The Screaming Crows (2)

The Brilliant High

I'm sorry, yeorobun because I couldn't post the story yesterday. I was so busy and tired :'(

But now I'll bring you the next chapter! Are you ready? :D

 

 

“Yippee!!!” Taeyeon yelled like crazy right after she woke up.
“Yippeee...” Victoria repeated, with blank expression. She woke up and rubbed her eyes then yawned. 
“Go sleep again, eonni...You’re noisy...” Amber said with sleepy tone then took her blanked and covered her head with it.   
Taeyeon didn’t hear them. She tapped Victoria’s shoulder and kicked slowly Amber’s .
“Wake up, girls! It’s a brand new day! Our first holiday! YIPPEEE!” she yelled again.
“Yippee...” Victoria repeated and yawned again. 
“Noisy...” Amber said again and tried to sleep. 
Key was in the kitchen, helped his grandmother to prepare the breakfast. Sungmin was the first person who woke up after Taeyeon. His eyes still looked sleepy.
“Morning, Key...” he said and Key smiled,
“Morning, hyung...” he replied and took plates in front of him. Sungmin’s eyes quickly opened.
“Hmmm, looks really delicious!”
Key’s grandmother smiled widely,
“Delicious, hm? This is not the usual Omurice. I gave my special ingredients in it. And this is my special fish soup. The main element is the broth. And this is...”
Key laughed,
“Stop it, halmeoni! Look, Sungmin hyung already drooling,” 
Sungmin gulped many times, only with Key’s grandmother explanation. Key’s grandmother laughed,
“Omo, young man! I’ll give you extra food today, you’re so awesome!”
Sungmin’s face turned really bright immediately.
“Really, halmeoni? Omo, jeongmal gamsahamnida!”
Taeyeon appeared with Victoria. 
“Where’s Kyu hyung, Amber and Onew hyung?”
“Kyu still in his room with Onew and Amber,” Taeyeon answered. Key frown,
“Huh? Amber too? What’re they doing?” he asked and Taeyeon shrugged.
“Molla.”
So they ate the breakfast first. Five minutes before the finished, Kyu, Onew and Onew appeared. Their face looked strange.
“Hey guys! What’re you doing?” Taeyeon asked. Kyu shook his head and said,
“I’m hungry.”
“Ya, that’s not an answer!”
Onew took his plate and said,
“Something interesting, eonni,”
Victoria looked at him,
“Interesting? What is that?”
Amber shook her head and smiled,
“You won’t believe this. Really, really interesting,”
Sungmin looked really curious, and he’s not the only one,
“Ya, tell us! It’s like you give us a riddle to solve,”
“It’s really a riddle, Sungminie...” Kyu said.
Taeyeon looked annoyed.
“Oh, stop it, Kyu. Key, what’s the plan for today?”
Key smiled and thought for a while,
“Wanna see the lake? Oh, and the handicraft store! It’s really big and wonderful! And...and our ancient funeral...”
Key’s grandmother stopped him,
“No, you can’t see the village funeral. It’s creepy and boring,”
Victoria shook her head,
“Boring? No! Halmeoni, it’s interesting! Key, is it really an ancient funeral?” she asked and Key looked at his grandmother for a while before answered,
“Mmm. Yes. Since 1920,”
Sungmin amazed,
“Uwaaah...1920? How cool...” 
Key’s grandmother shook her head,
“Believe me, kid. You don’t wanna go there. Beside, the funeral is closed for the visitor,”
Everyone protested,
“Eeeh? Closed? Aaah...I wanna go there...” Taeyeon looked really dissapointed. 
“Looks really interesting...” Sungmin’s face turned sullen.
“It’s not cool...” Victoria added.
Key quickly cherished them,
“Eh, but there’re many interesting place too! Hey, I’ll bring you to see the villagers make the handicraft! You can learn how to make it too!”
Taeyeon and Victoria’s face quickly turned bright.
“Really! OK! Let’s do that!”
Sungmin agreed too,
“Mmm. It’s interesting,”
Only Kyu, Onew and Amber who didn’t say anything. They looked at each other quizzically.
***
“Hey, I’m finished!” Victoria yelled.
“Me too!” Sungmin added.
Victoria and Sungmin showed their bracelets with really happy face. The woman who taught them looked happy.
“Omo, good, kids!You’ll be a good handcrafter!"
“It’s fun, Key! I’ll make a necklace too then...” Amber seemed really enjoy it too. 
The woman really happy with Amber too,
“You’re really good, young girl!” 
“Halmeoni! I still can’t do this!” Taeyeon protested. Kyu grinned.
“You really don’t have talent, Tae, hahaha,” he laughed loudly. Taeyeon quickly stared at him.
“Grrrr...Kyu! What about you? Is that a bracelet! Even the kids doing that better and...” 
Key quickly panicked,
“Eh, eh, don’t fight! Noona, I’ll teach you, look, you must entwine them like this...” 
After that, they visited the Bokji Lake. It’s really a beautiful lake, with so many gooses. Taeyeon and Victoria looked really happy when they gave the gooses food. The lake is across a wide forest. The forest looked really dark and creepy. Sungmin suddenly heard a weird sound. It’s like there’re many birds screaming together at the same time. He’s right, because he saw something black at the sky. He looked at the forest and said,
“Key? What about that forest? It looks...” but he didn’t finish his story. Key stopped him by said,
“Now I’ll bring you to see the villagers! You can ask their daily lives...”
Sungmin frown. Kyu gave him strange looks but didn’t say anything. 
They came back to the village and saw the villager’s life. They’re so friendly and kind. But weirdly, almost all the villagers are in an old age. The younger villagers only the babies and kids under 10. 
“Um...Key, why there’re no teenagers here?” Taeyeon looked around, confused.
“Wae, Tae? Are you looking for ulzzang?” Kyu grinned but Taeyeon ignored him. 
Key smiled,
“Yes. This is a traditional village. Some people send their children to study in other city,” he answered.
“Oh...” Taeyeon nodded. 
“So, the only left is the older one?” Victoria asked and Key nodded.
“Mmm. They only come back after they finished their studies,” he said but Sungmin frown.
“But...If they come back after they finished their studies, why I can’t see 30 years old villager here? The younger here perhaps 50 years old man...” 
Key surprised,
“Uh...um...Perhaps they forget this village and don’t wanna come back. There’s person like that, right?” he stuttered. Sungmin looked he didn’t believe his explanation but he didn’t say anything. 
They finished their visit and Taeyeon asked about the next destination. It’s almost the lunch time and Key said they must had lunch first before they could continue the next visit. They walked along the empty street while chit-chatted.
“Um...about the funeral? It’s seems interesting and I...” Victoria started to say and suddenly Key stopped her.
“No! No, Vic! We won’t visit that funeral!” he shouted.
Victoria surprised. The other surprised too. Key finally realized that he act really strange.
“You did it again, Key. You’re so strange,” Sungmin frown again. Onew, who didn’t say anything for a long time suddenly said,
“Tell us the truth, Key...”
Amber surprised.
“Oppa! It’s not the right time!” 
Key surprised.
“Huh? What?”
“He’s right. Tell us about The Jeongwol Massacre, Key,” Kyu added. 
Key’s expression looked like he hit hardly by something. Everyone surprised. 
“The Jeongwol Massacre?” Taeyeon surprised. 
“What is that? What is that?” Victoria looked at Onew and Kyu. Then she looked at Amber,
“You know that, Amber, right?” she asked but Amber didn’t answered. She looked at Key to see his reaction.   
Onew looked at Key sharply,
“Tell us about the creepy event called The Jeongwol Massacre.”

  ***