The Bloody Grantee (3)

The Brilliant High

Onew checked the email.

“Perfect! Guys, come here! I already printed the information,” he finally said happily.

Everyone quickly gathered near him,

“Uwaaah, there’s so much infomation!” Key surprised.

“Like a book, really thick,” Taeyeon added while Victoria sighed.

“I don’t know the case has so many informations,”

“It seems like Mr. Park sent us the full file,” Key said and Onew nodded.

“Mm, probably. Let’s read them first,” he replied.

They red the information immediately. The file was really complete. There’s a photo too, although it’s so blurred. Every person took some paper. They was really glad that the police classified every facts so they could red them separately 

“The quality of the pictures are bad,” Victoria said. She took the papers that contained Seo Joohyun’s information.

“Look, guys!” Taeyeon suddenly shouted and everyone quickly gathered near her,

“What?” asked Kyu. Taeyeon red the paper,

“There’s a little note in this paper. The police found something in Joohyun’s hand. I mean, her corpse. She held a paper. Wrote there: Sorry...”

“So that’s why the police called it a suicide!” Key shouted and Taeyeon nodded.

“Yes...”

“And I found Joohyun’s family information here. She’s the youngest child in her house. She lived with her mother and father, and older brother, who study in university,” Victoria added, showed her file.

“I don’t think she’ll commit suicide,” Onew said. Kyu nodded,

“Mmm, nado,” he added.

“Can we meet the brother?” suddenly Key asked.

Everyone quickly looked at him. Key was so confused,

“Huh? What? Why you looking at me like that?”

“Hey...I suddenly realized something. Did we try to solve the mystery?” Kyu asked. Taeyeon frown her forehead,

“Yeah, yeah. I told the story and suddenly we have the file about it,” she added.

“Hm, yes yes. And what we found is surprising, I think I’m interesting,” Victoria nodded many times.

“It’s fun, you know,” Onew added, grinned widely.

“OK! We all agree! We’ll try to solve the mystery!” Kyu snap his fingers.

“Eeeeh?” Key was confused again. “really?” he added. Kyu patted his back,

“Calm down, lil brother. You’re right. First, let’s find where the brother is!” he looked energetic.

Key, who still looked really confused, followed what the others did. They collect the facts again.

“I’ll try to find him using the web,” Onew said and everyone looked happy.

“Good idea! That’s really a good idea, Onew!” Kyu clapped, his face was really bright.

After few seconds, Onew yelled,

“Found him! Guys, he’s near!”

“NEAR? OK! Let’s go there!” Kyu yelled too. He’s really full of energy now. Taeyeon clapped many times with wide smile and Victoria hopped around,

“Yeah!” she shouted.

Even Key finally smiled widely,

“Uwaaah, it’ll be fun! I’m sure,” he said and nodded many times.

***

“You!”

“W...what? No, eonni! I’m younger than you!”

“No, Kyu oppa!”

“Hmp, you really! OK! I’m going first!” Kyu grumbling.

Everyone fought when they try to decided who’ll face Joohyun’s brother first. Joohyun’s brother,  Yunho, lived in a beautiful house just two alleys from Onew’s flat.Taeyeon annoyed when everyone pushed her to talk with Yunho first, because everyone thought woman can handle something like that better.

“But Victoria is a woman too!” Taeyeon quickly pointed at Victoria. Victoria surprised and protested, she quickly pointed at Kyu. Kyu, who annoyed too, finally agree with grumbling.

Fortunately, there’s a man came from inside the house. Everyone surprised. Kyu realized that he must be Yunho. His face changed a lot, but there’s something that didn’t change. In his age, 62 years old, he’s still fit. His hair was white and his face wrinkled, but his eyes were still the same that Kyu saw in his old photo, wary and careful.  

“Mr. Kim?” Kyu walked to him.

Yunho looked at him,

“Who’re you?” he looked at Kyu, then looked at his friends one by one.

“We’re the students of New High,” Taeyeon suddenly said.

Kyu paid attention for Yunho’s reaction. He thought he see Yunho’s eyes suddenly darker for a second but then he changed his expression.

“Ah, New High. What’re you doing here?” he said.

“We want to meet you,” Kyu said and Yunho frown his forehead.

“We’ll tell you. Can we go inside?” Taeyeon said. Yunho nodded,

“OK. I hope you really have something,” he said.

They went to the house. Yunho’s house was so wide. The walls are white, with white ceramics too. There’s a big windows too. It’s really a beautiful house. Victoria and Key looked amazed with the arcitecture.

“Please have a seat,” Yunho said. Everyone sit near him.

“So, Mr. Kim. My friend found a book. You must be know this book. It’s um...” Taeyeon said but suddenly she felt hesitant.

“Yes?” Yunho looked at her. Taeyeon gulped.

“It’s a book...a book from year 1970...A student year book...” Victoria said slowly.

Yunho’s face turned really pale quickly.

“W...what?”

“I’m so sorry, Mr. Kim...my friend just found that book incidentally...” Taeyeon continued.

Yunho’s face turned more pale, he just like almost fainted.

“We...we found your...your little sister’s picture...” Victoria continued.

“Joohyun...” Yunho’s lips trembling. He looked older when he said that.

Taeyeon nodded.

“We...we wanna solve her murder...” she said. Yunho looked at her.

“We believe that she’s being murdered, just like you, his brother,” Kyu continued. Yunho looked at him too.

Yunho’s face suddenly changed. He looked surprised.

“Do you? Do you believe it too?” he looked at Kyu intensively. His face just twenty centimenters from Kyu’s face.

Kyu gulped,

“Ah, ah hm...y...yes, Mr. Kim. I believe it. We believe it,” he stuttered.

Yunho looked at Kyu for ten seconds (Kyu gulped many times) before he finally nodded. He sighed,

“I believe in you. No one believe in me. Appa, eomma. They didn’t believe in me,” he said.

“But I know her.  I know my sister the best. She won’t do that thing. Suicide, hmp! They called it suicide? I don’t believe that!” his face turned red.

“So we need more information from you, Mr. Kim. We have the file about the case. In that file, we found that if it’s a murder, not suicide. The suspects are...” Onew said but Yunho stopped it,

“Choi  Bo Kyung, Joohyun’s bestfriend, who found her body. Seok Min Hyuk, Joohyun’s boyfriend, who talked with her before she found die. The last person Kang Mi Hae, her enemy at school. She was really jealous with Joohyun,”

Onew’s mouth opened, surprised. Key continued his explanation.

“The police thought that she must be the murderer, Kang Mi Hae. She had the most probability to kill her,”

“And his boyfriend too. He’s a little bit annoying and egoist,” Yunho nodded but Kyu and Taeyeon shook their head,

“It can’t be reason for accuse him, Mr. Kim,” they said together. Kyu and Taeyeon looked at each other. Taeyeon put her tongue out to Kyu. Kyu put his tongue back to her.

“So, Mr. Kim, about the paper in Joohyun’s hands...” Victoria said but Yunho stopped her too. He seems has  a habit to stop other’s words.

“Huh? You mean ‘Sorry’? I don’t believe she wrote it,” he said. Victoria sighed, she’s a little bit annoyed of him,

“Ah, OK, Mr. Kim. But why you’re sosure about it?” she asked, a little bit grumbling. Yunho shook his head.

“I just know. Hey kids! I’ll show you her stuff, wait here,” he suddenly stood up.

“He’s terrifying,” Key whispered to Kyu. Kyu nodded.

“Indeed! You saw when he looked at me? Aish, so terrifying,” his body trembling.

“But his belief is really big,” Onew said. Victoria nodded,

“Yes. I think, somehow it’s just his feeling. About Joohyun’s death, I mean. He must be the nearest person for Joohyun. Mr. Kim know her the best,” she said. Taeyeon agree,

“Hm...You’re right. Feelings can be a great way to detect something wrong. Something that should be on the right way,”

Yunho finally came. Hsi face was really bright. He brought so many books in his hands. It looked really old and filthy, from its colours.

“Here! Her diary,” he said. Kyu and the other susprised.

“A diary! That’s a really good idea, Mr. Kim!” Kyu looked happy.

Yunho smiled widely,

“Yeah, I know! But I warn you, there’s nothing strange there. I already red it many times, because I think perhaps I miss something. But...nothing important there,” he said.

“We’ll see, Mr. Kim,” Key said and took one of the books.

“Her handwriting is really good,” Victoria praised.

They looked for one hour before they must accept that Mr. Kim was right. There’s nothing there. It’s just a common diary.

“You’re right, Mr. Kim,” Key admitted while sighed. But then he confused, Mr. Kim didn’t react to his words. He’s looking around. Everyone now looking at Taeyeon.

“Tae? You found something?” Kyu asked slowly. Taeyeon, who still look carefully to the diary in her hands didn’t answer. Everyone can see she frown her forehead.

“Um...eonni?” Victoria asked too.

Taeyeon suddenly said, while her eyes still on the diary,

“You’re right, Mr. Kim. It’s not Joohyun who wrote that ‘Sorry’ words,”

***

Everyone surprised,

“What do you mean?” asked Kyu. Taeyeon showed Joohyun’s handwriting in the diary, then took the file that contain Joohyun’s last word ‘Sorry’.

“Look, the handwriting is different,” she said. Everyone quickly looked at the handwriting.

“What do you...” Onew asked but Kyuhyun and Victoria quickly shouted.

“The handwriting in the ‘Sorry’ words is different!” Victoria surprised.

“The writer must be left-handed! You can see it, it’s clear!” Kyu surprised too.

Everyone shocked.

“W...what? Really?” Onew and Key quickly checked the handwriting, then five seconds later they surprised.

“You’re right...”

“How can the police didn’t notice it?” Onew asked and Key answered.

“Perhaps they thought it’s natural, for someone who want to commit suicide. But they forget something. The special characteristic of the handwriting is still the same, right?”

Everyone quickly looked at Mr. Kim to see his reaction. Mr. Kim’s face was really pale, his mouth opened,

“Mr. Kim?” asked Taeyeon, worried.

“She...her bestfriend...Choi Bo Kyung is left-handed...”

***

After 44 years, the case finally solved. Onew called Mr. Park and give their solution. From his voice, the other kids knew that Mr. Park was really surprised. He asked the full explanation.

“Please give the explanation to him,” Onew give the phone to Kyu but Kyu reject it. He smiled at Taeyeon,

“She’s the one who can do it,”

Taeyeon looked surprised but happy. She took the phone with bright smile.

The news came fast. That morning, Sunny came to the class and quickly ran to Taeyeon’s desk.

“Taeyeon, Taeyeon! Is it true? Is it really true?” she asked with red and sweaty face.

Taeyeon knew what she mean,

“Yes. It’s true, Sunny...” she said.

Sunny’s mouth opened widely.

“The police said that someone solved the mystery but not them! Ah, why they hide that person’s identity? He must be a really smart person!”

Taeyeon smiled. She and the other kids agreed to hide their identity as the case solver. They asked the police to keep it a secret, although the other kids believe that Taeyeon was the one who solve the mystery. At that time, Taeyeon said that everyone gave their constribution to solve the mystery.

After the school, Taeyeon and the other kids planned to go to Mr. Kim’s house once again. Mr. Kim wanna show them something.

“It’s really cool, right?” Victoria said and Taeyeon nodded. Key sighed.

“I feel really pity on her. I mean, Joohyun. Bo Kyung killed her, pushed her from the building, just because she felt really jealous to Joohyun,”

“it’s natural. Joohyun was really smart, whereas Bo Kyung is just an ordinary student. She felt a big burden became her bestfriend. Your friend is smart and beautiful, and you just an ordinary girl. I know how her feeling,” Kyu added.

They reached Mr. Kim’s house. Mr. Kim smiled to them from his front garden. He’s busy gardening when they came,

“Come in, kids...” he said warmly.

When they already sit, Yunho took something from his desk, near the window.

“Here,”

It’s an album. Kyuhyun opened it. Taeyeon and Key sit near him while Victoria and Onew looked from behind.

“She’s pretty, isn’t she?” Yunho said smoothly. There’s an old picture in the album. An old picture which still in a good quality, not like in the police files.

Taeyeon nodded. Her eyes suddenly wet,

“Yes, sunbaenim ...she so pretty...” she said slowly.

Yunho smiled a little.

“That kitty always looks so cute and pretty...”

“I thought our parents and Joohyun watch us from the sky. They’ll be glad you solve the mystery, kids. I never...never feel alive like this...” Yunho continued, his voice trembling.

Kyu touched that photo. Seohyun still smiled beautifully, her eyes shine. She looked so pure...