02 [Nemesis]

His Teenager's Wife #19 years old

HAN SOO HEE'S POV

 

 

I narrowed my eyes as I stared in awe at the top of the building. SJ CROWN. What a great name! 

 

 

I stepped inside the building with confidence. For a second time, I was in awe and amazed mood. The company's building was enormous and arranged. The specification of its rigid state. I gawked, wondering who designed this kind of wonder! I don't know the others but for me, the architecture of the building is perfect! It was my first seeing a company, not even my father's.

 

 

As I was immersed in the beauty view of inner landscape at the side of the lobby, I heard a voice, calling.

 

 

"Hey, excuse me! Hello, you! With the cap, right there." A lady waved her hands on air. I think she was referring to me.

 

 

I turned and pointed my index finger on my chest. "Me?"

 

 

She nodded. I walked hesistantly toward the lady. She wore a red and white vest, her uniforms I guess, seeing the other two ladies beside her wore the same attires.

 

 

On their desk wrote: RECEPTION

 

 

She studied me, from head to toe, making me felt uncomfortable. "What are you doing here, kid? Lost?" The lady who called me said.

 

 

I took a quick glance at my outfits. Double-layered short-sleeved shirt, denim ankled pants, finished with a red checkered shirt twisted around my waist. Oh, with my ebay red Monster cap on my head.

 

 

"Excuse me?"

 

 

Her reddish lip curved, letting a wicked smirked to me.

 

 

"Sorry but if you're searching for your mother, she's not here!" She uttered while her collegues giggled at her 'joke'.

 

 

I bit my lip, trying to console myself for some patience.

 

 

"I'm here for Kim Min Seok! Where can I see him?"

 

 

"Kim Min Seok? Who's that? Hehe.." They giggled again. Gosh! What's with them anyway? And silly me for saying his real name!

 

 

"I mean Xiu Min. Is he here?" The moment I mentioned his name, they stop giggling. Their face tensed.

 

 

"Why are you searching for my Xiu Min?" The lady in the middle crossed her arms and bent closer to me. 

 

 

"Oh, your Xiu Min? Well, FYI he's my fiance. So, where can I find him, receptionist?" Their eyes widened.

 

 

Then, a loud guffaw heard. "Really? Then, he's my husband!" said the lady on my right.

 

 

"And I'm his misstress!" said the lady on the left.

 

 

Three of them really getting my nerve! But I'm an adult. So, as a matured adult, I ignored them and went towards the elevators. However, I got stuck at the entrance of card detector. And unfortunately, I did not have that workers card to pass through it. Moreover, there were two huge guards manned the machines.

 

 

I took a few steps back. Yes, I want to jump! It's not that high. Just think the gate as in the hurdle. Said the one that is an adult..

 

 

The trio receptionist glimpsed at me and shouted for the guards.

 

 

 "Get that kid!" The two men in alerted. I know I'm in trouble and they would have caught me anytime, but I sticked at my first plan-running and jumping. I sprinted and tried to hurdle the detector. Regrettably, they managed to grip both of my arms and raised me until I could not reach the floor. I was high in the air.

 

 

"Ahh, security uncles!! Put me down! I said put me downnn!!!" I screamed on top of my lung while flapping my feet and body. But they did not move a bit. The scene really caught the audience.

 

 

"Get her out of building!" With the command from the receptionist ladies, the guards carried me towards the entrance door.

 

 

"Uncle~~" I quibbled, still beating the feet.

 

 

In the meantime of struggling, I discovered a person. Someone who looked familiar to me.

 

 

"Uncle Sung Jae!" I shrieked. Loud enough to attract others attention to me.

 

 

He lid-eyed me from distance. Then, he paced closer.

 

 

As he came, the two guards put me on the floor. They bowed him.

 

 

"Soo Hee, what are you doing here? And why are you carrying her?" He glanced at me then, the men.

 

 

One of them cleared his throat. "She make fuss-"

 

 

I know he would blame me, so I cut him. "Uncle! I came to see my fiance but that lady didn't let me in!" I said, pointing at the reception desk. The three ladies gulped hard. After giving que to the guards, Uncle Kim and I walked to the desk.

 

 

"This is my daughter-in-law. Let her in other time, okay?" He spoke to them. They nodded.

 

 

"Sorry, Mr. Kim! I didn't know. Sorry, err..M-Miss!" The lady at the middle said in humble. I, who stood behind Uncle Sung Jae giggled at them in silence.

 

 

I sauntered with a sly face and sticked out my tongue, tailing Uncle Sung Jae to the elevator. 

 

 

We waited for the elevator, which were surrounded by a bunch of workers, each of them had a gold card hanging on their neck. They bowed in respect when they recognized Uncle Sung Jae. I seem to like him and admire him more for his friendly manner by talking and concerned about his workers. I could see their faces brighten when Uncle Sung Jae chattered with them while waiting.

 

 

The elevator slided open. A man wearing a dark blue necktie bowed to Yoon Uncle and giving him space. The Butler Uncle and I followed Uncle Sung Jae into the lift. As I entered, there were some of them whispering. Maybe about me.

 

 

Like: "Who's that girl?", "What is she doing here?" or "Who she think she is, sharing the same elevator with the CEO?" Something similar to that.

 

 

The Butler Uncle hold the 'Open Door' button. "Don't you want to ride on?" Uncle Sung Jae invited them.

 

 

"That's okay, Mr. Kim! We'll wait for the other lift." Said the one with the spectacles. He looked age. A senior, I guess.

 

 

Uncle Sung Jae seem to know how I felt as he pulled me closer to him and announced, "This is Han Soo Hee. My daughter-in-law." I stared at his face with widen eyes and speechless. The whispering between the workers became louder. With a serene expression, he told Butler Uncle to close the door.

 

 

I managed to pull myself out of thought. "Uncle, don't you think that as unnecessary thing to do? Well, we didn't even buy the engagement ring. You know, if we're not get-"

 

 

"No, I am sure you are my only daughter-in-law. Just like what your Aunty wish for." He stressed.

 

 

"Just asking, but why'd you wear this-with the cap on." Uncle Kim saw my clothes for today.

 

 

"I'm sorry, Uncle! I didn't mean to embarrass you-"

 

 

"No, no.. That's not what I mean. You look cute and casual today. Besides, you're not a worker here, so that's okay.." I breathed out in relief, hearing Uncle Kim.

 

 

"Sorry! It's just that Aunty asked me to flirt Xiumin. So this are part of my plans." I almost slipped my tongue by saying Xiumin, like I used to call him, without informality, but managed to cover it up.

 

 

Then, TING! The elevator stopped and the door automatically open.

 

 

"This is where Xiu Min's office are. Floor 56. Good luck and hope to hear a good news from you." The lift closed.

 

 

Stepped out of the lift, I tip-toed to a huge glass door, just a few feets from the elevator. The door was tinted half, while the upper half was transparent. I could see some tables, arranged in rows, putting two rows of desk together. I burst my head a bit and peeked, wondering the way I had to choose. Left or right? The office workers were too busy to see me, glinting. I pulled my neck out to the left path, looking for the COO of SJ CROWN HOLDINGS.

 

 

I turned to the other pathway when I startled to see a face bent so closed to me as our nose touched. I panted in shock. "What are you doing here, kid?" She croaked, emotionlessly.

 

 

"I need to see Mr. Xiu Min, please. Where's his office?" Without question, she pointed straight, on my left.

 

 

"Thank-" She already gone. As I made my way, I heard whispering among the workers, bustling about me. I eavesdropped as they said about my image as the daughter-in-law of this company and more, eventually my appearance. And I know nothing but gossips sure fly fast! I slipped out my smartphone from the pocket, trying to ignore their eyes wandered on my shirt.

 

 

Xiu! Where are you?

 

 

I was lost in texting and nearly pressed the SEND button when I heard a voice.

 

 

"Who let this unstylish girl here?!" Listened to that, I looked up, on my right.

 

 

"Emm, sorry?" I raised one of my eyebrows. A young man who had on a two button style with ivory blazer, gawked at me, the same expression that receptionist gave me. Behind him, was a beautiful woman holding a dark brown sort of notebook, wearing a beige blouse, black blazer and skirt.

 

 

"Yes, you heard me!" I clenched my fist.

 

 

"Soo Hee?" My head snapped to the left and saw Xiu Min in his formal white coat. Another tall lady, beside him, wore a suitable red dress for a career woman, made me realized that it was his secretary.

 

 

"What are you doing here, in my office?" Xiu Min questioned.

 

 

"I'm here for you. We need to pick up our engangement rings at Chiron's Jewels today. Don't Aunty told you that?" Everyone started to make noise and chattering on themselves when I mentioned the word 'engangement'. 

 

 

"Ring? Mom didn't say..." I tried my best to concentrate on what Xiu Min were saying but that guy with the ivory blazer were also busy shouting for guards, to chase me away and melting Xiu Min's voice. Impatienced, I turned my back.

 

 

"Can you please shut your mouth?" I cried as if I given him warning.

 

 

"Oh, why should I?!" He uttered in arrogant. At that moment, he somehow-I think I've seen him somewhere in the Earth.

 

 

"Hey, wait! Stand still!" I paced towards him. My index finger poked his cheeks while leaning closer to his face. He brushed my hand harshly.

 

 

I glanced back at Xiu Mi, with a smile. "He's Kim.Jong.Dae?"

 

 

"Chen." Xiu Min corrected me. "Yeah..Chen!" I said in annoyed, while rolling me eyes. I really don't get why he change his name at the first place.

 

 

"Yah, Xiu Min! Who's this? Don't say she's one of your-" He didn't finished his sentence and continued it by examinized me, giving me a disgusting look.

 

 

"Oh, you offended me, Chen, or should I called Cheeky-bone?" I cross-armed and smirked. His eyes grew doubled.

 

 

"Han.Soo.Hee?" He spelt my name one by one. 

 

 

"Oh my! I felt so touched that you remember me, Cheeky-bone!" I wanted to annoy him more but Xiu Min grabbed both of my hands and dragged me away.

 

 

"See ya later, Cheeky!" Was my last lines before Xiu Min pulled me out of the office, passed through the glass door.

 

 

******************************************

 

In a cafe

 

 

"Why didn't you tell me about Cheeky-bone, working there? It would've be fun! " I pouted. The waiter arrived with our drinks.

 

 

"Because I know you would've do the thing! The 'fun' things." He cupped his brown macchiato.

 

 

I slurped my bubble tea and glanced at my wristwatch. "When do we'll going to the ring shop?"

 

 

"Yeah.. About that.. I don't- I don't think that I'm ready for marriage life yet. I want to live my life to the fullest and enjoyed my youth!" He said in emotion. I paused. A long pause. What? So he think that I'm ready? IM NINETEEN FOR GOD'S SAKE!

 

 

"I'm sorry but we can't go on this marriage. I mean, we're best friend and forever will be."

 

 

Best friend. Forever. A lump welled up in my throat. Ouch! My chest felt pain. As if a knife stabbed on me, and it keep stabbing me to the last. Was that all I was?

 

 

"Hee?" He gripped my hands gently, asking for understanding. I pulled my hands off. Tried to curled a smile.

 

 

"No, it's okay. I understand. I do! I mean, I'm only nineteen. So duhh.."

 

 

"Thank you! You're my best friend ever!" He gave me a thumb's up.

 

 

He clapped his hands once, the way he always do when he reminded something. "Ah! I need your help to tell our parents, especially my Mom. You know her, right?"

 

 

I hesistated, then nodded imperceptibly. "Of course!"

 

 

We left the cafe. 

 

 

 ♪XOXO, L.O.V.E. You're my XOXO, L.O.V.E♪

 

 

I reached out my phone from the back of pants and my eyes goggled. I mouthed to Xiu Min, told him to be quiet and let me handle it.

 

 

On screen-I swiped the green icon. Clearing my throats, I spoke. "Oh, Aunty!" That was Aunty Han Ah. She often call to check on us. Well, many times. When we went shopping, on 'date'. She even followed my SNS and Twitter account. One word to describe her: DAEBAK!

 

 

"No, not yet. Xiu Min is busy. He had gone for meeting." That's all I could think of.

 

 

My voice trembled as I was in panic when she asked, "Meeting with whom? His girlfriends?!"

 

 

"N-NO! With.. Hmm.. A company, from Germany. It's a big project for him to handle, so need much work to succeed." I hope she ate the bait. I came out with that excuses as I accidently bumped into a man, wearing a gray suit, followed by several men. He said, "Sorry." In German accent.

 

 

"Really? That's fine. We'll postpone the appointment to other time." A huge relief sigh escaped from my mouth after the call ended.

 

 

"Wow! (Clapping) You really are my savior! But-how'd you know about our client?" Xiumin was curious. I told him regarding the incidence at the lobby and my dream to visit the nation.

 

 

"Yah, can I follow you to the office? I'm bored for being alone. Can I? Can I?" I said pleadingly.

 

 

He let a sigh but gave me permission, only to stay in his office, nothing more or less. Even though I think it was unfair, but I agreed.

 

 

**************************************

 

 

I crouched on the black leather sofa that fitted to five person. Then, I lay down with my hand on the forehead, staring on the ceiling. Position switched. I lay on my belly button, buried my face on the hexagon yellowish pillow. Not even a minute, I my left, facing the sofa cushion. I kept slamming the sofa with the cap for no reason. The squeaking sound of the sofa as I kept on moving and adjusting the position distracted Xiu Min, who lost in his three-centimeter-thicked paperworks.

 

 

"Hee! Please! I'm trying to focus, here!" He put his pen down and stared at me. I got up to my sit position and blinked blankly at him.

 

 

"So, how am I suppose to do? I've nothing to do here!" I ruffled my hair in frustration. Xiu Min ignored my whining and carried on his work. I gritted my teeth, annoyance. Putting my cap on, backward, I stood.

 

 

"I'm off to the toilet." I trudged out of the office. I stepped to the table, and asked Xiu Min's secretary, Soo Mi.

 

 

"Sorry to interrupt but, where is the toilet?"

 

 

"Went straight to the elevator and turn to the left. Ladies is on the right."

 

 

I was about to headed there but, my feet reversed itself. "Excuse me again, miss...."

 

 

********************************

 

"Told you can't beat me, cousin! I'm way better than you!" A boy said in arrogant while his other three friends were laughing at a crying little boy on the ground.

 

 

"You're such a cry baby! Mommy's child!" The leader hold tight that poor boy's clothes until it crumpled.

 

 

The other sneered by calling him, "Mommy's child! Minseok is a cry baby! Mommy's baby!"

 

 

The boy cried louder until someone shouted. "Yah! Stop bully that boy!"

 

 

They turned to see a girl dressed like a boy, bringing another humor for them.

 

 

"Here comes the hero!" Said one of the trio. They surrounded the girl.

 

 

"Aww, so sweet! You came to save this coward!" The leader uttered and guffawed. But it did not last long because the hero's temper was short.

 

 

The tomboyish girl balled her fist and knocked the leader on his face. 

 

 

"Boss!" The trio shouted in shock. He fell on the ground, beside that crying boy.

 

 

"Who's next?!" The girl gave them a smirk. Their hands shaken and none of them was brave enough to fight her. The three friends raised the fainted Boss and carried him home.

 

 

"You better prepare, Kid!" The Boss gave the tomboyish girl a warning.

 

 

"We'll see, Cheeky-bone!" The girl spoke in confidence while pushing her thumb on her nose. In a second, they lost in sight.

 

 

The boy stopped crying and stood up with the help of the girl.

 

 

Chen gently touched his left cheek, then smiled.

 

 

KNOCK! KNOCK!

 

 

The sound had waken Chen from his deep thought. He wanted to say: Don't disturb me!, but the door screeched and a head burst from outside.

 

 

"Cheeky-bone!" She waved in enthusiastic with a mischiveous smile.

 

 

Leisurely, she sat on the chair in front of Chen's desk. 

 

 

"What.Are.You.Doing.Here?" Chen asked in monotone as if he did not have interest on her visit.

 

 

"Nothing much. I'm just visiting my nemesis." Soo Hee was playing with the platinum plate crafted: KIM CHEN, like the one on the door, tittled: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF SJ CROWN, Kim Chen.

 

 

Chen rummaged a few files on his desk, searching for some papers, tried to look as busy as he could be. "Can't you see I'm busy? So, get.Out.Now!"

 

 

"Oww.. You always send me away whenever I'm being friendly." Han Soo Hee acted hurt.

 

 

"So it'll be easy for you to pick on me? Hell no!" He pursed his lips.

 

 

"You're still the same! My Cheeky-bone!" Soo Hee leaned towards Chen and pinched his cheeks. His face flushed red.

 

 

"G-Get out." Chen stammered. She giggled at Chen's cuteness.

 

 

"Okay. Okay! I'll get out now, as you wish, Your Highness!" She said playfully. She was ready to go.

 

 

"Oh, congrats! Just post your wedding invitation card. I hate to see you again!" She lowered her eyes. Silence on the air. 

 

 

"I don't think there's marriage happen between me and Xiu. Don't worry!" She stood and made her way out. 

 

 

As she twisted the knob, "Yah, Kiddo!" Chen called. Something hit her forehead. She rubbed her head and kneeled to pick the marshmallow bar coated with chocolate-Cloud 9 brand. Her favorite.

 

 

"Someone gave me that and I hate chocolates!" He said in no interest but his voice softened. Soo Hee grinned before closing the door.

 

 

 Carefully, Chen slipped his hands under the lowest drawer of the table. There were two boxes of Cloud 9 packet in it.

 

 


 

*Revised