Part III: Quaffles are Red, Ravenclaws are Blue

To Woo a Gryffindor

A/N: Happy holidays :D This chapter isn't funny either. I'm not funny. The end.

Part III: Quaffles are Red, Ravenclaws are Blue

“Another point to Gryffindor! The quaffles are looking spectacularly red today… they’re kind of a raspberry red. Or… tomato. They’re very bright…”

Sehun’s lips twitch into a half-smile as he listens to Zhang Yixing, the spacey Hufflepuff commentator, go off on another tangent.

“Oh! And look at Gryffindor’s beater—hey, his ears are kind of big—”

Sehun often wonders why Zhang Yixing of all people was chosen as the Quidditch commentator. That boy is not completely there in the head.

Then, Lu Han zips by in a blur of gold and red and Sehun gets lost once again in the vicious game. The golden snitch flutters an inch from Lu Han’s fingertips.

“Come on, come on…” Sehun grumbles. He ignores the look Jongin shoots him from the corner of his eye. He has no time for his friend’s exhausting pettiness.

When the Ravenclaw beater sends a bludger sailing at Lu Han to knock him off course, the blonde Seeker narrowly escapes a nasty concussion, expertly doing a mid-air maneuver to stay on his broom.

“Dirty move!” Sehun bellows, and is echoed by boos and jeers from the Gryffindor stands.

“You’re unbelievable,” Jongdae tells him. Rather, he yells quite obnoxiously into Sehun’s ear.

“Yes, I know, thank you—”

“You’re Slytherin! You should be cheering for Ravenclaw!”

“I am most definitely cheering for Ravenclaw,” Sehun replies, not taking his eyes off of Lu Han for a second to even spare a glance for his exasperated Housemate.

“You’re mad. You’re completely off your rocker.”

“It’s not like I want Gryffindor to win. I just want Lu Han to win. There’s a difference.”

Jongdae stares at him.

“Sehun.”

“What.”

“…”

“…”

“When someone is staring at you, it’s only polite that you stare back.”

“Jongdae.”

“, Sehun, what.

“I have no idea what gave you the bizarre implication that I am in any way polite, but it is completely misguided. You, mate, are misguided.”

Jongdae seethes in frustration.

“You know what?! That hairstyle looks terrible on you.”

Sehun finally turns around, touching his head self-consciously. “What?”

“Yeah. There. I said it. In fact, everyone’s been dying to say that since Tuesday. And—shut up—I do mean last Tuesday.”

“…”

“Oh Sehun, if you dare ing cry, I swear I’ll—bloody hell—”

--

“Sehun, Sehun! We won! We’ll be playing Slytherin for the House Cup… Uh… Sehun? Sehun-ah? Sehunnie? Why are you crying?!”

--

“I think it’s cute,” Lu Han coos, and Kris rolls his eyes.

“Of course you’d think it’s cute.”

“I think the adjective you’re looking for is ‘lame’,” Jongin sings, flashing bright white teeth at the sulking Sehun. They’re currently gathered in the Gryffindor common room, an extremely bizarre sight of emerald green jumpers draped across red furniture.

“He was just really into the game. Isn’t that right, Sehunnie?” Lu Han says defensively, patting Sehun’s cheek, and oh no, he’s back to “baby-status”. Sehun almost starts crying again. Almost.

“Y-Yeah. Definitely. 100%. The quaffles were really red, after all.”

. This is exactly why Zhang Yixing should be banned from the commentator station! Perhaps he could run this by the Headmaster. He personally thinks he can do a much better job, anyway.

Jongin is laughing much louder than socially acceptable, and Tao is sending him a look somewhere between I-had-hope-in-you-and-now-I-don’t and between-more-than-once-and-one-hundred-how-many-times-were-you-dropped-on-your-head-as-a-baby.

It’s a real talent, to be able to send such a loaded look.

“They are really red, aren’t they?” says Zhang Yixing.

Wait.

Chanyeol leaps out of his armchair, and Jongdae spits out his butterbeer all over Baekhyun’s front.

“Alright, you have got to stop doing that,” Baekhyun groans.

“When the bloody hell did you get here?” Sehun sputters.

Yixing glances up at him from his seat on the floor, his yellow scarf pooled around his thighs.

“I was here the whole time.”

Lu Han leans over to Sehun conspiratorially to whisper in his ear, and Sehun’s face warms at the proximity. “Sometimes, I think he’s learnt how to Apparate already. He does this much too often.” He glances over at the dozing Yixing and pouts.

“Uh…” Sehun blinks twice to clear his head. Lu Han is a bit too close, his arm resting on Sehun’s thigh, and his lips close enough that, if Sehun fancied it, he could just lean over a little bit and snog the life out of him.

And hell, Sehun does fancy it.

He clears his throat awkwardly and jokes, “Or maybe he’s part ghost? I hear he’s awfully good chaps with the Bloody Baron.”

Lu Han giggles. “Yixing? A ghost?” Then, he leans back abruptly (and no, Sehun is not disappointed) with a look of fear. “You—you don’t really think so, do you? I used to share a room with him, back at Beauxbaxtons… and he did go missing for a month… Do you think he died?!”

The blonde’s eyes are wide with terror and his lips are trembling. He looks like a frightened deer.

Oh Sehun, you really ed up this time.

But in his defense, he had no idea Lu Han would be scared of ghosts. They live with them, for Merlin’s sake.

“Hey,” he murmurs, grabbing Lu Han’s cold hand and rubbing a thumb over soft knuckles. Lu Han’s hands, he notes, are not feminine, as opposed to his face. But yet, they aren’t strong. They’re not hard.

Sehun thinks they’re perfect.

Lu Han’s frightful gaze meets his. “You didn’t think I was serious, did you? I mean, look at him—” Sehun reaches out to tilt Lu Han’s chin in Yixing’s direction. The sweet Hufflepuff is telling a politely-amused Jongin about the giant squid in the pond. What about it, Sehun has absolutely no idea, and he’s fairly certain that Jongin doesn’t either. “He’s more like… a unicorn, right? Kind of gentle. Weird, but nice.”

“Yeah… Yeah, you’re right!” Lu Han brightens and finally clutches Sehun’s hand back, giving it a gentle squeeze. He stares at Sehun in wonder, his watery eyes searching for something on the Slytherin’s face.

“What? Did my hair change colour? Is it green again?”

“No, no,” Lu Han reassures with a breathless laugh.

Sehun decides that he really likes this look on Lu Han’s face.

“Then?”

I was so wrong about you.”

But before Sehun can ask what he means by that, Lu Han scrambles out of his seat to dodge the badly aimed hex sent by angry Baekhyun at Jongdae.

“Hey! Watch it!”

And Sehun is wrenched out of his thoughts by the ensuing magical pillow fight.

--

TBC