24. Brother-zoned

Forbidden Love

Kai's POV

"Wae?" I snapped, jerking my hand back from Hyuna who is currently pulling me down the steps happily. A surge of annoyance filled my body. She found out that Kris is going to be at the gathering tonight and this is what happened to her. "I know Kris is going to be there but you don't have to drag me like this!" I said as  I folded my arms across my chest and walking in front of her. 

 

I heard her heels clicking softly behind me. Soft and mellow, just like her. I squeezed my eyes shut, maybe I was too harsh. I stopped in my tracks, pulling back to see that she is on the phone, giggling softly. My jaw tighten when I see who is following behind us, Kris. I my heels harshly before running out of the place. "Kai oppa!" I heard Hyuna called out but I refuses to stop even though my muscle memory is asking me to stop.I have been stopping too long for her. "Oh Kris oppa!" I heard her, I bite down on my lips and ran faster.

 

I slowed down after a while when I reached the bus stop. I leaned down on my thighs, trying to catch my breath when suddenly, someone placed their hands on my back. "Finally caught you." Hyuna breath heavily. I jerked up, looking at her. She had her heels in her hand and her hair stuck to her forehead due to the sweat.

 

"What are you doing here?" I asked, looking down at her. "I thought Kris hyung was with you?" I asked in a blunt way. Hyuna looked down at her feet, not speaking. "Go back to him, I will be fine." I walked away and she tried to follow me but let out a soft yelp. My head snapped into her direction to see her sitting on the chair, looking down at her sole.

 

I went over and kneel down, placing her feet on my knee as I examined it. "How did you get this?" I asked, looking up at her. I knew that it was my fault but.. I did not think that she would follow me. 

 

"I was following you and I took off my heels cause I felt for a few times," I looked at her hands, there's a few scratches here and there. "I took it off when you decided to run through the alley.." she trailed off.

 

I let out a soft sigh, turning my back to her, still kneeling down on the floor. "Get on.. We are going over to my house." I said as she hopped onto my back. This is the reason why.. No matter how hard I try, I could never leave... I walked back with her on my back. "What about Kris hyung?" I asked softly.

 

"I believe family is more important..." she let her hands hang limply by my shoulder before resting her head at the crock of my neck. I'm her family.. Make sense... A painful smile took my face. I will always be a brother to her huh?

 

Hyuna's POV

I looked around the house, it's been years since I had come over. I looked down at the bed that I am sitting on. Kai is in the bathroom, taking out the first-aid kit. My sole is throbbing painfully ever since just now. Kai came out and carried me into the bathroom without speaking. My hands tighten around his neck automatically as we were walking in. He sat me gently by the bathtub and started washing my sole. "Is the water okay?" he asked, as the warm water hit my feet gently.

 

I nodded my head without speaking, looking around the house. Last time I came over, the house is in a mess... However, as Kai got older, his room is also getting cleaner. The pain is slowly coming when he washes my feet with soap. My fingers gripped tightly at the bathtub as I squeezed my lips into a tight line to avoid making sound. Kai stood up and went out for a while before returning with a pushie of a bear. "You still keep it?" I smiled, hugging it into my chest. He smile lightly, as he tend to my feet. When we were younger, he wound always pass this toy to me whenever he had to tend to my wounds.. That I got when playing or just being a klutz. 

 

"Done." he said after wrapping my feet. "Stay away from water." he said when carrying me out to the living room. "I'm going to shower... After that I will bring you home to wash up." he said softly, turning into the bathroom.

 

My phone vibrated and Kris just text me. 

 

Is Kai okay?

 

Ne... I will see you later... :) 

 

Arasso! Bye~ 

 

I placed the phone in my bag before walking around to explore the house a little. Photo frames is around and it's pictures of the boys and me. I smiled, holding up one of the photo frame, looking at it. Those fun times before we all proceed to university... If only times can go back again... 

 

At the gathering~

I sat between of Kris and Sehun , eating quietly when Kris suddenly calls out when everyone is here. "I have a good news!" he smile brightly, "Suho talked to me having you guys to work at my company... And I managed to do it!" he smiled, and the boys started cheering. 

 

"What about . "Jihyun asked, rolling her eyes.

 

"I've placed them in different departments." Kris answered, "And to make sure Hyuna will be safe, whichever department she goes, she'll be followed by one of the boys. How's that?" he asked.

 

"Until when?" Chen asked.

 

"Till you guys get a job at your dream company or something. Basically, my company is for you guys to gain experience and then move on to different jobs outside. It's up to you guys whether you guys want to accept it." Kris smiled. and the boys started cheering.

 

Short short update~ I've been having some free time recently~ That's why~ Won't be having much soon, so I just have to upload as many as I can! :D

Comments ~ I love to read comments ~ So c'mon~~~ :D

I dare you to comment 'I love unicorn's poops cause they're colorful' if you read till here! :D LOVE YOU GUYS