Bali Part 3

Eternal

~~~

"Naeunnie! Pay attention!" Jessica waved her hands in front of Naeun's face to get her attention.

"Oh, Mianhae." Naeun said, still staring at Krystal and Taemin who were standing nearby.

"Anyway, so lets also....." Jessica continued to chatter away, while Naeun continued looking at Taemin and Krystal having fun.

Taemin put his arm around Krystal and hugged her waist tightly.  Naeun tried to ignore them, but she could not.

Yah, they're dating! They should be doing things like that! Son Naeun, look away and give them privacy. Naeun forced herself to look away and paid attention to Jessica.

"Naeun? Jessica-ssi? Can I sit here?"  A man questioned.

"Ne, Ki Kwang." Naeun replied, smiling.

"So, how do you like it here?" Ki Kwang wondered.

"Its wonderful. The beach is really pretty, as you said." Naeun said.

"Ne, I told you." Ki Kwang beamed at the fact that Naeun had remembered Ki Kwang told her that.

"Naeun-ssi,do you want to join me, Yoseob, and Gayoon-ssi for dinner today? Its kind of like a date." Ki Kwang asked politely.

"Uhhj..." Naeun stared at Jessica, searching for an excuse to say no.

"Ne! Naeun would love to come! We have to go; Annyeong!" Jessica smiled, grabbing Naeun.

"Unnie, I didn't want to go!" Naeun exclaimed, as they walked away from Ki Kwang.

"Naeun, you need to have a boyfriend. Ki Kwang totally has a  crush on you. Its so obvious." Jessica said, smiling.

"But unnie..." Naeun sighed.

I like Taemin. Only Taemin. Only Lee Taemin. Naeun thought, frustrated.

"Now, lets get you ready!" Jessica squealed. "My best friend is going on her first date! Kyaaah~!"

Naeun rolled her eyes at Jessica's fangirling and followed her reluctantly.

~~~

"Komawo, oppa!" Krystal thanked, her arm around Taemin's arm.

"Ani. Its nothing. It was fun, wasn't it?" Taemin shrugged.

Taemin recalled all the things he had done to make Krystal understand love. Though he had tried to enjoy the events they did, such as riding a merry go round and make sand art, it was useless. He wasn't able to enjoy them with Krystal. She wasn't his type at all. He was sweet, quiet, and diffident. Krystal was energetic, carefree, and extroverted. They would fit each other.

Taemin knew that Naeun saw him as a nonentity. He didn't want to break up with Krystal either. Not because Naeun would dislike him of he did so, but because he was afraid of Krystal's reaction. She seemed like the type of person who would remain depressed for life if her boyfriend decided to end the relationship with her. Whatever happened, Taemin hoped that something fortunate would happen to end this fake relationship.

~~~

"Annyeong haseyo." Naeun greeted, as she spotted Ki Kwang with two other individuals.

"Naeun! Annyeong. Yoseob and Gayoon meet Naeun. Naeun, meet my best friend and his girlfriend, Yoseob and Gayoon." Ki Kwang introduced.

"Annyeong haseyo. Nice to meet you." Naeun smiled politely.

"Annyeong! You're so quiet, unlike some people!" Yoseob directed, nudging Ki Kwang.

"Yah, you're not quiet either!" Ki Kwang huffed. "Anyway, Yoseob reserved a table for us. Lets get going."

The four finally took seats at a small table facing the beautiful beach with occasional sounds of sea gulls and waves crashing.

Naeun silently ate her food, while the others chattered away.

Gayoon, noticing Naeun's silence, spoke, "Naeun-ssi, is Ki Kwang your first boyfriend?"

Naeun coughed and began to furiously blush. "A-Aniyo. He isn't my boyfriend."

Ki Kwang stared at her, astonished.

"What do you mean, Naeun? I thought we were going out.... After all, we spent all of time together in Vocals class. And we got the same seats on the plane ride." Ki Kwang brought up.

"Mianhae. I didn't mean to create a misunderstanding. I only think of you as a close friend." Naeun explained. "And..."

"And what?" Yoseob questioned.

"I have a crush on someone else." Naeun confessed.

"Jinjja?" Gayoon gasped.

"Ne. Mianhae, Ki Kwang-ssi." Naeun put her hands on Ki Kwang's shoulder.

"Naeun, can you come outside with me for a moment?" Ki Kwang requested. Naeun nodded and followed him, closing the restaurant's door behind her.

"First of all, its alright that you don't like me. We're very different from each other. I'm sorry for misunderstanding our friendship as something more. It was my fault. However, may I know who you like?" Ki Kwang smiled.

"Ne. Komapseumnida. You really are an amazing friend. Thank you for understanding. I like Taemin-ssi." Naeun shyly admitted.

"Aigoo.... You and Taemin would make a great pair. You two have such similar personalities. Good luck on confessing to him!" Ki Kwang cheered.

" Thanks for the encouragement, but its too late."

"Waeyo?"

"Krystal, Jessica-ssi's little sister, is dating him." Naeun said.

"Mianhae. I didn't know."

"Ani. You did nothing wrong. Are you sure you're alright?"

"Ne. Lets go back in. Friends?"

"Close friends!" Naeun giggled, walking back to the restaurant.

~~~

"Yeobo seyo?" Taemin said into his phone.

"Oppa! Its Krystal!" Krystal giggled.

"Ah, Krystal. Annyeong." Taemin sighed silently.

"Do you want to go buy couple accessories together?" Krystal asked.

"Onew hyung and Jongin asked me to go surfing with them today. Sorry."

"Oppaaaa....you just don't want to spend time with me right?" Krystal teased.

"Aniya. I told you my friends wanted to go surfing with me." Taemin began to grow impatient.

"I'm kidding, oppa! You can spend time with your friends! Annyeong! Be careful!" Krystal hung up.

Taemin sighed. Krystal was so caring about him. Yet he had little to no feelings for her.

"Taemin-ah, what happened?" Onew wondered, noticing Taemin's dullness.

"I can't like Krystal. She isn't my type. She's more like Jongin's type... And Jongin and I are like opposites." Taemin expressed.

"Yah! Set Krystal up with Jongin! Then they'll see their similarities and fall in love! I think Jongin likes Krystal anyway." Onew exclaimed.

"Yes! Hyung, that's an amazing idea! Thank you!" Taemin hugged Onew and began to dance around the room in delight.

~~~

"Naeunnie why did you do such a thing?" Jessica whined, falling onto the bed in their hotel room.

"Jessica unnie, maybe she doesn't want to go out with anyone at the moment." Luna suggested.

"Aiish. Ki Kwang-ssi said its alright. In the end, we were still friends. My head hurts. Can we please be silent for a moment?" Naeun beseeched coughing.

"Naeunnie, I'm worried about you. Your voice has been changing into something raspy. You've been looking extremely thin lately. Your yearly coughs have become worse. Something's wrong. Go to the doctor immediately after we leave Bali!" Jessica ordered, worried about Naeun's health.

"Unnie, I'm fine." Naeun shrugged off.

"Naeun, Jessica unnie is right. You have changed from the last time I saw you." Luna agreed.

Naeun sighed. Her friends were extremely loving, but sometimes she felt as if they went too far. She was able to take care of herself.

~~~

Taemin noticed a young woman with long, black hair wearing a flowery dress with a pink cardigan. He smiled and rushed to her eagerly.

"Naeun-ah?" Taemin confirmed.

"Oh, Annyeong haseyo Taemin-ssi." Naeun bowed.

Taemin forced his frown to go away and said, "Naeun-ah, why are you being so polite? We're friends!"

"Ne. Mianhae."

"So, how are you?" Taemin attempted at a conversation.

"I'm fine. How are you? How's Krystal? Is everything great between you guys?" Naeun smiled.

It felt nice to speak to Taemin after a long time of avoiding him.

"I'm fine. Krystal's fine. Things between us are great. But I don't think that we are right for each other. We have no similarities. I know the adage, 'Opposites attract.'. It doesn't fit with my case though. I'm not happy with Krystal. Eeothoke?" Taemin blurted out.

Naeun stared at him, stunned. He had to be with Krystal. Jessica would be content if Krystal knew what love felt like, and Naeun would be satisfied if Jessica was content.

"Give her a chance. She's a sweet girl!" Naeun smiled fakely. She mumbled about leaving and quickly fled from Taemin.

Taemin watched her leave with disappointment.

Naeun, why? WHY? WHY? WHY? Why are you fighting against me? I miss you, Naeun-ah! Come back to me! Taemin screamed without a sound.