

 

Yumi rolled her eyes her jaw dropped in disbelief over what she saw. Through the glass door of her office there was someone walked toward the door. That wasn’t just someone, but that was Chairman. She blinked her eyes closed and opened it to adjust that she should believe what she saw.

What make him to her office? It wasn’t his usual. What happened? She wondered. He being the Chairman always told her to come to his office if there was something matter. But, right now he came to her office himself. That bothered her so much. Afraid that if she had done something really horrible. But as her mind recalled back there was nothing that she did wrong.

Her consciousness regained as the door’s knob clicked open. She stood up from her seat walked toward the front of her desk spontaneously. Lowering her head bowed at the Chairman who stood in front of her.

She ushered Chairman to sit on her seat and sat down on the chair that placed in front of Chairman when she was told so. There was only a desk that separated her and Chairman.

She rested her hands on her lap. Straighten her upper body in firm line as her eyes directly looked at the Chairman.

“Don’t feel pressured!” The Chairman stated as he saw that feeling show in her eyes. She nodded but that made her felt even more pressured.

“I come to inform you that you can go home early, no need to overtime today.” That sentence made her eyes widened in disbelief. “You’ve worked hard these view days with the new contract. And because of you we gained a big success” He added with wide smile form on his face.

Really! What did she hear right? She did it. Chairman nodded reassuring her that it was right. She smiled lowering her head while muttering ‘Thank you’ to the Chairman.

Chairman stood up walked toward the front desk. Yumi stood there with her hand clasped in front of her thigh.

“You are so responsible, workhorse, and kind” He stated as he recalled what she did letting him seat on her seat. “If only you hadn’t married yet, I would like you to be my daughter in law” he added

“Oh, you make me fluster, Chairman” she said conscious that her cheeks turn to red as she blushed at the compliment

“I’m being sincere. Have a great weekend” He patted her shoulder and turn his heels toward the door leaving her office.

She smiled widely as the Chairman disappeared behind the door. Slipped her things into her bag ready to go home.

 

Yumi turned the knob down to open the door. Slide out her feet from her heels as she sat on the small chair beside shoe rack. Massaging her feet to lessen the pain from walked with high heels.

“Oh Nuna, you’re back?” She looked up to seek the owner of the voice. Small smile showed on her face as she noticed Dongju stood in front of her.

“I got a compensation from Chairman” She said stood up walking toward the living room with him.

“Uh, we have a guest?” She guessed as she saw a girl sat on the sofa in the living room. “Your…?” She narrowed her eyes at Dongju “Girlfriend?” She continued grinned in teasing way.

“Oh, no Nuna, she is my friend. And we are working on school project right now, actually!” He explained the situation to clear the misunderstood in Yumi’s mind. She chuckled at his explanation. She not thought that way either, she just wanted to but he took it seriously.

“Good luck then” She patted his shoulder and smiled at the girl who stood there smiled back at her then walked away to Dongyu’s room as always.

 

“Nuna?” Xieyi asked him when he sat down in front of her. “I thought she is your mom!” she added making him burst out laugh. She glared at him annoyed. Dongju covered his mouth trying to stop his laughter as he noticed her glare.

“Yeah Nuna, sister in law exactly!” He said after his laughter vanished.

“But, why Dongyu called you Hyung?” She really needed to confirm this thing.

“Ah, that, I just don’t like being called by ‘uncle’. It seems like I’m really old” he stated

“Ahh” She nodded her head. “But, I think you look like one, like an uncle!” She chuckled

“Yah, how dare you!” Dongju yelled at her but making her laugh out loud. She stopped laughing when her forehead was flicked by his index. “That’s your punishment” He muttered

She frowned in pain rubbing her forehead. You owed me big thing, Oppa! Her mind stated.

 

 


 

Guys!!! here an update...

Actually, i'm so sad that you guys don't give me your opinion about this story,

Is this story not good? I thought..... T_T

 

Please do leave a comment/ opinion about this story.....

 

But, anyway enjoy reading.. I hope you like it^^