1

hangin' there
Dear readers, I’m a typo machine and Grammar destroyer. But thanks for the subscribes.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Jongdae open his shared apartment when his roommates greet him. “hey Jongdae. Finally you come home. Wanna play scrabble with us?” Chanyeol waves his hand asking his friend to come over, joins with Sehun, Baekhyun and Yixing on the living room table.
 
“No Yeol. I’m too tired. I need to sleep” he loosened his tie and opened his first two button of his shirt. “Where’ve you been? It’s almost two a.m and you still wearing your suit” this cheerful man is full of curiousness.
 
“Company party. With big bosses and all” he answered as he walking to the bathroom, take a quick shower before going to bed. The shower was refreshing, but he can’t sleep really well that night. Who cares? Tomorrow is weekend anyway.
 
He wakes up with the smell of delicious waffle filling his nostril. He leaved his room and found Yixing on his kitchen. “hey Jongdae, good morning” Yixing smiled and showed hid deep dimple.
 
“Good morning, hyung. It smells good” Jongdae smiled back,a little bit forced.
 
“Got not enough sleep hm? You looked really tired. Or troubled”
 
“eh, yeah. My work at office, you know. It was so hectic these days. I’ll wake the other to take the breakfast” Jongdae tried to change the topic, because he knows Yixing always know when someone is restless and Yixing can make them confess their problem. (it’s a good thing, really. But Jongdae not ready yet to share his burden). The problem lay on the corner of his mind, forgotten for a while when he was laughing at Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s jokes that morning.
 
 
Jongdae locked himself in his room after that, not bother to taking bath. The sun getting high and suddenly it was 3 at the afternoon. His stomach growl and he need something to eat. He found a note on the kitchen table. 
 
“There’s a bowl of soup in the fridge, reheat it if you like. I’ll be at Baek’s place tonight and Chanyeol will come home late. Take care of yourself. Yixing”
 
Jongdae snorted, Yixing hyung always take good care for the other, but of course he will take care of himself. He is 26 for god sake.
 
He was enjoying his meal when his phone rang from his bedroom. Jongdae stand up and walking to get his phone, it was surprised him when Junmyeon’s name showed on it. Why his boss call him? It’s Saturday afternoon.
 
“Hello sajangnim”
 
“hey Jongdae. Sorry for calling you at the weekend, and don’t call me sajangnim on our off days! You only call me sajangnim on the office. How many times I should tell you”
 
“ops, sorry hyung. I though you call me because of work” Jongdae teased.
 
“No, not really about a job. But you might forget about this”
 
“about what?” Jongdae surprised, his job is as Junmyeon’s secretary and forget about his boss need is a big no.
 
“See, you completely forget about this. Hahahahahaaa … Yesterday I was asking you to take the wine from Yifan’s house. The one he want to give me.”
 
, he totally forgets about this. That’s the reason he follows Yifan into his apartment last night, to take the wine and give it to Junmyeon on Monday. “I’m sorry. I totally forgetful”
 
“No problem.” Junmyeon chuckled, “the wine is safe with me now. Yifan himself deliver it. He is with me now”
 
Cold sweat covered his body when he knows that Yifan is at Junmyeon apartment. “ oh, well. I really sorry. Please said my remorse to Mr. Wu”
 
“He said it’s okay. You forget this after having a good conversation with him, right? He said you are a good company last night”
Jongdae cleans his throat, it seems like something clog his throad. “eh, yes. Maybe. I’m glad he is happy with me last night”
 
“Yeah, see you next Monday Jongdae. Have a nice weekend” 
 
Jongdae cut the line, staring at his phone with blank expression. Wu Yifan never wasting time. He already move with his plan, and Jongdae was really screwed. But it’s not easy to make Junmyeon falling in love. As long as Jongdae knows for this long two years as Junmyeon’s secretary, Junmyeon’s still so much in love with his ex, Kim Jongin.
 
 
He is worried for the rest of the weekend. He doesn’t really know what to do. And Yixing keep his concern look at Jongdae on Sunday. But really, Jongdae not ready yet to share his problem to his beloved hyung.
 
***
 
Monday morning and it was raining. A really good way to starts a new day. How perfect.. The wind ruins his hair and his shining shoes get dirty because of the rain. Jongdae  signed heavily. He sit on his desk, preparing for his working hours. In about 15 minutes Junmyeon will come to greet him and enter his office. Then they will head to the conference room to attend the weekly meeting.
 
“Good morning Jongdae shii” Junmyeon voice makes Jongdae startled. He stand up and bowing.
 
“Sorry sajangnim, I don’t see you coming. You are earlier”
 
Junmyeon chuckled, give his secretary his best smile. “Yes, Yifan call me so early so I can prepare earlier too”
 
“Ah.. Mr. Wu give you a morning call” Jongdae tried his best to maintain his expression. 
 
“yeah, he asking me to grab a lunch together. So I take the offer. He is the owner of one of our best company partner. Nothing personal, business thing I guess”
 
 
If only you know what happened.
 
 
“Oh, you should join us too! I said that I will bring you along with me. He will bring Minseok too. See? I think he want to offer something to us. Let see” and then Junmyeon enter his office. Preparing himself for the meeting
 
He only wants to ruin my life.
 
 
***
 
 
It was started 4 months ago. When Yifan company and Junmyeon’s start a good deal for each other. Jongdae always be there, on Junmyeon’s side helping
with the deal.
 
It was just ordinary thing, Jongdae got Minseok and Yifan’s phone number. So I would be easier to communicate about things. 
 
Things got harder when Junmyeon asked Jongdae to show his angelic voice in one of their company party. Yifan was there, mesmerized by his performance. Jongdae has different charisma when he is on stage, holding a mic and sang a lovely ballad. In Yifan’s eyes, he looked perfect.
 
In the next day Jongdae got a bouquet of roses and cheesy card with a poem on his desk. It was from Mr. Wu. He just save the card and put the roses on a vase. Put it on Junmyeon office so his office would looked better. The flirt continues as an invitation to a date by message and calls, but Jongdae always refuse it. Give silly excuses. And nobody knows what happened.
 
In the last company party, it seems like Mr. Wu patient reach his limit.
 
He has bottle of wine he bought in Paris last week for Junmyeon. A gift for his best partner, he said.
“You can ask jongdae to take it from my place and he’ll give it to you on Monday” Yifan suggested, a grin plastering on his face. Junmyeon nodded and Jongdae can’t say no to his boss.
 
Entering Yifan’s apartement feels like entering the cave of a powerful wolf. Yifan open his door full of smile, and greasy friendly manner. Jongdae know why he being like this anyway, but he’ll keep this professional.
 
He’ll just take the wine, and get out of here as soon as possible. But Yifan doesn’t have the same thought. He grabbed Jingdae’s wrist and drag him to his bedroom. Jongdae struggled at his best, so Yifan pinned him on the wall. Give him a rough kiss on his lips, but he’ll never melt into him. No! 
He can tell no one about that night. Even Yixing, his very best friend. If he told Junmyeon, it might ruins all the business deal. And it might get their company into a crisis, it’s a big consequence. So Jongdae better keep quite.
 
***
 
Yifan stared at his secretary lazily. Minseok might be the only person that know about this affair. But he can do nothing. He may talk to his boss but Yifan is such a stubborn man. Grown in a rich family, he usually got what he wants. He knows, Jongdae is not a thing. He is human with a soul, and you can’t buy a soul with money. It’s not how things work.
 
But he is in love. This is the first time he feel this kind of feeling, Minseok said this was not healthy for his mind, this was obsession. But Yifan never cared, he only want Jongdae for himself.
 
“So, this afternoon we will meet them again. Right, sir? What for?” Minseok writes Yifan’s schedule on his note.
 
“Make some good offer to them”
 
“You always give them a good offer sir, seems like you showers them with your generosity”
 
“Nothing to do with you”
 
“Yes, it’s fine as long as it also a good thing for our company. But you know this is not a good thing to you” Minseok’s words full of concern.
 
“I know. I just change the target.”
 
“Suddenly? Why?”
 
“Not your business Minseokkie” Yifan smirked.
 
***
 
“I hope this thing will work well between us” Kris squeezed Junmyeon hands firmly, a fake warm smile form on his face. They are on a fancy restaurant, enjoying their lunch. Junmyeon seems happy with the offer Yifan gave him. Yifan never let Junmyeon hands go, the way Yifan squeezed Junmyeon hands looked so intimate. He even rub the hands, give Junmyeon this fluttering feeling. But be a positive person he is, Junmyeon only think that as a friendly gesture.
 
Minseok seems uncomfortable on his seat, while Jongdae can feel the pressure on his chest. Yifan’s eyes may looked at Junmyeon, but Jongdae can feel that those eyes staring at him from the corner of it.
 
This gonna be a very tough time. This is the battle of them, the battle of mind, heart, and feeling. Honestly, Jongdae never thought he might win this battle. But he never wants to sacrifice his own feeling. Why Junmyeon must get involved, he is just an innocent. He is too nice to being hurt. This is not fair at all.
Yifan just want Jongdae, he will give up everything in his life as long as Jongdae gonna be his. He will leave his company if his parents not approve his decision, he really will. But his love not love him back, it hurt his feeling so much.