26. I Am Just Merely A One Sided Love

Forbidden Love

Kai's POV

"This is a very bad idea!" I paced around Kris' office. "Making Hyuna as your assistant?" I looked up at him, "Are you nuts?!" I shouted. Hyuna came bouncing to me, gusting about how happy she is since she got change to Kris assistant. For the past few months, Hyuna been working with me in the human resource department and suddenly Kris just changed her off. For the past few months, f(x) have, of course, tried to hurt Hyuna... And of course, they didn't get to it with me around..

 

"Why is it a bad idea?" Kris placed the file onto the table and looked up at me as he took off his glasses. "I know what I am doing. And will you stop pacing around?" he said, raising his voice suddenly. "Sorry, I'm having a slight headache." he said, rubbing his temple. "I know what I am doing." he repeated himself.

 

"I heard you the first one." I rolled my eyes,  crossing my arms. "Then tell me boss, what great plans do you have to protect Hyuna?" I asked.

 

"She have me by her side." he stood up and walked over to sit by the table, looking at me.  "Stop worrying."

 

"Stop worrying?!" I shouted at him, "If you were by her side, would she end up at the staircase end, almost dead?! If  she have you, why am I the one that's trying the hardest to protect her?!" I shouted, pressing my chest against him as I moved forward.

 

He shoved me back and crossed his arms, "If you forget one point, she's my girlfriend. I will take care of her safety and you can mind your own business." he said, smoothing his blazer. "I will take care of her." he said, looking down at me.

 

I nodded my head and smooth out my shirt. Brushing a hand though my already messy hair, "You better make sure Kris. I would get you if she ever get hurt." I said before pushing out of the door. Everyone outside had their eyes on the door and when I moved out, they quickly looked back at their file, pretending that nothing is wrong. My eyes landed on a concern group of 4Minute. I jerked my head to the lift area and they nodded and followed along quickly. 

 

After a while, we all gathered at the rooftop. "What did Kris said?" Xiumin asked, walking in last. "Oh wait, it's Kris. He must had said something like," he cough a bit, tugging on the skin around his adam apple, "I got this." he intimated Kris' voice, earning laughter from the boys. "How did he even manage this company..." he shook his head, folding his arms.

 

I shook my head, looking down at the drink in my hand. Jiyoon had got it for me since she claimed that it sounded like a rather harsh fight from the outside. "I did not just waste my choice to be a full time ballerino for her to get hurt." my fist tighten around the can, crashing it slightly. "Ugh." I let out an annoyed shot, throwing the can aside. "What can he do even?!" 

 

Suho placed a hand on my shoulder, "Relax Kai... Let's trust Kris hyung this once." 

 

I brushed his hands aside, "Trust?Then when do we stop? When Hyuna got into the hospital?! Oh wait, that already happened!" I shouted, before walking out quickly, passing Hyuna along the way.

 

"Oppa." her voice called out softly, but I was so annoyed that I just left her standing there and took the stairs. 

 

Hyuna's POV

I walked into the rooftop slowly to see the guys looking really tired. Some of them have their hands in their hair tiredly and some of them have their hands on their hips as they looked around. "What' wrong with Kai oppa?" I asked softly.

 

The girls turned over to me and Jiyoon let out an annoyed sigh, "I don't even know who to scold as blind anymore. I have a lot of work left to be done." she said before walking away. The girls followed suit, shaking their head sadly. 

 

"Why don't you guys just understand?!" I shouted, suddenly frustrated with them. "I'm happy with Kris oppa, why can't you guys just grant me that?!" I shouted, "What's wrong with you guys and Kai?!" I asked, "I thought of all people, Kai oppa would understand me the most!" I cried before walking away. 

 

I ran all the way down into a female toilet and let out an annoyed cried. I've not heard much from their talk but just from the part where they talked about me landing into the hospital. I sat on the toilet cover, pushing my hair back lightly. I bite my lips as I thought back on what I just did. My fingers played with the hem of my skirt as I thought about my harsh words... Kai oppa and unnies just cared for me too much... I might have been too harsh on them... Wait.. What right do I even have to be harsh on them? 

 

I walked out, washing my face lightly. I suddenly felt a hand pushed my head down into the sink. I felt all the water run into my nose, I couldn't breathe. I tired to scream but it's all in vain. The hand disappeared and I looked up to spot Victoria. "I heard that your little Kai oppa is angry at you..." she looked down at her nails. "You think Kris oppa will save you?" she let out a soft laughter, "I wonder who he will chose more... His little sister or someone that he's just playing with... Blood runs thicker than water... Don't you think so too?" she smirk before turning on her heels. "Kai oppa is no longer around to protect you... I guess we just have our fun with you. Krystal may not be around but hey... There's me and Amber." she turned her body slightly and winked before walking out.

 

Sliding down the wall, I let out a shaky breath that I had been holding since just now. Tears leaked down my cheeks as I thought through what she said. I'm alone now... Kai oppa is mad at me.. So is the rest of the other oppa... What can I do now? I bite down on my lips as silent tears covered my whole cheeks. 

 

 

Kai's POV

I sat at the chair, leaning back onto my chair and crossing my arm. Amber walked over, placing two cups of coffee on my table. "Boss said he's treating everyone coffee. Since we used to be classmates, I kept two.. One for Hyuna and one for you." she spoke, "The girls could be a little unreasonable sometimes..." she trailed off as I took one of the cup and pushed the other one to her.

 

"You can take the other one, Hyuna is not working here anymore." I said, opening the lid and pressing the cup to my lips. I paused for a while dur to the heat.

 

"Don't worry, I don't do poisoning." Amber joked, "Even if I do, I would not be the one passing it to you. Unlike the girls, I don't want to end in jail and I don't have a richass brother to save my with awesome lawyer."

 

I laughed, putting the cup on the table to avoid spilling. "It was too hot..." I tried to explain.

 

She laughed lightly, "I was just joking! I would never go too far to hurt Hyuna. Rest assured." she patted my shoulder.

 

"And I should stop caring so much." I muttered to myself as she walked away. Amber is unlike the other girls. Sometimes when she felt that the girls are going too far ,she would drop notes/ hints to tell me about their plans... Amber isn't too carried away in the hatred. She still have some sense of right and wrong.

 

I looked up to see Hyuna standing by the lift area, looking over at us. Her hair is wet and so is her face... She had some makeup running down her face ugly and she looked like she just cried. Usually, I would be the first one to rush over to her, pull her into a hug, telling her it's okay and tending to her. I looked away from her and stare blankly at the monitor. Give me a break, Hyuna. If you're not going to chose me, just find someone you will chose. I looked up after a while to see what she is walking away slowly. She's shaking lightly and constantly rubbing her eyes. 

 

Hurt. My head hurts. My heart hurts harder. I closed my eyes and let out a shaky breath. I'm sorry Hyuna... It's better for both of us. I can't protect you forever. I packed my bag quickly and went to tell the boss that I'm going to leave due to a heavy headache. I can't face or be anywhere near Hyuna here. I quickly walked into the lift. She used this lift. Her sweet soft vanilla scent linger in the lift. I remembered how happy she was when Kris bought this perfume for her. My hearts hurts harder now. It's the feeling of when your heart trying to beat but something is wrapped around it, restricting it. 

 

Hyuna's POV

Kai is mad at me. I flopped into the chair outside of Kris' office. They're all having a meeting now so the office is super empty. Kris didn't want me to work in the office meeting so my job is to just follow him around, holding files and whatever, when he's out talking to client. I rested my head on the table as the tears came again. Kai oppa is ignoring me. 

 

He was laughing really happily with Amber... I bite down on my lips again. Is he mad at me? I rubbed my eyes , trying to dry my eyes. I don't know how long it had passed when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I jumped. "What's wrong?" Kris asked softly, "Come into the office." he said, leading me into the office. He didn't say anything but just pulled me into a tight hug. I cried harshly into his chest. 

 

We sat on the sofa area as he hugged me and listened to me talk about the situations. "Why don't you wash up and we go for a dinner?" he asked softly, placing his lips onto my forehead.

I nodded my head. I'm hungry after all of this crying. "Thanks oppa.." I smile lightly, brushing my hair back slightly. "Mianhae... I wasted your time..." I said, looking down at my feet.

 

He placed his lips lightly on mine. "You're my girlfriend. It's only natural for me to worry about you..." he smile, "Go wash up." I nodded and quickly went on my way.

 

Kai's POV

"Yeoboseyo?" I spoke into the phone tiredly. I reached home and I just laid on the bed for a few hours. My throat is dry as sandpaper and my head is throbbing harder. Kris' voice rang at the receiver, telling me about a sad Hyuna. I couldn't focus... Not with this pain. I sat up and ran my hand through my hair angrily as I listened to Kris lecturing me. About HIS girlfriend. "Didn't you tell me that she is your girlfriend?!" I shouted angrily. "Take care of her yourself. Leave me out of it. I don't want someone to call me the third person. Leave me out of it." I said angrily. There's a long pause of the other line before he started speaking again.

 

"I've cared for too long. Give her a month... No... Give her a week and she'll forget all about me. Leave me alone." I said angrily and hang up on the phone. I leaned back onto the bed, pressing my arm across my eyes and the phone vibrated again. I glanced at it. Kris. Ugh. I off the phone and tossed it aside. She's your girlfriend from the start... I'm just merely a one sided love. I pulled the blankets over my head as I tried to grab some sleep. It's better this way. 

 

LONG UPDATE. I'm proud! Lots of things happening to Kris and EXO now... But it's unrelated to the story, so I'm going to continue it! It doesn't matter if you read it or not. I'm just going to finish what I started! I have a kick ending planned out already! Not going to waste it! 

 

Lots of love to you guys~ PYYONG. 

 

 

And please~ COMMENTS~!