Chapter two

Hunter's daughter
She couldn't fall sleep again that same night. She tossed and turned thinking about the incident and the stranger she met that day, she asked herself why he was so worried about an animal that didn't belong to him. It was a cold and dark night again,the trees in the forest were blowing strongly again,the whooshing wind just as powerful. She layed there forcing herself to sleep,it felt so uncomfortable even more than the previous night she couldn't sleep but she couldn't shake off this eerie feeling that she was being watched that night. She quickly crept under her covers to forget about everything and after a while fell into a deep sleep.
 
 
"Ajumma,what did you make this morning?" Sooyoung came in the kitchen as soon as she woke up,yawning all the way downstairs.
 
"Ah,you're here.Looks like you had a good night sleep-" ajumma smiled at her "-but why do you have dark circles?"
 
"It's probably because it took me a long time to sleep last night"
 
"Are you okay? Are you having sleep problems?" Ajumma examined her face.
 
"Yes I'm okay. Don't worry-" Sooyoung said sitting down "-ajumma,can I ask you something?"
 
"What is it Soo?"
 
"Never mind,it's probably nothing" she thought before speaking.
 
"If you don't ask me then who are you gonna ask?"
 
"Well,it's just...I don't know. Have you ever felt like you were being watched?"
 
"Being watched? What do you mean? By who?"
 
"I don't know by who,it's just a feeling"
 
"Are you being watched by the person who followed you yesterday?"
 
"I don't think so"
 
"Be careful Soo,and don't tell people who you are when you're out there by yourself. Not everybody would like it"
 
"It's not really who I am but who my father is" she said sadly.
 
 
 
 
"Why were you watching her?"
 
"Because she has something to return."
 
"It's still dangerous to go to human houses at night."
 
"I won't stop watching her until she returns it."
 
"I forbid you from going to her house at night. She probably knows someone is watching her."
 
 
 
After running a few errands for the day, Sooyoung came back home to feed the pup. She brings it outside to the porch for it to get some fresh air.
 
"Do you like the food you cutie cutie?" She pets the pup while it was eating out of her hands.
"Thank you for staying quiet while I was gone" she lifts it up and kissed it.
 
 
"Why don't you come out?" She says out of the blue.
 
The same guy she met before showed himself " how did you know I was here?"
 
"I can feel someone watching me, were you the one watching me last night too?"
 
He didn't answer because he fet like he was already caught.
 
"Are you some kind of ert or something?"
 
"What! A ert?" he approached her " I'm here to get the pup and I'm not leaving without it."
 
"Don't hold your breath you " she puts the pup down near his food and stood up.
 
"I'm not a , if you wanna know my name you can just ask."
 
She stood there staring at his handsome face,acting like she wasn't interested to know who he was.
 
"The name's Kris and I'm here to get what doesn't belong to you."
 
"You can just go back where you came from,because this dog is not leaving here and it doesn't belong to you either" she yells at him.
 
"It's not a dog you idiot.I already told you, do you want me to forcibly take it from you?" he yelled back at her,angry.
 
She suddenly burst out screaming in terror "Wh..what was that?" she puts a hand over in fear,distancing herself from him.
 
"What was what?"
 
"Your teeth, they were really really big ...an-nd long."
 
"Aren't you a funny one with a big imagination?"
 
"I-I thought..I saw..I must be seeing things then" she closed her eyes and shook her head.
 
"Anyway I'm not giving him to you."
 
"This pup belongs to my neighbor." 
 
"lies."
 
He tried to force himself past her to get the baby wolf but she stood in his way "get off my porch,get out!"
 
"I command you to give me the animal." he touched her gazing and staring intensely into her eyes.
 
"Here is the animal" she said, taking and handing him the pup hypnotized.
 
"From now on I forbid you from playing with a wolf. It is not an object, it needs its freedom not a cage." He kept talking to her in her state of hypnosis.
 
"From now on I will no longer play with a wolf, it is not an object ,it needs its freedom not a cage."
 
"Good girl,you're easy to manipulate."
 
"Good girl,you're easy to manipulate" she repeated.
 
"What happened to me?" she asked after he snapped his fingers to take her out of her trance.
 
"You realized this poor animal needed to be freed so you gave it to me so I can return it to its rightful home" and on that note,he left but she stood there stunned,not knowing what really happened.
 
 
She walked back inside the house confused and thinking,talking quietly to herself.
"Are you okay Soo?" asked the maid
 
"I don't know,something just happened-" she approached the ajumma "-ajumma something weird happened..like I was talking to this guy and then I didn't know that I kept talking to him and did things that I don't even remember."
 
"Sooyoung what are you talking about? you've been off lately."
 
"It's hard to explain what happened because I'm not even sure myself."
 
 
Every little thing that happened to Sooyoung made her more curious about this village she was living in, she made it a habit to visit many places in her new village but she was especially curious about the mysterious forest that everybody warned her about.
 
"Sooyoung, I heard you went near the forest the other day. I don't want you as even close to it,that's an order" said her hunter dad.
 
"Sooyoung be careful when you're out by yourself and don't go in the forest. Dont even walk near it" said the maid at another time.
 
She wondered why everyone was so particular about telling her to stay away from the forest but she still did not listen. She decided to explore one afternoon, she made her way to the forest outskirts. She wore boots to make sure her legs were safe from any scratches in the wooded forest.
 
She roamed through the forest the whole afternoon,bored that all she saw was as much as a rabbit,a deer and a few other animals so she decided to make her way back home. While she walks back,she again got a gut feeling that she was being followed, she turned around and saw nobody so she proceeded to follow her path home but strange noises in the forest caught her attention for the second time.
She heard heavy steps coming towards her and she got a moment of panic and ran.
While running to get away, her feet tripped on a tree root and she fell face first onto the ground,she quickly gets up her arm all bruised and continued running with all her might.
 
She stopped when she didn't know why she was running anymore. She looked around,and saw nothing,she stopped to listened but she heard nothing. She carefully continued walking when she noticed something on a tree,she slowly approached and saw a guy standing on the really tall tree.
She turned around in fright when she suddenly felt someone tap her shoulder, it was anoher guy. She spinned around again when she heard a whistling directed at her, she was now facing two guys,with one still dangling on a tree.
 
"Who do we have here? who let little red riding hood wander around in the woods?" asked the guy who tapped her shoulders,he was cute,tall,and slender with a mischevious smile on his face.
 
"And she's pretty too. What's your name?" asked the second guy,he was tall too,dark,cute with big ears,wide eyes and a deep voice coming out of his mouth.
"My name is..." she turned her attention to the third guy who came down the tree. He was short,cute,with spiky hair and exotic slanted eyes.
 
""Hi my name is Xiumin-" he shook her hands "-What's yours?" he asked cutely.
 
"Hm-m,excuse me guys but I have to go" she quickly stepped on it to leave,the first guy stopped her.
 
"Come on! you're not really leaving without telling me your name first right,you pretty thing?" he
touched a strand of her hair.
 
"Who are you then?"she asked worried.
 
"We asked you first" insisted the second guy.
 
"I was just about to leave anyway. I wasn't trying to get in your way."
 
"We know,we're the ones who saw you looking all lost and followed you."
 
"I-I wasn't lost."
 
"You can't be wandering in the woods and not let us know who you are" said the second guy.
 
"I'm new in the neighborhood,I just moved here. I live outside the forest,I'm Sooyoung" she said reluctantly.
 
"You just moved to the neighborhood?-" asked Xiumin,sratching his chin "-Isn't that the hunter's house?."
 
"Hunter? what hunter? there's a hunter in this neighborhood?" Sooyoung feigned ignorance.
 
"Yeah,I thought everybody around here knew,he just recently moved here" second guy told.
 
"I didn't know,I just moved here too."
 
"Then how come we didn't hear about a second family moving here? By the way,these are Luhan and Chanyeol" Xiumin seemed by far the smartest of the three,even though he seemed careless.
 
"Why do you look suspicious?-" asked Luhan who was quiet for a while "-It's weird that you haven't heard of the hunter?"
 
"Anyway,why is that certain hunter the talk of the town?" she asked.
 
"Because he's a hunter,he's very famous. He hunts" says Luhan with his eyes trying to deduce suspicions.
 
"What do you guys know about that hunter?"
 
"We know he's rich,famous,has a wife and recently learned he had daughter"
 
"What exactly does he hunt after?"
 
"I don't know...animals" Luhan said.
 
"Guys,where are you?-" asked a voice coming towards them "-I smelled you guys..." he stopped talking when he noticed the familiar girl.
 
"You? What are you doing here?" asked Kris.
 
"What? I can't be here?"
 
"No,you need to leave immediatly"
 
"Are these your friends?"
 
"Yes,now leave" he rushed her to leave.
 
 
 
"Hyung,do you know her?" Luhan asks
 
"Yes,stay away from her"
 
"Hyung,who is she?
 
"She's nobody you're interested in"
 
"Try me" and "I wanna know"
 
"I can't tell you guys"
 
"Then if you don't tell,we will find her and ask her"
 
"You can't do that,she's a human"
 
"Bite me"
 
"I really can't and shouldn't tell you guys,just stay far from her"
 
"Is she crazy,hyung?"----------  "No."
 
"Then,I'm gonna go find her."
 
"She's the hunter's daughter alright,don't tell anybody."
 
"What? why didn't you  tell us before?"
 
"Because I'm not supposed to."
 
"What, are we not supposed to hunt her like her dad does to us?"
 
"Your mother asked me to keep it a secret,alright."
 
"Why would she ask you that?"
 
 
 
When she came home from her little trip,Sooyoung quietly made her way upstairs,not drawing attention to herself. She tiptoed suspiciously upstairs so no one would see her and was about to enter her bedroom.
"Where were you all this time?" asked the ajumma who's being waiting on her for hours.
 
"Ajumma you scared me. I went for a little walk in the neigborhood"
 
"I thought you got lost or something"
 
"Don't worry about me"
 
"Aren't you worried about me?-" she pulled Sooyoung to herself showing her anger "-Aren't you worried about my job? What if your father had already shown up and ask for you.You would have gotten me in trouble"
 
"Trouble? I'm not a child so why would my father hold you responsible for my actions?."
 
"I'm not your nanny anymore but he still expects me to watch over you."
 
"Then don't do it if you dislike it or if it makes you feel burdened. I'm not your child anyway."
 
 
 
 
"Mother,why are you protecting that girl?" Luhan asked his mom.
 
"Because she needs it."
 
"Don't you know who she is?"
 
"Of course I know."
 
"Then why are you protecting her? she's the hunter's daughter."
 
"We need to be careful around her.Did you meet her today?"
 
"Yeah I did,but since we know she's the hunter's daughter shouldn't we do something about this?"
 
"Like what?"
 
"Like I don't know,hunting her down just like her father does to us and punishing her."
 
"Well,I want you to stay away from her if you aren't gonna protect her."
 
"What if I decide to chase her down?"
 
"Then I'll have your head on a silver platter,son" his mom treathened.
 
"How come you never told us he had a daughter?"
 
"Because I didn't think it was important."