Bali Part 4

Eternal

"Krys, are you ready?" Jessica verified, grabbing her things.

"Wait, let me just fix my hair!" Krystal hurried to the bathroom.

"Yah, you 'fixed' your hair 20 times already! Come!" Jessica complained.

"Aiish. I'm coming..."Krystal exclaimed.

"Naeunnie....wake up Luna. Also, Krys wanted to buy something for umma before the music festival. So, we're leaving early. That's alright, right?" Jessica said.

"Ne. It's fine. Don't worry." Naeun assured. She closed the door, as Jessica and Krystal left.

"Luna-ssi! Wake up!!!" Naeun nudged Luna impatiently.

"Yah, we just fell asleep." Luna mumbled, covering her head with the blanket she was sleeping with.

"It's already 9:30!" Naeun informed.

"So what?" Luna turned away from Naeun.

"The music festival is today!" Naeun yelled.

Luna jumped up and ran to the bathroom.

"Mianhae! I'll be back really fast! Wait for me! BoA unnie, I'm coming!" Luna shouted from the bathroom.

Naeun chuckled and gathered her purse, containing a water bottle, a notebook, and both a pen and pencil, hoping that there would be a moment where she could get a signature from her role models, Younha, Kim Taeyeon, and BoA. They somehow encouraged her to keep singing through their music and she learned a lot from them, watching their breath-taking performances and hearing their helpful advice.

Naeun was excited to be finally meeting her favorite singers. 

~~~

"Annyeong haseyo, Kim Taeyeon imnida. I'll be performing 'Missing You Like Crazy' and 'Closer' today. However, I have a special surprise in store for someone in this area. It will happen right after I sing 'Missing You Like Crazy'. So please look forward to it." Kim Taeyeon, a well-known and praised singer who displayed emotion extremely well, announced.

As Taeyeon sang, Naeun felt light and airy. She could not believe that she was actually less than a kilometer away from her role model. She began to sing along with Taeyeon and apparently Taeyeon noticed as well. 

Taemin, who was watching both Naeun from afar, chuckled at how she was singing. He never saw the fangirl mode of Son Naeun.

As "Missing You Like Crazy" ended, the MC came onto stage.

"Annyeong haseyo, MC Lee Hana imnida. Taeyeon-ssi has a surprise for avalanche amount of fans here."

"Ne. A lucky fan will join me for the 'Closer' stage. They can sing, dance, or do whatever they want. They'll also get a chance to speak with me." Taeyeon informed the cheering audience.

Wah.... I wish I am selected. Naeun hoped.

"Yah, it would be so cool if one of us got to go on stage." Jessica said to Naeun. Naeun nodded, waiting for Taeyeon to speak again.

"Okay, I selected the pretty girl in the navy blue dress with the red floral print towards the bottom. Please come up front!" Taeyeon smiled at Naeun.

Naeun's jaw dropped. She was pushed onto stage by Jessica and Luna,as they wished her luck on her singing.

"Annyeong haseyo. What's your name?" Taeyeon questioned.

"Uhh...Son Naeun imnida." Naeun said nervously.

"Wah, you have such a pretty name. Where are you from? Why are you here in Bali?"

"I'm from Incheon, South Korea. My school came here on a short trip." Naeun said.

"I see...are you an academic student?"

"Aniyo. I'm training for vocals, dance, and so on."

"Jinjja? Then I hope we can hear you sing. Shall we begin?" Taeyeon asked.

Naeun nodded, feeling unconfident.

As the song began, Naeun felt butterflies fluttering in her stomach.

As she sang, the audience were astonished at Naeun's vocal capabilities. Despite being young, Naeun displayed a developed, controlled voice.

Taemin listened to Naeun open mouthed. The first time he heard her versus now were unrecognizable . Now she was showcasing confidence and power with her tone.

"Kai, Naeun is so great at singing." Taemin expressed.

"I know. She always was." Kai agreed.

As the song ended, Naeun and Taeyeon were given loud plaudits and Naeun bowed. Then, Taeyeon brought Naeun to the side of the stage, turning off the microphone.

"Naeun-ssi, you're an amazing singer." Taeyeon complimented.

"Jinjja? Komapseumnida. I feel very grateful from hearing that from my role model. Unnie, may I get an autograph?" Naeun smiled.

"Ne. Here, I'll give my latest album to you. Thanks for singing. You'll become a prominent singer." Taeyeon assured.

"Kamsahamnida. Just that one sentence can encourage me to do better. I'm a huge fan of yours." Naeun said.

"Komawo. I'm glad to have such a wonderful, talented fan. Annyeong. The MC is calling me. Good luck in your future! Study well!"

Naeun nodded and went down the stage. Her mind was flying with the unexpected performance she had just done. She was very thankful to be chosen by Kim Taeyeon. Her words were very inspirational and Naeun felt motivated to work even harder now.

~~~

"Naeun! You're so lucky! You met Kim Taeyeon!" Krystal shouted.

"Naeunnie, your singing was pitch perfect. It was as good as Kim Taeyeon's singing." Jessica said, patting her on the back.

"Unnie, you're exaggerating. I wasn't that great." Naeun said modestly.

"Yah, you were great! Sooyoung seon saeng-nim was very impressed and pleased with you." Luna shared.

Naeun's smile shone even brighter when she heard Luna's comment about Sooyoung seon saeng-nim.

Wow...Was I really that good? I feel so impeccable at this moment. I know that selfish of me, but what can I say? Naeun, when you first joined Incheon Arts School, you were so shy and hopeless. Everyone thought that. Even you did...How did you break out of your turtle shell and even manage to begin singing in front of people? Was it magic? Naeun thought to herself. She chuckled and then shook the thought out of her head. She felt proud of herself, but knew it was best to be modest.

Author's Note:

Annyeong! I updated twice today! :)

I noticed that many of you supported Taeun, as expected. So, I cleared up the Ki Kwang and Naeun pairing!

Thank you for all the comments! I'm very grateful, like Naeun!^^