Eight

By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(3rd person pov)

"W-W-What did you say?" Taeyeon replied softly, still trying to let the truth sink in.

 

"Do I really have to repeat that, Taengoo?"

 

 

Taeyeon, now with cold sweat trickling down her forehead was furious. She turned to look at him.

 

 

"You're..."

 

"That's right, Kim Taeyeon, that's right..."

 

"What happened to you Jiyong Oppa? You're not the same person I knew before.."

 

 

He gave a clean smirk, walked towards her side and whispered at her ear.

 

 

"You. You happened."

 

"...Kim Taeyeon, I'm not the same Jiyong oppa that you knew and grew up with. And you're to blame for this," he pulled away from her ear and stepped back, eyes still fixed on her from head to toe. The smirk, still visible on his face.

 

"I swear, I do not know where to even begin......I was young and foolish wasn't I, Kim Taeyeon?"

 

 

Taeyeon swallowed her saliva and blinked back the tears that was threatening to overcome her. She was also unsure whether the use of her full name meant that he was intimidating her or he was just emphasizing his point.

 

 

"I'm just a kid you met back in Jeonju. A kid that couldn't cherish a special friendship, huh? Nothing special about that. Oh, so why not I just leave him as if we've got no connection. Let's just leave without words and throw everything we shared for four ing years down the drain shall we?" he said sarcastically and now clapping his hands.

 

"Kim Taeyeon, Jinjja You're seriously Jjang!"

 

"Ji..."

 

"NO! You don't Jiyong oppa me now. Now...It's my talk. You...? You just stand there and listen! Arrasseo?!"

 

 

She abided by his request and nodded politely. Afterall, was also too raw with pain for her to even speak. At that moment she realized, she has to listen to his side of the story to clear all her curiosities.

 

 

-

 

 

FLASHBACK, JIYONG POV

 

"Omma, Omma, when's The Kims reaching?" I asked omma, pulling her long dress while she was busy wiping the plates in the kitchen.

 

"They're not coming today my child," Omma calmly mumbling her words as she replied me.

 

"Not coming? What do you mean omma? B-B-But they come here everyday to drop Taengoo off so we can play!"

 

"I SAID THEY'RE NOT COMING TODAY! WHY CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND?" her sudden scream made me experience a loss of words. I then stood, rooted to the ground, looking upwards where I saw Omma led out a sigh.

 

"Hais, Jiyong... I'm sorry. I should not have shouted at you. The Kims, they are not coming back. They moved and yesterday was our final gathering with them. And yes, your final meeting with Taeyeon-ssi,"

 

"MWOYA?" I screamed at the top of my voice that it echoed along the walls of my quiet house. In a blind fury, I smashed the chair against the floor and ran into my room, ignoring my omma's voice trailing behind me. After slamming the door shut, I broke down on the floor crying.

 

 

At that moment the thoughts of you filled my mind. Taeyeon, your precious smile and company was the best I have ever had for the past four years. I have yet to meet any other person like you. You were my only friend and now you're gone without telling me. I looked out of my bedroom window only to see ominous black clouds covering the sky and releasing a sudden shower onto the garden, the last I saw you. And amidst the heavy flow of rain, was a spot of my mum's gardening, showcasing the beautifully planted purple flowers which you loved, getting its source of food.

 

 

“will you miss me?” I asked with a tinge of sadness.

 

"Because I know I will.... Aish Kim Taeyeon, why are you being like this? I hope you'd always remember what I told you"

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK, END OF POV

 

 

-

 

 

"And that was when I vowed to never stop searching for you. Its been months since I begged my omma to bring me to Seoul. I had an ambition as well and I figured what better way to find you and chase my dream together than being an idol, with plans of being successful and writing a song. But omma, she never believed in me, telling me that being an idol will ruin me. One day, while walking along the pavements nearby my house and singing out loud, I confronted by a passerby which introduced himself as a talent scout and I was brought to the company to start training with my parent's consent. With intense training, I guess I got too caught up in which memories of you started to fade away. Slowly. A month before Big Bang made their debut back in 2006, I learnt of an SM trainee by the name of Kim Taeyeon. You....you didn't change a bit since you're younger did you?"

 

 

Taeyeon listened carefully to his story, not even making a slight movement. His story gathered a mixture of fascination and curiosity to which she was interested to keep on listening.

 

 

"I did follow you once in the evening of your training. Tracking your every move, only to find you meeting up with a middle-aged couple. Your parents were in town that day and you had a meal with them amidst your training. There, I confirmed you're the one. You can calm down now because I did not do any further stalking though. However, I was indeed planning and starting my game."

 

"Game? What kind of game are you talking about?" She interrupted at the moment of capturing the key word.

 

"Taeyeon-ssi, have you ever wondered how I even knew you're going to be home tonight?"

 

 

Taeyeon shook her head. She thought hard. What could she have possibly do to have made this such a simple task for the dragon to carry out his plans? And then, it struck her. A text message she sent.

 

 

"Oh, and I'll be going to visit my parents after the event! What are your plans then?"

 

 

"You..Y-You're PrinceG?"

 

"Chukkahae, I knew this Kim Taeyeon is smart."

 

"You've been pretending all this while behind the screen? And I did not even know about it? All these while whenever we bumped into one another on music shows, your character and attitude towards me was just a facade to hide your game so that you'd be the last idol I would have assumed to be contacting me?" Taeyeon, now putting the pieces of the puzzles together.

 

"Correct again, my dear. I was waiting for the right moment to make my official introduction. And that's when I thought, six years was enough to learn more about you. I needed to end this game. Honestly, a game is more fun with more players, isn't it? Since I'm the only one playing it, the game got boring. I needed to upgrade into a new game. And that's where the collaboration came into the pi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter