ToL 1

Taste of Life

 

 

Sunday morning. 10am exactly. Yumi was holding a small hand tightly. Looked down to the owner who smiled brightly. She inhaled deeply tried to emptying her mind. Forgetting all the problem and just having fun for today, she thought.

That small hand tugged her hand couldn’t wait to enter the zoo. She leaned to the little boy’s eye level. Rubbed his hair lightly and smiled gently. She asked the boy to hold her hand tighter and never let go of her hand knowing there was so crowded. The little boy nodded excitedly.

“Let’s go” She said grabbed that small hand entering the zoo.

The little boy swung her hand while walking through the crowded. She smiled at the little boy. She could felt the happy feeling of the little boy. It was the first time since three years ago when that little boy two years old. It was the first time she took her busy day.

She sometimes felt guilty to the little boy for not having time to bring him out. Even more felt guilty because the little boy never asked her anything. He seemed knowing that everything she did to make him happy. He seemed understanding her more than anyone.

Today, she wants to make him happy. She relieved that her decision to bring him there was right. Knowing the little boy smiled continuously. She didn’t hesitate to buy everything the little boy wanted. She promised. But, the little boy only bought a small cup of popcorn and two pairs of bunny headband. The blue one for him, the pink one for her.

“It’s cute” He said after putting that headband on her head. She smiled widely. “Yu too” she said making the little boy giggled.

 

They walked back to the crowded. Seeing various animals from a close distant. She had to explain everything that little boy asked. The little boy seemed to have a huge curiosity.

“Mom, that animal’s so cute!” he mumbled when he saw a bunch of kangaroos from a far. As his curiosity was huge, unconsciously he let go of his hand from her. He ran to the place that filled with kangaroos. His eyes widened as he saw that kangaroos up closed. Smile was blooming on his lips. He jumped up and down copying the kangaroos.

“Mom, what’s that animal name?” he asked. But not as usual, no answered. He looked up to see the person he asked. But he saw nothing. His mom was not there. He turned his eyes around. Looked for her. He couldn’t find her. He walked away. As he saw a man sat on the bench near the ice cream shop. He approached that man. He tapped that man’s shoulder lightly. That man turned his head toward that little boy.

“What?” he said pursed his eyebrows

“Ahjussi,.. “ “Yah, I’m not ahjussi. I’m not that old” that man said before he could continue his word. “Can you help me?” he said after made sure that man has calmed down. That man smiled at him and started to punch the number he gave to him. That man decided to help him after he told him that he lost. And he gave his mom number that he remembered.

 

Yumi who didn’t knew that she was no longer holding the small hand walked through the crowded. She stopped when she saw a bunch of bears which is laying down while chewing it’s food. “Look at that bears Yu. They are so cute” she chuckled. As she has no answer, she looked down to see the little boy. She gasped in shock as she didn’t saw him. She walked away from there. She was running through the crowded as anxiety showed over her face.

She turned around some kids by grabbing their shoulder to see their face. But, she couldn’t find him. She walked back and forth from one place to another as her worry grew even more. Her steps stopped when she heard the rings from her phone. She picked her phone up immediately.

“Hello?” she said as she tried to control her breath.

“Hello! This is..Yah who’s your name?” a man asked from the line “Is this Dongyu’s mom?” he added after got an answer to his question.

Yumi ran as fast as she could after received that call. That called has informed her that Dongyu was with him. She has to go there to the place where her little boy was.

As they were waiting for Yumi, The man played with Dongyu. In a short time they became a friend. They laughed loudly.

“Oppa!” someone called out. That man turned around and waved his hand. The girl ran toward that man. “Oh, who is this little boy?” she said as she saw a little boy sat beside her brother. She looked at her brother for explanation. “I’m Dongyu” little boy said before that man could said anything. “Nuna, are you his girlfriend?” he added. “Yah, you call her Nuna while you call me ahjussi?” that man yelled making the girl and little boy chuckled. “That ahjussi is my brother” she said rubbing little boy’s hair and smiled teasingly at the man.

“Mooom!” little boy called out. They turned their head toward the direction little boy’s eyes. They saw a woman ran. Dongyu ran as well toward that woman. That woman knelt down to his eye level. Hugging Dongyu tightly. “Mom is sorry” she said. “Are you okay?” she asked as she pulled away from him. Dongyu nodded and whispered something on her right ear. She stood up and walked toward the persons who helped Dongyu.

“Thank you so much for helping Dongyu” she said heartily.

“Your welcome!” the man said and showed his dimples smile.

Yumi bowed before leaving them behind. Walked toward the exit gate while Dongyu waving his hand to them.

“Oppa! Do you like her?” the girl teased as she saw that her brother’s eyes still on that woman. And his hand was still waving to them although they had passed the exit gate.

“Oppa!” she called out making her brother turned to look at her “She has a husband!” she added

“What?” he said didn’t understand what her sister’s mean. “Whatever!” she said leaving her brother dumbfounded. He went after his sister. Embracing her shoulders. Trying to get an answer about her words a minute ago. He tickled her side for getting no word from her.

“My brother has fallen in love” she said running away from her brother while stuck out her tongue

“Yah. Wait until I catch you” he said trying to catch her up as he smiled widely showing his deep dimples.

 

 


 

 

This is the first chapter....

But, who's the man? You must know him since i gave an obvious hint! hehe

 

Hope you like the first chapter...

Don't hesitate to leave a comment, subscribe, up vote, or add me as friend!!

 

Happy reading^^