Chapter three

Hunter's daughter

"What the!" someone yelled in frustration.

"I'm sorry,I'm really sorry" Sooyoung apologized for bumping into someone while running to get to the academy on time. The person tried to hide his face.

Then she realized who it was "Oh it's you."

Kris stopped hiding,and cleared his throat "Yeah,it's me. Were you expecting someone else?" he asked awkwardly.

"No. Aren't you gonna be late to school?"

"I can just take my time,cool people don't run."

"Whatever you say."

"Are you gonna go to this school now?"

"Yeah it's the closest one to my house."

"Where did you live before?"

"I lived somewhere you wouldn't know.Sorry I don't wanna be late to the academy" she ran and left.

 

"Hello everyone, this is our new student Senior Choi Sooyoung. Let's welcome her" the teacher said to the class.

"Annyeong, my name is Choi Sooyoung, take care of me" she greeted the class.

"Don't worry we will" a voice teased and she heard smothered laughs coming from a group of boys in the back, they were familiar to her.

She bowed to everyone and hurried up to sit down.

 

She stands outside watching it rain and unable to go home until someone suddenly appears next to her with an umbrella "Do you need a ride?"

"A ride?"

"Yeah, under my umbrella."

"My name is Luhan, we've met before" he said when he saw her hesitating.

"Thank you, nice to meet you again" they walked the streets together sharing an umbrella.

 

"Do you wanna hang out with us?" he said after dropping her off.

"Who's us?"

"Me and my friends."

"You mean the ones who were in the woods with you?" she asked hesitant and he read her.

"Come on, we're not that scary-"  Luhan told her  "-there's this cabin we have near the forest and we go there to hang out."

"Where is it?"

"Meet me later tonight. I'll pick you up outside the forest."

 

She sneaked out after her study session to go wait for him near the forest.He showed up and when they arrived a clan of kids their age were waiting at the cabin with alcohol they sneaked in.

"We have drinks here if you want, serve yourself " Luhan said to her.

She looked at all the beer cups that were on the table.

"Don't worry, we're safe with our drinking. Drink up!" he handed her a beer.

She drank to her heart's content, then she doesn't know what happened after that.

 

"What are you doing to her?" asked Kris to his sister Jessica.

"Nothing, just analyzing her" she hypnotized Sooyoung till unconciousness.

"Knock it off Jessica!!!"

"Relax brother, I need to know what she is. She doesn't seem ordinary from the moment she walked in the door" Jessica continued inspecting the girl and using her powers to do so. Like the rest of them, she had a few abilities, from their shared common abilities to her special ability of reading people's eyes, past, and heart but it wasn't easily done to just everybody and it took a lot of her body energy to use that ability.

"I said stop it! " he snatched the unconscious girl away from his sister.

"What's your problem?" his older sister asks.

"You're doing something to her that you shouldn't be doing, she's a human. How many times have they told you not to use your powers uselessly?"

"How are you so sure that she's human?-" Jessica asked "-and when do we get to use our abilities if not now? Do you wanna believe and listen to everything Master says?"

"It's not because of Master, I was asked to protect her."

"By who?" Jessica interrogated.

"By someone you should listen to " he said and carried the unconscious girl to her house.

 

She wakes up feeling cold with a headache, it was dark and she found herself sleeping on the porch in the cold night breeze.

"Ahh ahhh--" she groaned in pain and headache "-- how did I get here?" she asked out loud and rubbed her head.

 

"Where were you?" she was greeted by an angry voice as soon as she entered the house  "Don't you see what time it is right now?"

"I--I was-- yeahhh I was just sitting outside... on the porch ..taking some fresh air" she shamelessly lied.

"What do you take me for? a fool" ajumma yelled.

"I didn't say that you were a fool, I just wanted to go out" Sooyoung was by surprised by the calm maid's aggressive side.

"Then make me understand where you were."

"I went out with my friend alright. Are you satisfied?"

"What kind of friend is this? Didn't I tell you to be careful wherever you go?"

"Are you my mother?--" Soooyung started getting angry  "--Why do you care so much about my whereabouts?"

"You don't get to talk to me like that young lady. I could tell your father all about this."

"I can talk to you however I want, you're just a maid here afterall. Why don't you go ahead and tell my dad? Is it really that intimidating?"

"What has gotten into you Sooyoung? I may just be a maid but I'm also the one who have always watched over you."

"And... you must have liked it so much since my mother was never really around to take care of me and you got to play mother right?" Sooyoung said in anger and frustration. She immediatly received a slap from ajumma for her rude behavior.

"Did you just slap me?--" Sooyoung was caught off guard, she held her cheek "--Okay alright, but I really don't have to listen to you."

"Whether you like it or not, you'll listen to me and you will stop with your snappy attitude."

Sooyoung looked at her intensily before leaving and slamming her bedroom door.

"What have I done? why did I slap her?" ajumma worried, holding up her hands.

 

 

 

"What happened yesterday?" Sooyoung looked for and found Luhan at the academy.

"What do you mean what happened?"

"I don't remember anything that happened last night and I woke up on my porch."

"You were just drunk so that's probably why you don't remember and my cousin dropped you off."

"You have a cousin that dropped me off?"

"Yeah, Kris, he dropped you off, don't you remember?"

"No I don't remember anything that happened last night, it's like my memory was wiped."

"Do you believe in that kinda stuff?"

"I don't believe in stuff like that but I really can't remember anything."

"Why do you wanna remember what happened so badly anyway?"

"It's not that I wanna remember, it's that I can't remember anything at all so it's weird."

"You're thinking too much newbie" he laughed and left her.

"What are you?" a female voice came from behind her.

"Who are you is what I wanna know?-" Sooyoung turned to face Jessica "-Ever since yesterday all you did was stare intently at me not even saying anything. Are you a weirdo?"

"I see you got a sharp tongue on you-" Jessica laughed "-I'm Jessica, the hottest thing in this academy. You saw me yesterday at the cabin."

"I know and you didn't even say hi. I was wondering if you were just jealous because you were no longer the only girl at the cabin."

Jessica scoffed "Pff, I'm not that petty"--------"Welcome to our school,newbie."

"Oh yeah, are you gonna hang out with us again tonight?" Jessica stopped to ask.

"I don't know,maybe."

"Alright then see you later newbie" she smiled at Sooyoung before leaving.

 

"Ahh newbie you're here" Jessica greeted when Sooyoung showed up at the cabin later on.

"My name is Sooyoung, not newbie."

"Okay Sooyoung."

"Ugh,why does he gotta be here?" Sooyoung said under her breath,noticing someone enter.

"Who?" Jessica asks her.

"Your friend Kris."

"Oh, he's not a friend, he's my brother" Jessica surprised her.

Sooyoung bit her lips in embarassement.

"Are you all related here or are any of you really friends?"

"No, only some of us are related. Luhan is our cousin."

"What are you doing here?" Kris asked Sooyoung when he saw her.

"Your sister invited me here."

"Well you shouldn't be here,leave" Kris said harshly.

"Why are you being like this Kris?" Jessica asks her brother.

"It's okay,I shouldn't be here anyway" Sooyoung said and walked out.

After a while Kris noticed someone was missing from the cabin.

"Where's Luhan?" Kris asked.

"I don't know, I saw him leave a while ago."

After hearing this, Kris stormed out of the cabin in a hurry.

 

"Where are we going Luhan?" Sooyoung asks,being dragged by the boy somewhere in the forest.

He turned around giving her a mischevious look "I can't tell you until we're here" he continued dragging her.

"I don't think I should wander around like this" she tried to pull her hand out of his grip,but he was too strong.

"Well, you're not going anywhere until we get where we're going" he said menacingly.

"What are you doing? why are you holding me like this?" Sooyoung struggled to get free.

"Stop being stubborn and let's go" he pulled her.

Kris suddenly came out of nowhere and blocked their path.

"Where are you two going?" he noticed her arm being forcefully pulled by Luhan.

"We..'re going" Sooyoung didn't even know where she was being dragged to.

"We were going to the farm house" Luhan said.

"That's not the right way."

"I was just taking a shortcut."

"You were taking me to a farm house,why couldn't you just tell me?"

"I'm gonna go with you two" Kris said.

"If you want" Luhan said indifferent.

They visited the farm and the farm house. Sooyoung was busy helping the farmers when Kris pulled Luhan aside.

"What were you trying to do to her?"

"I told you we were coming here. Hyung do you not trust me?"

"No" Kris flat out said "Your mom asked me to keep an eye on her but you're not making it easy for me."

"Why is that hyung?"

"Because you're acting suspicious.Looks like to me you were thinking of taking her somewhere else." 

"Where do you think that somewhere else is?"

"Maybe you were taking her to Master."

"What if I did,isn't that what we should do knowing who she is?"

"Your mother must have a good reason to ask me to look over her."

"Then why would she ask you and not her own son?"

"Look,I don't know alright.I just know that she really needs to trust you right now not to do anything stupid.I need your help watching over her."

"Hyung, I'm sorry but that's the last thing I wanna do.I was always taught that people like her,were our enemies" he left after making it clear that he would not help his mother.

 

"Where's Luhan?" Sooyoung asks when Kris came back alone.

"He left, let me drop you home."

"Couldn't he stay and drop me home?" her words hinting that she didn't wanna go with him.

"Well, I'm the only one you got so deal with it."

They walked through the forest to get to her house, she walk ahead not wanting to talk or interact with him.

"Watch out" he suddenly yelled,she turned around to see him dash towards her like the speed of light and he caught her just in time.

They stood there staring at each other for the longest time "What are you doing?" she said trying to break free from his arms,but she was only going to fall back into what he saved her from,he pulled her back again "Don't you see where you're stepping? Do you not look when you walk?" he raised his voice and pointed to a trapping pit on the ground.

"Is that a trap hole?"

"Yes it is, be careful where you step" he let go of her safely.

"Why is it here?"

"I don't know, to catch wild animals,"

"Who.."

"I don't know who put it here" he cut her off.

She looked back at the hole before leaving wondering if the trap pit was made intentionally.

"This is why you shouldn't come here, it's dangerous."

"Why is it dangerous? Is it because you don't want me here?"

"Why are you so stubborn?"

"Because I don't take orders from the likes of you."

"What do you know about the likes of me?" Kris scoffed.

"Aren't you the type that acts all cool,cocky,cold and shut people down?"

"What, are you interested in my type?"

"Eww,Never."

 

 

 

 

"Hey Babe" Jessica yells to Sooyoung who was walking down the hallway to get to class.

"When did I become your babe?" Sooyoung asks back.

"Ever since we met, I liked you. You're very mysterious, hope to see you at our cabin tonight."

"Mysterious?" Sooyoung laughed "You're a really weird girl."

"Well, I can't say I'm not because I'm not your usual, normal girl."

"Unusual? How so?"

"I am something you'd never imagine..." Jessica started but got pulled away by Kris showing up all of a sudden.

"Excuse me, can I borrow her?" Kris says to Sooyoung ,and to Jessica "We need to have a talk."

"Do you wanna die? How many times have we told you not to run your damn mouth to people?" Kris asked Jessica.

"I wasn't gonna say anything serious.."

"Then why were you talking about being abnormal and unusual? Don't you know who she is by the way?"

"She's the hunter's daughter I know."

"Then why do you keep hanging out with her and telling our secret?"

"I wasn't telling her our secret, I'm just getting to know her so I can know how to deal with her. What her true intentions are or why she strike me as being so mysterious."

"Then what's taking you so long? Are your powers that defunct?"

"What! Defunct? Just so you know she's not that easy to read."

"You say that for almost every person you try to read."

"Then do you wanna bring her to Master so he can read her better?" she treathened.

"Why would you even ask me that?"

"Because I know who asked you to protect her but don't get in my way or we're gonna have problems. You know how I am when I throw tantrums."

"Okay, you can read her all you want but don't play with her too much" he said worrying, as he knew Jessica can get out of hand sometimes.

She stood there staring at him silently and snickered. 

"What?" Kris asks.

"I know you like her."

"No I don't."

"That's where you underestimate my powers because I can already read your feelings towards her-" she stuck her tongue out "-Idiot."

"What did I do in my past life to be stuck with you as a sister?"

 

 

 

Sooyoung left her home quietly in the dark night when she was supposed to be asleep to go to the cabin. She roamed through the quiet, eerie and dark forest until she got to her destination, the cabin in the forest. When she got there, there was no sign of the others being there, she stood outside looking by the windows for a sign. She walked all around the cabin calling Jessica's name but nobody answered, she waited a bit and when she got tired of waiting decided to go back home.

As soon as she took a step, she felt something or someone watching her. Then as she took slower steps and her heart started beating faster,she felt something breathing behind her neck. She continued walking slowly and carefully on the soft shallow ground while trying to look over her shoulder at every step she takes. Everytime she turned,there was that feeling of being followed when she wasn't even far from the cabin,fear took over her and she decided to run.She could hear something run right after her and could only think of getting away. She e last time to see something rushed by like lightning.

"Why are you running?" he stopped in front of her all of a sudden.

She screamed,closed her eyes in fear and her knees gave out under her. She was breathing hard and was surprised to see Kris standing in front of her.

"Wh-hat are you doing here?" she said trying to regain composure "You scared me to death. Were you following me?"

He looked at her indifferent "Why would I follow you? I just showed up here." he helped her up.

"Why are you shirtless?-" she asked when she was no longer scared and had time to notice things "-In this cold night."

"Why is it any of your business what I do?" he replied standing in front of her,locking eyes with her.

"I-I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to tell you what to do-" she turned her face away from him  "-I went to the cabin and no one was there."

"Are you sure? When I left everyone was there. Let's go back."

They walked the path to the cabin in silence, with Sooyoung following after him.

"Can I ask you something? What was it that was following me?"

"How are you so sure something was following you?"

"I don't know, I mean I can feel it and I even saw something fly by real fast. What was it?"

"Aren't you seeing things now?"

"No,I'm not seeing things. Or maybe it was you following me."

He made an abrupt stop to face her.

"Do you wish I was following you?" he asked and waited for an answer with tension growing between them "No no, that's not what I meant" Sooyoung replied embarassed and burdened.

 

 

"Hey, you're here, we've been waiting for you." Jessica greeted Sooyoung.

"Where were you?" Kris asks Luhan in front of everyone.

Luhan was bothered and nervous "I was here with everyone else."

"Were you really?"

"Yeah,really he was" Jessica defended her cousin.

Both Kris and Luhan were now having stare down contest.

"Hey,what's wrong with you two?" Jessica tried to dispel their confrontation "Let all of us play a game" she told the others.

All of them sat down in a circle to play spin the bottle. Xiumin,Chanyeol,Luhan,Kris,Jessica, were all there in addition to a few more friends in the circle Seohyun,Yuri,Krystal,Lay,Tao,and Sehun.

Rules of spin the bottle game: spin the bottle,whoever it lands on is who you choose and who you get to kiss.

 

"Are you two sisters?" Sooyoung asked the two girls Seohyun and Yuri.

"Hahah, and you always think I'm kidding when I say you two look like sisters" Jessica laughed.

"We're not sisters, we're friends.This is my sister Krystal,I'm Yuri-" Yuri intoduced her siblings "-And that's my brother Tao."

"Yeah and those are our friends Seohyun,Lay,and maknae Sehun" Luhan introduced the rest.

"Alright, let's get to the game!" Jessica clapped excitedly to get their attention.

 

 

    

 

 

Jessica handed the bottle to the first person, Luhan who hesitated to take the bottle.

"Take it,you're first."

He spins it and it lands on Xiumin, he let out a little smile and all his friend were snickering.

"I bet you've been waiting for this day Luhan" Chanyeol teased because Luhan and Xiumin were known to be like two peas in a pod and Luhan was almost obsessed with his friend.

"Knock it off!" Xiumin laughed.

"Wow,the lovebirds are gonna kiss" the other boys cheered,which made Luhan embarassed and he blushed.

Luhan nervously moved his head to kiss Xiumin so the latter quickly pecked him on the lips.

"What was that?" Chanyeol asked "I didn't even see anything,it was too quick" he teased.

He received a smack in the head from Jessica for teasing others "Knock it off Yeolie!"

It was now Xiumin's turn to spin the bottle and it landed on Luhan's crush,Seohyun.Which made Luhan uncomfortable seeing her best friend and crush kiss.

When Seohyun spinned,it landed on Chanyeol and when it was Chanyeol's turn to spin,he nervously waited to see who it would land on and it was Jessica.Chanyeol couldn't believe it as he was trying to hide his excitement getting ready to kiss his lifelong crush.Almost everybody in the room knew of his obvious love for Jessica except for Jessica herself who was oblivious and Sooyoung who's new to the circle.Jessica treated Chanyeol like a little brother and never caught on to his feelings.

He was getting ready to kiss Jessica but she stopped it "Hold on,I can't kiss you Chanyeol.You're like a brother to me.I treat you the same way I treat Kris."

"What!" Chanyeol cried foul "there was nothing like this to the rule about who we could kiss."

"I'm sorry Yeollie!"

"That is so unfair" he complained,feeling cheated out of the kiss.

"I agree it's unfair" Kris who has been staying quiet during the whole game spoke up.

"Thank you hyung" Chanyeol said.

Soon,everybody was ganging up on Jessica and agreed with Chanyeol.

"Wait! Wait!" Jessica said while Chanyeol laced his arms around her neck to kiss her.

"No waiting!" he said seductively to her and kissed her so hard, Jessica was shocked.

Sooyoung was laughing and having a blast around these silly kids,she couldn't help but love hanging out with them.Which didn't go unnoticed by Kris who would once in a while gaze over at her.

It then landed on Sooyoung when it was Jessica's turn,that got the latter too excited.

"Woo,never thought a day like this would present itself" Jessica joked and cheered on herself,it made Sooyoung laugh seeing her silly side.

"Come here baby!" she called to Sooyoung using her index finger "we're gonna make out" so it happened that way.

The two french kissed each other,tongue in tongue.It was obvious and needless to say that Jessica's influence was getting big on Sooyoung.The boys couldn't believe their eyes,Seohyun was sitting there blushing innocently while the rest of the girls cheered loudly on them.Their kiss was getting intense as Jessica was so into it,she positioned herself closer to Sooyoung so it would be better.Meanwhile Chanyeol's eyes were shooting out fire.

"Yah,Yah,Yah! that's enough" Luhan yelled at both of the girls.

They broke away from each other,and Jessica had that gleam in her eyes from satisfaction.She wiped a little spit next to her lips with her finger.

"That's the best kiss I've ever had."

"Jessica,are you gay?" Chanyeol asked rashly,surprising everyone there with the question.

Jessica shot him a glare "That was just for fun."

"Yeah,it looks like you had too much fun." 

"What's your problem?"

"Hey,stop it you two.Let's just keep playing" Kris said.

Now everyobdy was waiting for Sooyoung to spin the bottle.She spinned and it landed on Yuri.

"Should I go hard like Jessica?" Yuri joked and received a glare from Jessica.

Everyone was done spinning their turn,then Jessica noticed only one person didn't.

"Kris,you're the only one it didn't land on."

They all took turns spinning again just so it would land on Kris but it never did.

"I guess it just wasn't meant to be" he said proudly,dreading having to kiss anyone especially his male friends or even worse his sister.

"Okay I have an idea,you're gonna play a different game" Jessica had something up her sleeve.She wiggled her eyebrows "You will spin the bottle but we will decide if it's truth or dare.Or maybe both depends on who it lands on."

"Why do I have to do this?" Kris complained but spinned the bottle against his will.

Sooyoung sat there clueless and staring when it landed on her.

"What do we think Kris should do,truth or dare?" Jessica asks everyone aside from Kris and Sooyoung,they discussed it and she came back with their choice.

"Everyone chose the dare" Jessica said "We want you to kiss Sooyoung....dramatically" Jessica made kissing sounds and mocked Kris.

Kris stared at Sooyoung before proceeding.

"Okay,one kiss and we're done."

He lifted Sooyoung off her feet and kissed her, the kiss was sweet and enchanting to people who witnessed them kissing so woo-hoo' could be heard from the cabin.It was a sweet scene for Jessica who truly believed that Kris liked Sooyoung.

Sooyoung was still in awe and touched her lips after they broke away from each other, but he seemed indifferent.

 

It became late and dark,almost time for games,drinking to be over and for Sooyoung to go home but everyone was now too preocupied with their own hobbies to drop Sooyoung home.

Jessica got up to go in the kitchen and Chanyeol followed her.

"Jessica,tell me something. Are you gay?" Chanyeol asked Jessica who's standing on the other side of the kitchen table they're surrounding, getting something in the cupboard.

"Why are you following me? You haven't stopped making feel uncomfortable the whole night and you're embarassing me.What's your problem really?"

"Answer the question.Are you into girls?"

"Don't ask me these type of questions.Are you being rude to me because I treat you nicely as if you were my brother?"

"Don't pull the brotherly card.Everytime I tried to talk to you seriously,you pull that card out."

"Then what do you want me to say?" Jessica yelled,frustrated.

"Answer with the truth.Are you a lesbian?"

"You're so disgusting" Jessica threw something at him,on the brink of tears. Not feeling like she had to answer to him and they started fighting,going back and forth.

"You can't answer my question,and it seems like you were also having too much fun kissing Sooyoung earlier."

"What's it to you whatever I am?" Jessica approached him.

"It matters to me because I like you and need an answer from you."

"What?"

"I'm just sick and tired of you always stringing me along, only to flirt with other people and treat me..we're not related.I don't need you to act like a sister to me."

"So you think you're good enough for me?"

"Here we go again with you always trying to belittle me and acting like I'm a kid" Chanyeol backed her completely into a corner "I can handle possessive,jealous,self centered narcissistic girls like you."

"If I am so bad then why do you like me?"

"Because despite all of that you have a big heart,you're fierce" then he whispered something in her ear "and I would like to you."

She immediately smacked him across the face.

"You wouldn't slap those guys that bedded you and left you before when you were really ty, would you?" he whispered to her "Is that why you're into girls now?" he hit a spot for Jessica who got really mad. Whose nails transformed into claws and she tried to strike Chanyeol with it.He caught her claws just in time "Answer me and stop playing around with me" he shook her senseless.Her eyes turned a fiery yellow in fear and anger and she escaped out of Chanyeol's paws,then he sped right after her.

They both disappeared like lightning in front of Sooyoung's eyes who was watching the whole scene.She bat her eyes to see if she wasn't hallucinating then she wondered how those two left so rapidly.She got freaked out and turned around to leave the kitchen when she bumped into someone who saw her watching everything.

"Oh you were here?" she said to him "You scared me." she tried leaving as fast as she could but her path was blocked.

"What did you see just then?"

"I saw nothing" she said scared.

"Well,you're not getting out of here so easily after you've seen everything" he said threatening.

l

l

l

l

"I swear I didn't see anything."

 

Comment,subscribe and upvote readers!