Chapter one

Hunter's daughter

They were a family of hunters, she was a daughter in that family. They had just moved to a new neighborhood,near the deep dark forest where big castle like houses stood. She hated that they were settling in a new place just to pursue dad's interest. She loved her previous house in the city,but now she had to leave all her friends and activities behind moving into this new place.

Her father was a prominent hunter,he took his job seriously. He was so passionate and immersed in his occupation that he wanted to move out of the city and into the village near the forest. So it happened,he moved with his wife and daughter not wanting to separate from them while immersed in his work.

The hunter's daughter was tall and slender, with a kind face and long dark brown hair. She stood near the wide window of her new house, breathing in the air that she was not used to,the calm breeze was soft and caressed her soft tan skin,so much she thought "Maybe I could get used to this." She looked down from her elevated second floor room and saw this deep green forest,it was so dark and almost mysterious. She was looking fixedly at the deep dark forest,her gaze never wavering until the breeze turned wild and turbulent blowing through her hair and face. She hurried and closed the heavy window, and pulled the curtains.

She fell on her bed tired from her busy day and slept till late in the night when she got woken up by howling wind in the forest. Rubbing her sleepy face,she sat on her bed listening in on the strong wind from outside,it was almost like the sound of animals howling. She felt cold and creeped out,so she quietly set her foot down and walked to the window in the dark pulling on her sweater.

She didn't like how pitch dark it was in the night,and when she looked out the window to the forest,even the moon had a mysterious dark glow to it covered by the clouds. She shuddered when she heard the loud whooshing sound through the woods,her heart rate raising a bit. She quickly went back to bed but after a long while she couldn't sleep.

She walked down the stairs and went to a cupboard in the kitchen to get some of her mother's sleeping pills. She gulped it down with a glass of milk,waited in the kitchen with a book in hand reading while everyone else skip to dreamland.

 

"Sooyoung-" the maid shook her up "-wake up,why are you sleeping in the kitchen?." She woke up from sleeping on the table,wiping drool off her face.

"Did I sleep here?" rubbing the side of her face from the pain of sleeping on the hard table, not realizing that she slept like a log after taking the sleeping pills.

"Your mother would be mad that you slept like his on her table after gulping down her sleeping pills" the maid pointed to the sleeping pill bottle and her drool left on the table.

"Who cares? Is she even my mother?."

"Ahh" she screamed when the maid hits her for that comment "What was that for?."

"Don't say things like that. Are you still fighting with your mother?."

Sooyoung could only frown.

"Ajummma, did you make breakfast?" she changed the subject to her favorite thing,food.

"Not yet, I just came."

"Make me a nice breakfast please" she cutely backhugged the maid she's been close to ever since she was a child and who she was basically raised by.

"I will,when have I ever made you bad food?-" she affectionately rubbed Sooyoung's hair "-now leave my kitchen."

She considered Sooyoung a daughter almost, because she had been raising the former ever since she was a baby even though she had a mom and even when the maid had her own family at home. Sooyoung's mom had been too busy with her social life and activities to care for her daughter. She was only there to provide her daughter with materialistic things,shopping,girl's day out and advice on boys that Sooyoung didn't really care for. The maid on the other hand provided the affection and comfort,both women loved her with different ways of showing it.

"Ajumma,I'm going for a little walk,I'll come back soon for breakfast."

She had seen how beautiful the weather look in the morning,so she decided to take a walk and get to know the neighborhood where she will now reside. She walked a bit far from her house,stopping to look at everything interesting in her path,until she got near the forest. She was picking out some beautiful yellow flowers to make a bouquet when she heard a small bush moving and rustling. When the noise stopped,she carefully walked towards the bush to see what was behind it. She was walking quietly,on her tippytoes approaching the unknown object when the bush suddenly moved again,something running at full force now outside the bush.

Sooyoung screamed frozen in place, throwing her flowers in the air. She stopped screaming when she saw something white running and making circles around her.

"It was you who scared me you little thing" she put a hand over her chest to feel her heart. She sighed and felt embarassed to have been scared by a dog.

"Come here you cute puppy.Where did you come from?" she picked up the little animal "Do you have an owner?" she looked around and saw nobody.

"Well,they will pick you up at my house if they need,I can't leave you here. I know just where to put you."

"Cutie cutie" she said when the puppy started moving around in her hands,whimpering.

She looked around one last time before snatching the little animal and running away with it to her house.

Meanwhile somebody saw everything and followed her.

 

She went home to look for a cage and came back outside on her porch to put the puppy in the cage and feed it.

"No!!!" someone yelled after she finished feeding it and was putting the animal in the cage.

A tall guy suddenly appears on her front porch,facing her.

"Where did you come from?."

"I followed you here when I saw you take him."

"Is it yours? If It was then why did you let me take him when you saw me leaving with him?."

"Give it back."

"Well it's not yours" she turned to put him in the cage.

"Stop,I'm telling you to stop."

She stopped to look at him "Who are you coming in my house and yelling at me?"

"You don't need to know who I am,just give it back."

"The dog isn't yours so why would I give it to you?."

He gave her a stupid look.

"It's not a dog."

She laughed after looking at the dog again "Are you gonna tell me now what a dog look like you weird..stranger?."

They stood there staring at each other,but she took notice how handsome he looked.

"It's a wolf.A baby wolf."

"That's a wolf " surprised at what she thought was a dog the whole time.

He was approaching her to take the baby pup when Sooyoung regained her composure.

"Get away from us" she yelled.

 

"Sooyoung,what took you so long? I thought you said you were going to be back soon for breakfast? Where were you? and why are you yelling?" 

"I just went for a walk and this guy followed me" she pointed at the stranger.

"What guy?" the maid asked her not seeing anybody.

"He was here...did he leave?."

"How did he leave so quickly?" she reasoned in her head.

The maid shook her head "come and eat. The food got cold " then when Sooyoung got inside that's when the maid noticed the pup she was holding.

"Where did you get this?." 

"From..near the forest. It's a wolf " she said happily.

"I know but why did you bring it here?."

"I'm going to raise it."

"What? is that why you never came back for your food? You know your parents would not want a wolf in the house,right?" the maid looked her straight in the eyes.

"But it's not that kind of wolf ajumma."

"It doesn't matter,you will be in trouble for it."

"Please let me keep it,it's so cute.I promise I will hide it and we won't get in trouble."

"We? when did I become an accomplice?."

"Since you let me keep him" she was begging cutely.

"Okay you can have him" the maid said reluctantly "but make sure your parents can't see or know that he's here."

"Thank you thank you ajumma" she kissed the pup and went to her room.

 

 

*to continue...