Something else changed...

The Phoenix Inside

 

-Umm, yeah, whatever. I’m still hungry.

-Aish, you’re hopeless. Will you ever understand love?

-Yes, actually I do.

-What? Since when?

-Since, like, forever. I’ve always loved food.

-Aishhh…

-Umm, guys?

-What , Sungjong? You’re hungry, too?

-That’s not it… LOOK!

-What?

 

Sungjong’s POV

I can’t believe it! What in the world?! I mean… How can she do that? Is she nuts? She … she … kissed him? Slapped him? What actually is going on? I’m going crazy here! I can’t understand. I know she might be a little confused herself, but… kiss then slap… then running out the door. Wait! What? She ran? He ran after her, also. Man, he sure loves her. But, what about her? Does she love him?

 

Aniya’s POV

I can’t believe it! What is wrong with me? Did I  slap him? I kissed him? Why did I do that? I think I … no, I can’t… he’s my best friend. I can’t let this happen. I don’t want to loose him, too. If I tell him, um, you know, that… I can’t forgive myself. I’m afraid that I’ll loose him too. And I don’t want that. I want him by my side forever.

-Aniya! Stop!

-I don’t want to.

He grabbed my hand. Why did he have to do that? Now, I can’t…

-Why? Why are you always running?

-Because, I don’t want to…

-To let somebody actually know how you feel? Well, too bad. Because I can see it. Look , you don’t have to hide from me, you know that.

-Yes, I know. But I don’t want you to know my …

-Feelings? Listen! Up until now, you’ve always let yourself to be loved by some people who don’t deserve you.

-I know. That’s why…

-Are you saying that I don’t deserve you?

-No, it’s just that… I don’t want to loose you too. All the people I’ve loved, left me.

-We’re still here. Doesn’t that say anything to you?

-It does…

-So… do you love me?

-…

-I’m waiting.

-…

-Hard to say?

-…

-Sheesh, Aniya… say something.

-I do.

-You do what?

-I do love you…

-Was it that hard?

-… but I can’t…

-No… shush…you are tired. Let’s go home. I bet you’re hungry.

-No, I’m not.

-Really? Did you eat today?

-…

-Thought so. Stop being silly and let’s go eat.

-But… it’s already late.

-You haven’t eaten anything the entire day.

-I did, in the morning.

-That’s all? In the morning? What about lunch?

-I was supposed to eat with…

-L.joe? Nevermind. You’re going to stop worrying so much about your body and care about your health.

-Yes, sir.

-Now that’s the Aniya I know. I like that smile.

Now, here I am… Myungsoo … I hope you’ll help me , like you always did. I should have listened to you all this time. Yeah, maybe I should eat with them. I bet they’ll all be surprised to see me eat with them. 

 

-Let’s go.

On the way home, I told him about me being accepted in the flight attendant preparation school.

-That’s great! I’m happy for you. I knew you could do it.

-I had my doubts. But I’m glad I was accepted.

-Don’t ever have doubts about yourself. I’ll make sure you will always be safe.

-You always say that. No need to be so cheesy.

-I’m not. I’m telling the truth. I mean, I’ve always been there for you. And now, I’m confident I won’t let you regret any part of your life. You won’t have why.

-If you say so…

He actually makes me happy. I didn’t think it will eventually be like this. Maybe I shouldn’t have been afraid of telling him what I feel for him. Everything would have been so much easier. I wouldn’t have to suffer because of some idi… I mean… unreliable guys. Oh well, at least it’s over, and I’m about to start a new life with Myungsoo by my side. Oh and the rest of…

-By the way… how’s the audition going?

-Oh, that. I have a question…

-If it’s about me singing…

-Why? We really need a girl for what we want to do. At least to act. No need to sing. Just act and dance.

-You guys have an idea for the video.

-Yeah… and if you agree to participate, it will be a blast.

-Oh, ok. If it will help you.

-Thanks. Did I tell how much I love you?

-Not quite.

-Good, it’s better if I keep it a secret.

-Why?

-Because I might scare you …

-Not fair. I wanted to know.

-Oh you will. But I won’t tell you. I’ll show you. What do you want to eat? How about kimchi?

-Sure, I know this place…

-What? Who said I’ll take you to a place?

-…

-I’ll cook.

-Now that’s something…

-Don’t joke about this. Sunggyu actually ate what I had made. He said it was really good. So you will be amazed.

-I better be. Now I can’t wait to see.

 

 

Author's Note

Hi! Guys, i hope you like it. But please subsribe and comment. It would really make me happy to know you like it. Thanks.