Call Me Again (3)

The Brilliant High

   

 

Amber and Onew suddenly found new fact. It happened only one day after they came back from teacher’s room. They shouted like a crazy person, while showed the article they found. Amber showed her note.

“What, what?” Kyu and Taeyeon looked at them quickly, confused.

“The time...the time!” Amber pointed at her note while Onew nodded many times.

“Mmm...the time!” he added.

“The time? What are you talking guys?” Sungmin looked confused too. Key and Victoria looked at Amber and Onew. Key took the article while Victoria took Amber’s note. They checked it.

“The time? What’s wrong about the time?” Victoria looked at Amber, confused. Amber looked like a person who got asthma because she looked out of breath.

Key looked at Amber’s note in Victoria’s hand then...

“The time is the same...” he said slowly.

“WHAT?” everyone surprised, while Amber and Onew nodded many times, felt satisfied.

“That’s right! The time of Sungmin’s dissapearance with his appearance is the same!” Onew said quickly. Amber pointed at her note,

“Look! He disappeared at 4 pm. The girl who saw his figure saw him when he has an addition class after school. Then the boy who saw him under the stair was on his way home. There’s no one who saw that figure too because the school is almost empty! Only the student who has additional class of the school keeper. And Shin sonsaengnim saw him when he taught additional class too,” Onew added.

“And when he surprised you from the bushes...the time was the same too,” Amber continued.

Kyu and Taeyeon’s mouth opened.

“So...so...” Taeyeon stuttered.

“So who did this creepy prank did this purposely, he compare Taemin’s disappearance with the time he did the prank,” Kyu said and both of Onew and Amber nodded.

“Yes...” they said slowly.

 “For what reason?” Key asked but no one could answer.

“Is Taemin sunbae has a twin?” suddenly someone said. Everyone surprised.

“If he doesn’t have, it must be someone who has same face as him. Because if he has twin, his twin must be someone who did this creppy prank, to take revenge,” Chanyeol added, with his eyes still closed.

***

“He doesn’t have twin,” Kyu said slowly. Sungmin nodded.

“No...He just has one older sister,”

“And...and I found this!” Amber shouted once again, almost blew out of happiness.

“What...what?” Kyu hit the table (every guest in the cafe surprised).

“This!” Amber showed an article in his notebook.

Everyone gathered near him. Even Chanyeol, who looked while yawned. Then their face changed immediately. Only Taeyeon and Victoria who didn’t.

“Who is that?” they asked, confused.

“He looks like Taemin. Not from whole side, but only from several things,” Victoria added, looked at everyone.

But no one answer him, because Kyu, Key, Sungmin and Chanyeol’s face turned pale. Really pale like a paper.

***

Kyu and the other already prepared, but they didn’t see something strange again. Kyu planned to watch if someone who did the prank replied his act once again.

“He just act on the random day. It’s the most difficulty things,” Sungmin sighed at their 2nd observation.

Kyu, who didn’t wanna surrender, tried to learn about that mysterious prankster. He told his friends about what he finds and they decided to observe on the day Kyu said.

They’re ready. They already checked the student’s activity. The students who has additional class today are from 1B and 1C. Both of them are in 1st floor. The entire teacher already went home, except the teacher who taught the additional class. Kyu said that the prankster must be wanna someone see him, just like what he did before.

They gathered in front of the classes. Kyu, Key, Taeyeon and Sungmin was in front of 1B. Victoria, Onew, Amber and Chanyeol in front of 1C. They waited impatiently.

Until...

“Kyaaaaaaa!No!!!” someone screamed from class 1C. Victoria, Onew, Amber and Chanyeol entered the class immediately. The class was in chaos. Everyone didn’t notice Victoria, Onew, Amber and Chanyeol strange appearance.

“Taemin sunbae, Taemin sunbae! Near the window, glared at me!” that girl screamed again in fear. Onew and Chanyeol looked at the window, but no one there. Then they saw someone with the black coat, hid behind the tree. Onew jumped quickly from the window, followed by Chanyeol. Kyu, Key, Taeyeon and Sungmin who heard the scream quickly ran outside too.

That man ran really quickly. Onew and Chanyeol almost missed him, but suddenly Kyu ran faster than them.

Kyu saw that man ran to the backyard and when that mysterious man almost jumped to the walls which wend to out of the school, he shouted.

“It’s over!” He shouted but that man didn’t stop.

“It’s over, Kai!” he shouted once again.

And that man stopped. He stood quietly for five seconds, before he turned his body.

Kai glared at Kyu hideously.

***

“Stop it! It’s useless! Please don’t do this anymore!” Kyu shouted.

Kai, who still glared at him, said coldly,

“Why?”

Kyu panted, shook his head,

“You’ll ruin Taemin...Taemin’s memory...”

Key and the others, who finally found Kyu and Kai stopped. Sungmin almost shouted at Kyu but Key stopped him immediately,

“It’s their battle,” said Key.

Kai’s face became dark, his eyes looked scary,

“Memory? I’ll ruin Taemin sunbae’s memory?”

Kyu still panted while he replied,

“Don’t ruin...your cousin’s memory...”

Kai looked shocked. Really shocked. Key nodded,

“Yes. He’s Taemin sunbae’s cousin...”

Sungmin surprised,

“Cousin?”

Key nodded,

“That’s why Kyu hyung didn’t recognize him. Kai visited Taemin sunbae’s house once a week, every saturday and Sunday,”

Sungmin surprised,

Omo...” he looked at Kai with sad looks.

“How...how did you...you know?” Kai stuttered, still shocked.

“I know Taemin doesn’t have brother. But he has cousin that really close to him. You visited Taemin, on the day he dissapeared. But he never comes...” Kyu said.

Kai bowed his head,

“Yeah...I’ll visit him every Saturday, after I came from school. I’ll stay in his home until Sunday. I’ll wait until he come home then we’ll have a really happy time together. But...but that day...hyung never...hyung never come home...”

Taeyeon and Victoria shocked. They covered their mouth with their palm. Amber closed her eyes, looked sad.

“I thought he just...late. I know he really loved work in laboratory. He’s so smart...he’ll finished his work before came home...That day I waited in his home, with his eomma, appa and Tae Hee noona... But until 5 pm, he...he...” Kai couldn’t finished his words.His voice trembled. Taeyeon and Victoria’s eyes now full with tears.

Kyu walked to him,

“I know...”

Kai bowed his head,

“Brilliant...” he smiled sadly.

“So you defeat me. High school guy like me,” he continued.

“Stop it then. Taemin is my bestfriend...” Kyu said slowly. Kai surprised. He raised his head.

“Best...friend?” he said and Kyu nodded.

“Yes...Taeminie is my bestfriend...”

“I felt the same pain too. I still feel that pain until now. We’ll share our thought, we’ll share our dream. With him I found someone that I can rely on. He’s just like a twin for me,”

Kai surprised.

“He’s just like my older twin too...Everyone said that we’re resemble to each other. Not really looked a like but...for many things...”

Kyu nodded,

“Yeah, I can see that.” he smiled.

Kai looked at him too, he suddenly smiled,

“That’s why I can’t show the student my appearance as Taemin hyung more than few minutes. They’ll recognize me,” he said and Kyu nodded.

“I know,”

Key suddenly walked to them. The others followed him,

“Um...Kai?” Key said slowly. Kai looked at him. Key gulped,

“Um...so why...why you did this?”

Kai’s face suddenly became dark once again and made everyone scare.

“Because I know who’s Taemin hyung’s murderer.”

***

Everyone shocked. Really shocked.

“I wanna freaking him out. Until he admits his sin,” Kai continued.

Kyu frozed,

“You know...the murderer?”

Kai nodded,

“Beside the prank, I also sent private messages for him. “Murderer...Murderer”. It’ll freaking him out,”

“H...him? He’s...a man?”

“But...why you don’t tell the police?” Key shocked.

Kai shook his head,

“I don’t have any proof. He’ll oppose it,”

“So who...who’s the murderer?” Kyu asked, still frozed.

Kai smiled.

“I’ll send a message once again. It’ll be my last message. I’ll tell the police after that, no matter what. Althought I don’t have any proof,”

***

There’s someone who ran along the corridor. His heavy steps echoed on the floor. He gripped his phone. 

“No...No...I’m not...I’m not the murderer...I’m not...” he said, panted.

But he knew that he lies. He did that terrible thing, two years ago. He did a terrible thing called murder.  

“I’m...I’m not a murderer...” he said many times.

Suddenly he stopped to run. He heard someone’s steps behind him. He also heard someone’s steps from the front.  He looked scared. When he heard that steps closer, he slipped and fell to the floor. His phone fell too, almost two meters from him.

He tried to get up but suddenly, there’s someone took his phone.

“Murderer?”

He shocked. He looked at that voice.

“I can’t believe it, seonsaengnim...” Kyu continued.

Shin Dong Hee seonsaengnim shocked.

“N...no! No! I don’t know...what you mean...”

“Taemin’s murderer...it’s you, right?” there’s another voice and Shin Dong Hee shocked more. Key looked at him. Shin seonsaengnim shook his head many times,

 “N...no! I’m not! Why...why you...” he stuttered.

“I know it. Just admit your sin...seonsaengnim...” he heard another voice and he shocked once again. Kai appeared with cold expression.

“I’m not! I won’t kill my own student!” Shin seonsaengnim shook his head many times.

“So why you looks scared, Seonsaengnim? If you’re not guilty, why you looks scared?”

“I...I’m not...” Shin seonsaengnim stuttered once again.

“You’re sweating too...” a girl appeared. He remembers her as New High student.

“You must be hiding something,” the other boy appeared too. He’s a student from Hyeseong Hig School. Shin seonsaengnim scared more.

“I...I...He saw me threat other student! I don’t have any...” he stuttered again and suddenly he shocked.

He already admitted his own sin.

***

“So, Shin seonsaengnim killed him because he threats a student one day, when he left the school. Kyu’s best friend wants tell the head master about it. Shin seonsaengnim was so scared. Kyu’s best friend ran back to the school to meet the headmaster, who always comes home right after the school closed. Shin seonsaengnim ran after him, the school keeper didn’t see them because he’s still in the toilet. On the way to the head master office, Shin seonsaengnim took a bat and...”

“Enough, Noona...” Key stopped Taeyeon. Taeyeon looked at Kyu, who sit near Kai. Kyu hugged him, while Kai cried.

“I feel so pity on them...” Victoria’s eyes wet again.   

“So...tragic,” Onew sighed.

 “So...Taemin oppa’s body...” Victoria said and Key sighed.

“Shin seonsaengnim buried him in the backyard...”

Amber closed her eyes.

“Creepy...” her body trembling.

Key and the others saw Chanyeol walked to Kyu and Kai then hugged them, he also comfort them.

“I think Kai has new brothers now...” Taeyeon smiled. Key smiled too.

“Yes...”