Lay-I just need you.

May the imagination begin.

Silence travelled through the cold atmosphere, threatening to suffocate me with this painful uncertainty. The air conditioner continued to generate damp air, adding a pang of moisture in this stark room. I stared at him, he looked so haggard right now, as though every single ounce of strength and hope had been mercilessly robbed off from him. A drop of tear slowly found its way down my cheeks as my stare intensified. My eyes were fixated onto me, he still looked great though. That healing unicorn, he still looked amazingly angelic and handsome. That pair of sparkly eyes, that sharp nose, that flawless complexion, that signature dimple of his, everything still looked exactly the same. He still looked dashing in my eyes. Just that... Just that the scars on his face marred the beauty in him. 

How I wished I could be the one lying down here, instead of him. 

How I wished I could replace him to take this suffering. 

How I wished I could be the one healing him right now. That healing unicorn had always been the one healing me. Now, Lay, please allow me heal you. 


Cupping his face with my small palms, I allowed the warmth in my hands to surge through his face, hoping that it would do some help in healing his hapless body. Just as I subtly slid my palms across his angelic face, Lay's eyes twitched as his face shook slightly to the right. My eyes brightened upon seeing that. Did Lay just move?! I rubbed my eyes and hit my head with my knuckles before looking at Lay again. He moved again. My eyes widened, I was really certain that it was not hallucination now. He really moved! Anxiously, I carefully held him by his arms as I shocked his body slightly. "Lay? Are you alright? Lay? Can you hear me? Lay?" 

Slowly, his eyes opened. HE WAS FINALLY AWAKEN. Struggling, Lay opened his mouth as he tried to move his head slightly to look at this unfamiliar surrounding. "Where... Where... Am... I?" Lay muttered under his weak breaths. I looked at him apologetically. I could feel his pain just by looking at him. My heart ached with every best. Smiling weakly, I replied, "Oppa, we are in a hospital. Do you remember what happened?..." Lay shocked his head innocently, completely forgotten about the fight he had because of me just now. He then looked at me, staring at the fresh wounds and cuts on me. Shocked, Lay shouted, "What happened to you? Why are you injuries?!" I hung my head down in shame as I attempted to muffle my cries with my trembling hands. How could I possibly tell him that his girlfriend right now almost got by a bunch of jerks?... And that he almost got killed for saving his girlfriend?... "Ah... That's... Nothing.... It's a long story... I am glad you're fine now... Let... Let me call the doctor in..." I spoke again, this time trying to run away from Lay. Lay instantaneously grabbed me by my wrist and stopped me from leaving the room. I jumped and scooted away from him upon the touch, I was too scared to be touched by any man right now, including Lay. Lay looked at me, shocked yet worried. How could anyone expect him to remain calm after knowing that he had been unconscious and the next moment he regained his conscience, he was in a hospital covered with wounds and his injured girlfriend being so paranoid and all?...

I shook my head vigorously as hot tears spilled down my cheeks. "Nothing! Really nothing!" I screamed repeatedly as I finally collapsed onto the floor, weeping. Startled and worried, lay hurriedly got out from the bed and kneeled beside me. I watched how he walked slowly towards me, every single movement seemed to require great strength from him now. Yet, he seemed perfectly fine doing so. It was as though there was no wound on him, as though his healing power had cured the physical pain within him. Perhaps it was love. 

Cupping my hands with his injured hands, he looked at me with teary eyes. He ruffled my hair, as gentle as he could, afraid that I would shrink off upon his touch. Yet I did not. I had no idea why too, but Lay's touch really did settle my heart down. I no longer felt nervous or scared. Instead, the fear and despair in me were replaced by serenity and security. Smiling, Lay whispered gently, "It's okay jagi ah. It's okay, I don't need to know anything. I just need to know that you're fine now. I love you." Lay then pulled me into his embrace.