The Screaming Crows (5)

The Brilliant High

Dear reader, I'm soooo ... sorry for didn't post the next chapter .... :'( I was so busy and tired. Please apologize me ... :(

But now I give you the last chapter of the case. Plus new case! I make the new case fresh because you already red dark case, kekeke :D New character, Eunhyuk!>,<

Enjoy, dear Readers ...:)

__________________________________________________________________________________________

The Brilliant High gathered at the café. No one said anything. Victoria drank her strawberry smoothies slowly and Taeyeon played with her spaghetti. Sungmin who felt bored played with his muffin. Kyu looked at the floor; no one knew what he thought. Key looked at the street from the window, watched the people and sometime said about their style. Amber and Onew were busy with their notebook.

Kyu finally turned his head and looked at Onew and Amber.

“So tell us, Onew, Amber. About your plan,” he said.

Onew and Amber looked at him, smiled. Everyone looked at them now.

“We finally found something interesting. You won’t believe this, hyung. But we know someone who’ll tell us everything about the incident,” Onew said with bright smile.

JINJJA?” Everyone surprised.

Amber nodded.

“Yes. You won’t believe this. This is sooo … interesting.” She smiled widely.

***

“Tell us, tell us!” Taeyeon and Victoria clapped enthusiastically.

“Yes, tell us first how you found that person?” asked Kyu.

Onew and Amber nodded together.  

“ OK. You know that the information for the incident is hard to find, right?” Onew started and everyone nodded.

“Mmm. And then?” Key asked.

“Yes. The information for this incident is really only a few. Even the incident is just a rumour, a creepy urband legend something like that, you know. We found a web that related to the urban legend, creepy ancient rites, something like that. Everyone can post there. Onew oppa and I finally found the information after we chatted with someone in website. ” Amber added and Onew nodded,

“Yes. Amber and I must said something provocative, then that man appeared and gave us the information.”

“Something provocative? Like what?” asked Key. Amber smiled,

“I wrote ‘Ah, I saw the crows from my house. Really creepy ... Somehow it makes me remember about The Jeongwol Massacre’”

Onew smiled too then continued,

“And I replied to her post with “Is that so? What a creepy incident, huh? Ah, creepy...creepy...” When we opened the web again, there’re so many comments. Most of them said that we must don’t say things like that. The rest comments said we’ll be cursed because of our words.”

Amber nodded,

“You’ll really like this part, guys. But the last comment was so interesting. It said “Stop it. You don’t know what you say. Or, do you think you know the truth?”

Kyuhyun smiled widely,

“Uwaaah … So, that’s how you met that person,” and both of Onew and Amber smiled too.

“Yes. And, oh! He’ll come to meet us! I said he can come to your home, Kyu. He promised that he’ll tell us the complete story,”

The other kids became enthusiastic then.

“REALLY?” Kyu surprised. Key clapped his hands and Sungmin’s face shining brightly.

“Uwaaah, that’ll be good!” he said.

They came home fiftheen minutes before the appointment time. Everyone looked really enthusiastic and impatient. Kyu’s face looked really bright and Key was the same too. Taeyeon and Victoria looked at the door many times. Sungmin checked his watch every five minutes. Onew and Amber looked at each other and smiled.

“This will be really interesting,” Onew said and Amber nodded.

“Absolutely,” she replied.

Finally, someone knocked the door. The Brilliant High’s student smiled,

“He come,” Onew said. He walked to the door then opened it. Someone stood in front of him. Onew looked at the members and said,

“Guys, please introduce Mr. Kangta.”

***

Taeyeon and Victoria’s mouth opened.

“He’s handsome.” Victoria whispered to Taeyeon.

“And manly ….” Taeyeon replied.

“And cool, really cool ….” Victoria added.

Mr. Kangta is really a handsome and charismatic man. He wore black coat with nice cut. He wore glasses and his face is really clean and bright. He looked totally cool.

Onew looked at Mr. Kangta, who still stood in front of the door, held his laugh.

“Um … Ah, this is my friends, Mr. Kangta. Oh and um … please ignore them.” Onew looked really embarrassed. His face was really red like a tomato.

Kyu kicked Taeyeon’s foot and Key kicked Victoria’s.

“Ouch! YA! What’s wrong with you?!” Taeyeon and Victoria complained.

“You’re so embarrassing, Tae.” Kyu said slowly.

Kyu looked at Mr. Kangta.

“Welcome, Mr. Kangta. We’re The Brilliant High, detective school club. Onew and Amber already told us about you.”

Mr. Kangta, still held his laugh, smiled.

“I see. Nice to meet you, kids. Your friends are really interesting. They said about something that really bothering me/”

Onew and Amber looked shy.

“Uh, um … We’re sorry …” they said and Mr. Kangta waved his hand.

“It’s OK. By the way, are you really a detective school club?” he asked and the members nodded.

“Yes, Sir. Still amateur, but,” they replied. Mr. Kangta smiled.

“Interesting. Really interesting.”

“We’re surprised when Onew said you’ll come to meet us.” Key said and Mr. Kangta nodded.

“Yes. I think I must be crazy if I open the secret and sin of my own village, but … I want to erase that horrible memory from my mind.” He said and everyone shocked.

“Your own village?”

Mr. Kangta nodded.

“Yes. I live in that village for five years since I was born and after that, I must move to other city. Yes, yes. I can tell you everything you want to know about The Jeongwol Massacre.”

***

Taeyeon made tea for Mr. Kangta and after that, he told everything to The Brilliant High. Taeyeon and Victoria’s face turned pale quickly; Amber and Onew gulped many times; Kyu, Key and Sungmin closed their eyes, looked really serious.

“I remember every detail of the massacre. When I was a kid, I really like to go to the forest, played at the large field there. My parents told me not to go there, it’s so dangerous. They told so many creepy stories to scare me, but you know boys, kids. I ignored them and kept to go the forest. At the first time I didn’t know something strange about the forest; my parents only told me that the forest is dangerous. But one day I saw my parents did something strange. It was midnight and I felt so thirsty so I go to the kitchen, I saw my parents wore a strange clothes. It was a long black robe with veil. They whispered at each other then went outside. I followed them. They met Mr. and Mrs. Lee, our neighbor. They wore the same robe too.  

They walked to the forest. I was so shocked! There’re so many people wore the same robe too. Strangely, I could hear someone shout from far. A girl shouted with loud voice.

The people gathered at the field, and I finally knew who shouted. That’s my neighbor’s daughter, Mr. and Mrs. Lee’s daughter! I was so shocked once again. She lied on the big rock in the centre of the field, someone tied her up tightly. As a little boy, I wanna run that time. It was too scary.

But suddenly, I heard someone said. I recognized his voice, that’s my head village.

“59 years ago, a creepy incident happened here, in this village, Jeongwol Village. The first name of this village was Bokhee Village, but the villager changed it after the incident. You already knew about creepy disease that killed almost all of the villagers in the past. But the rest of the villagers, who survive, finally got a brilliant idea for they will safe from the disease.

They will kill the villagers who get the disease. They gathered them in the second field in this forest then killed them together and made a big hole in the centre of the field. They─I’m so sorry─burnt them alive.”

Taeyeon, Victoria, and Amber closed their mouth with their palm, almost vomit. Key’s, Sungmin’s and Onew’s face were so pale. Kyu closed his eyes, his eyelid trembling.

“They collected the bones then buried them in the ancient funeral. But every action has its consequence. After the massacre, the second field filled with crows. The came from everywhere like a nightmare, and after that, everyone was too scare to enter that field once again. The massacre also brings other consequences. For strange reason, no one can visit this village for more than fifteen days. Kids under 6 also can’t live here and must to move to other city, or they’ll get that creepy disease.

We’re here trying to erase the curse by sacrifice one villager every month. Please welcome Mrs. Lee Jin Hee, a very lovely daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Lee.”

Mr. Kangta stopped.

“You can imagine what happened next, don’t you?” he said and The Brilliant High members nodded.

“S … so creepy, Mr. Kangta ….” Taeyeon’s voice trembling.                

“I don’t believe it. Fifty person were murdered there. Murdered cruelly...” said Onew, shook his head. Amber nodded,

“Really horrible ….”

Mr. Kangta looked at them,

“You’re right. That night was really a nightmare for me. For the entire of my live, I never hear a super creepy story like that. Even now, that story still creepy me out, kids ….” He sighed.

He drank his tea and didn’t say anything after that.

“Thank you, Mr. Kangta, for told us the story,” Kyu said and everyone nodded.

“Many thanks …” they said.

Mr. Kangta looked at them once again and smiled.

“My pleasure. I want to erase that story from my mind, so I thought if I tell someone, it’ll reduce my fear. “

“Oh yeah, you’re so brilliant, kids. You tried hard to solve the mystery. Why you don’t use your talent to solve the bigger case?” he continued.

The members surprised,

“Bigger case?”

Mr. Kangta nodded. Kyu smiled and shook his head,

“Perhaps later, Mr. Kangta,”

Sungmin nodded,

“Mmm. Perhaps later. Until now, we solve the case because we really interested in that case. Beside that, we still solve the case that happened around us as the student,” he said.

Taeyeon smiled,

“But your idea sounds interesting, Mr. Kangta,” she said and both of Victoria and Amber nodded. 

Mr. Kangta smiled once again.

“Call me again sometimes. I’m really happy to see the other villager like me,” he looked at Key. Key smiled widely.

“Sure, Mr. Kangta,”